Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: MrsMosley Washington D.C. - 06/16/07 06:40 PM
Hey everyone! I'm going to Washington D.C. next Fri-Mon. It's not my first time there, so I've seen the big stuff - monuments, Smithsonian, etc. Does anyone have anything they like to do in Washington that's not as well known?

Thanks! Lisa
Posted By: groobie Re: Washington D.C. - 06/18/07 11:11 AM
Well, you say that you've been to the Smithsonian, but that's saying a lot! Have you been to the Sackler and Freer Galeries? They specialize in Asian art, and even though they're right on the Mall, they are often overlooked. When my husband and I went, we were practically the only ones there. Beautiful artwork and nice air conditioning...perfect for a D.C. summer day! cool
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: Washington D.C. - 06/18/07 02:00 PM
you say that you've been to the Smithsonian, but that's saying a lot
Well, that's certainly true! It would take years to see it all. I guees what I was trying to say was that I've seen the basics. But I haven't seen the two you recommended, so thank you, Susan! smile
Posted By: dcarson Re: Washington D.C. - 06/18/07 03:28 PM
If you are a aerospace fan the new annex out at the airport is worth going to. Lots of large things like one of the shuttle prototypes that they didn't have room to display before. Shuttle, concord, blackbird etc. http://www.nasm.si.edu/udvarhazy/
Posted By: IsisLnC Re: Washington D.C. - 06/18/07 03:48 PM
The Franklin Delano Roosevelt memorial is really interesting place to visit. Its got a gigantic fountain and a great view of the river! I went there last summer!

FDR memorial
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Washington D.C. - 06/18/07 06:14 PM
Oh, I loved the Roosevelt Memorial. I could have spent an hour or more there instead of the 20 minutes we had with our tour. The other local presidential memorials are also worth a look: I really enjoyed the Jefferson, and of course the Lincoln Memorial is unmissable. As are the war memorials in the same area as the Lincoln. You can easily spend an entire afternoon in the war memorials/Lincoln memorial section. Though you may already have done all of those?

What else? Library of Congress? The Supreme Court? How about Congress itself? I suppose, though, that these all count as 'well-known' stuff wink

Wendy smile
Posted By: Laurach Re: Washington D.C. - 06/18/07 06:39 PM
The white house tour is nice too. Washington DC reminds me of a futuristic version of Ancient Rome. 2000 years from now I wonder if it will be sitting in ruin like Ancient Roman monuments. Enjoy Wendy!The Smithsonian Air and Space Museum is where I first saw Dean Cain in person before I knew who he was. That was in 1996. Time flies! Hope you had a blast! Laura
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards