Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: BJ Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 12:34 PM
I wasn't sure if this is the right place to say hello, but wanted to warn you all that you'll be seeing me around, especially in the fanfic folder.
wave
I was introduced to L&C several months ago by Kathy Brown. When she found out how much I liked angst, she pimped L&C to me and I've been lurking and devouring the archive for several months. I also just finished watching all the episodes on DVD (and am still trying to recover from "Family Hour"), but I'm am well and truly hooked and I figured it was time come out and play.

I'm new to the mbs, so please be kind to his 'little FoLC-ling learning to type FDK'. wink

BJ
Posted By: Matrix Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 01:06 PM
Hi BJ! goofy

Anyway, if you have any questions, just ask. The people here are a great bunch and are always willing to help out.

-- DJ
Posted By: LabRat Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 01:18 PM
Hey, BJ!

[Linked Image]

You'll certainly have no trouble finding your angst fix here. goofy

Have fun catching up!

LabRat smile
Posted By: BJ Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 01:24 PM
Thanks for the welcome, DJ and Labby.
If you enjoying reading fanfic, then you won't be disappointed - there is a lot of great fanfic out there for the series.
Yep, I know. In fact, I'd read so many stories before I watched the DVDs, I already knew the plots - I still made myself watch the Argh, though. :rolleyes:

A question, if I may, I'm assuming that you are a girl...
Yeah, I'm female. These are initials and the 'B' is for Brenda.

BJ
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 01:26 PM
YAY!! We always welcome new folclings! Hope you have fun here! And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. (Even if it's about the Siberian tiger population, because really, I'm sure someone knows the answer. goofy )

Sara laugh
Posted By: Bettina Baumann Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 01:50 PM
Originally posted by KSaraSara:
(Even if it's about the Siberian tiger population, because really, I'm sure someone knows the answer. goofy )
lol, a two minute google search brought up the fact of only about 400 tigers left living in the wild.

Welcome Brenda, I hope you will feel comfortable and at home here on these boards smile
Posted By: woody Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 02:07 PM
That little FoLC-ling part reminded me of "FoLCs in the Mist". Welcome to our species.
Posted By: BJ Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 02:11 PM
Sara, Bettina & Woody,
Thanks for the welcome (and yes, I'm happy to join the FOLCs herd wink .
Originally posted by KSaraSara:
(Even if it's about the Siberian tiger population, because really, I'm sure someone knows the answer. goofy )
LOL. While I've not thought much about the Siberian Tiger population, I've often wondered about the airspeed velocity of an unladened swallow ...
laugh
Posted By: woody Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 02:15 PM
African or European?
Posted By: LabRat Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 03:12 PM
African or European?
[Linked Image]

Oh, I love this forum. laugh

LabRat smile
Posted By: Caroline Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 04:11 PM
Welcome! (Sorry I can't make mine as colorful as LabRat's, but it's heartfelt, I assure you *g*)

So glad you delurked smile

Caroline
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 04:51 PM
Welcome BJ! smile I hope you have a great time around here. We sure do. hehehe!

Nice to see there are other Monty Python fans around. laugh (I just die whenever I hear/see the cheese shop sketch *lol* these guys are so wacky!)
Posted By: MetroChumpy Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 05:00 PM
wave I hope to see you around here a lot!

Jessi
Posted By: datchickukindaknow Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 05:46 PM
Ooh fresh meat...uh...I mean welcome. laugh
Posted By: jackiek Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 06:35 PM
Welcome BJ!
Posted By: Shadow Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 06:44 PM
Hey, welcome!

Oh boy, can we deliver angst here! It's great. <g>

JD
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 07:52 PM
Welcome!

Delurking can be so much fun! I should know, I lurked for almost 7 years.
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: Newbie greetings - 02/15/07 08:30 PM
Ah, I love having new people join us. Welcome, BJ!
Posted By: HatMan Re: Newbie greetings - 02/16/07 02:46 AM
Welcome! Any friend of KathyB's is a friend of mine. smile

Especially one who wonders about unladen swallows.

Of course, I've always been more curious about the laden swallows. What do they do with all the coconuts, anyway?
Posted By: woody Re: Newbie greetings - 02/16/07 03:18 AM
I don't know...you might ask our English FoLCs how the swallows bring their coconuts to them.
Posted By: bakasi Re: Newbie greetings - 02/16/07 05:24 AM
Welcome to the boards! party

You'll definitely find everything her to get your daily fix of angst. But I have to warn you, each dose increases your hunger. laugh
Posted By: JoMurf Re: Newbie greetings - 02/16/07 06:05 AM
Welcome BJ!!
Posted By: Selinde Re: Newbie greetings - 02/16/07 11:09 AM
Hiya BJ, and welcome to the boards smile

[Linked Image]

Oh boy, DJ and BJ, that's gonna be pretty confusing wink
Posted By: BJ Re: Newbie greetings - 02/16/07 11:27 AM
Thanks, everyone, for the kind welcome.

Oh, and Paul? Didn't you already know? The coconuts are brought in by the swallows - they grip it by the husk laugh

You guys crack me up...
Posted By: HatMan Re: Newbie greetings - 02/16/07 05:51 PM
Yes, yes. The swallows bring in the coconuts. Gripping the husk. Probably working in pairs. Everyone knows that. What I want to know is why. Despite several intense seconds of theoretical research, no one seems to know...
Posted By: LabRat Re: Newbie greetings - 02/17/07 07:48 AM
What I want to know is why.
It seemed like a good idea at the time? I imagine there are a lot of lady swallows asking the same question of husbands who have a hangover and a sheepish expression and getting the reply, "Well, at least it's more useful than a traffic cone!"

LabRat smile
Posted By: TOC Re: Newbie greetings - 02/17/07 08:00 AM
Welcome, BJ!

And hey, are you a Monthy Python fan? What sketch is you favorite? I love the sports varieties - you know, the marathon for people suffering from incontinence and the hundred meter dash for people with no sense of direction? rotflol rotflol rotflol

Ann
Posted By: woody Re: Newbie greetings - 02/17/07 11:52 AM
What I want to know is why.
Didn't you know? Monty made an order with the African Swallow Deliveries. Nice company. Course, he contacted the European Swallow Deliveries, but they referred him.

It's hard on the lady swallows yes, having their husbands gone on long business trips, but they have to make a living somehow, and I hear the benefits plan at ASD is pretty good. Health insurance for the chicks, including any injuries during flying lessons, Life insurance for the male (there are predators, you know), Dental insurance (gotta keep those beaks healthy and strong), special foot insurance (for injuries suffered while attempting to grip said husks, or other objects (they don't only deliver coconuts)), and of course discounted psychiatry services (who knows what goes on in those birdbrains). They even allow a bit of "paternity leave" for when the missus can't leave the nest because the eggs have just hatched.
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Newbie greetings - 02/18/07 04:25 PM
Welcome, BJ! Enjoy the plentiful angst this fandom has to offer! laugh

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: BJ Re: Newbie greetings - 02/20/07 12:04 PM
Hi Ann and Anna wave Thanks for the welcome.
Sorry for the absence - RL stomped on all my fun this week. frown

Originally posted by Ann:
What sketch is you favorite?
I giggle at so many, but I'd have to say that the Cheese Shop is one of my favorites, followed closely by Spam. I know they're probably in the 'top 40' of MP sketches, but they're so freakin' funny! rotflol
BJ
Posted By: Karen Re: Newbie greetings - 02/20/07 01:52 PM
Welcome, BJ! And the obvious answer to the coconut question is so that there are horses to ride!
Posted By: Vanda Detroit Re: Newbie greetings - 02/21/07 03:07 AM
Welcome, BJ!

Barb
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards