Posted By: Selinde Lol - 08/23/06 04:30 PM
Just wanted to share this pic: goofy
[Linked Image]
byee! wave
Posted By: Matrix Re: Lol - 08/23/06 04:36 PM
Hah! Selinde that's great - priceless!!

Thanks for sharing! laugh
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Lol - 08/23/06 06:33 PM
ROTFL! Is that a picture you took from your hometown?

Reminds me of this lighted readout on one of our taller buildings that is supposed to report the time and temperature. Well, the danged thing was reading 80-some degrees for days in the dead heat of the summer when it had to be at *least* 100. I guess they finally realized their temp gauge was broken, because I drove by one day and it read: HOT!!

Good thing I was at a stoplight. goofy
Posted By: Incognito Re: Lol - 08/23/06 07:19 PM
HA! I loved that anecdote, Sara, and that visual, Selinde. Awesome. Thanks for the resulting smile on my face. smile
Posted By: vive60 Re: Lol - 08/23/06 07:22 PM
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol
That's great!

How come us Massachusetts people don't get signs like that? Ours seem to be always on the time, the date, the temperature, or they tell you that construction is going on ahead even if there isn't any. Or they're just turned off. :rolleyes: And yes, they will say 20 degrees F in the middle of summer.
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: Lol - 08/23/06 08:14 PM
That is too funny. The people who program those signs where I live don't have that sense of humor!
Posted By: Shadow Re: Lol - 08/23/06 08:42 PM
Oh that's too funny! I wish they'd do that where I live! They're in the middle of ripping up some medians to accomodate traffic for a new shopping strip.

Jen
Posted By: Doranwen Re: Lol - 08/24/06 12:41 AM
LOL! That's great! Thanks for sharing the sign and the anecdote, both of you! smile
Posted By: Schnuffichen Re: Lol - 08/24/06 10:36 AM
ROFL - that's just great!

Finally something to smile about when you're stuck in traffic jam wink

Remind on a sign I saw in New York:

"DON'T EVEN THINK OF PARKING HERE!" laugh

Bye,

Jana
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: Lol - 08/24/06 02:33 PM
Originally posted by MrsMosley:
That is too funny. The people who program those signs where I live don't have that sense of humor!
Actually the people who put the signs up probably don't have much to do with it - someone posted about this on a weblog a couple of months ago, apparently he was driving past a sign and noticed that the control buttons were accessible, and hopped out of his car and quicky changed the message. On several signs... I'm not sure if one of them was this sign or another like it, but the picture looks vaguely familier so it might be that one.

Slightly later: Just remembered where I saw it and found the blog again. Not the same sign after all, apologies for the mistake.

Here\'s the one I remembered.
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Lol - 08/24/06 03:41 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!! rotflol

Thanks for the link, Marcus!

Sara smile
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Lol - 08/27/06 04:29 PM
ROTFL, Selinde, that's real fun! *cracks up*

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Lol - 08/28/06 12:26 AM
Okay, I had to take a picture for you all. goofy Sorry it's not the best, but it's the best I could do at the stoplight. wink

[Linked Image]

It's been trying to rain for a few days now, hence the new "status". laugh

Sara
Posted By: Matrix Re: Lol - 08/28/06 04:50 AM
Ha ha! That's great Sara! Wish I could share some of our rain with you. It's rained 4 times in the past week and flooded each time.
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Lol - 08/28/06 06:33 AM
Haha, Sara, thank you! That's real fun.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: malu Re: Lol - 08/28/06 07:56 AM
Remind on a sign I saw in New York:

"DON'T EVEN THINK OF PARKING HERE!"
Jana, that's in front of the U.N., right? smile

I've seen those too, a long time ago.

See ya,

malu wave
Posted By: Selinde Re: Lol - 08/28/06 11:42 AM
Lol Sara, Jana, Marcus, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.. Lots of reactions to the topic, i'm surprised :p

Originally posted by KSaraSara:
Is that a picture you took from your hometown?
No, I just bumped into it on the internet (www.ongein.com, sorry I think I should have credited wink ) I wish I could see those things in real life.. laugh
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards