Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LoveIsForever ff.net ? - 08/14/06 01:38 PM
Does anyone here go to ff.net? Because the last two days when I went on ff.net my virus protect keeps coming up with a trojan they have to clean off my computer. I was wondering if this happened to anyone else who has been going there?
Posted By: Chaos Re: ff.net ? - 08/14/06 02:59 PM
Nope, but then, I have turned Scripts off, people have to try a bit harder to get onto my system.
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: ff.net ? - 08/14/06 03:31 PM
This is a common problem with ff.net caused mostly by their advertisers. You can fix it to an extent by replacing your computer's "hosts" file, which tells it not to open content from certain sites. To do this go to:

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

go to the hosts.zip link, and follow the directions for the windows program you are using.

There's a batch file that automates the installation further down the page; you can also download a program called KH Blocker that automatically updates your host file every day, but it's a bit of a nuisance because it pops up every day and tells you what it's doing.
Posted By: Bettina Baumann Re: ff.net ? - 08/18/06 10:00 AM
FF.net also allows you to disable the ads via the Menu-dropdown. They don't display any banners for two days after activating that.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards