Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: MLT Stanley Cup - 06/19/06 12:11 PM
I don't really have anything to say about the Stanley Cup. But I saw the World Cup topic and, as a Canadian, felt left out laugh

(Okay, I'm going to quit being a brat now and get back to work)

ML wave
Posted By: LabRat Re: Stanley Cup - 06/19/06 12:51 PM
LOL, ML. The only thing I know about the Stanley Cup is that Jack O'Neill follows it. goofy

LabRat smile
Posted By: Matrix Re: Stanley Cup - 06/19/06 01:11 PM
Ha ha, ML, you are too funny!

Yes, get back to work now, but not real work, get back to work on your story. laugh You know, the one with all the names of people who worked at the Planet...and the one with the corny pick-up lines. smile1
Posted By: MLT Re: Stanley Cup - 06/19/06 03:06 PM
Jack O'Neill follows it
That's because they film Stargate in Canada laugh

You know, the one with all the names of people who worked at the Planet...and the one with the corny pick-up lines.
Okay, now... Which story did you want me to work on? laugh

ML
Posted By: Allie Re: Stanley Cup - 06/19/06 04:03 PM
It's true that Stargate is filmed in Vancouver,
but I think RD Anderson loved hockey before that. He's from Minnesota I think, and they love hockey there too !

Allie
Posted By: Karen Re: Stanley Cup - 06/19/06 06:19 PM
Go 'Canes! Hubby's currently watching the game, ignoring the family that's visiting. Of course, it's my family, and they're slowly driving me mad *eyes little brothers* so I don't blame him.

Yeah, RDA was a hockey fan even before Stargate. If I remember correctly, he played it when he was younger, and broke both arms because of it.
Posted By: Shadow Re: Stanley Cup - 06/19/06 08:24 PM
Woohoo, the Hurricanes just won!! Dad said that this was Rob Brind'Amour's first Stanley Cup. That was some news to me; feels like he's been around forever!

Cheers,
Jen
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Stanley Cup - 06/19/06 08:43 PM
Well since the Habs were out of the running I was cheering on Edmonton because they are Canadian.

Congrats to the 'Canes but oh why oh why Edmonton - why did you fall apart? The 'Canes were the better team though smile

Hmmm, but 11 of the 25 players are Canadaian smile hehe.
Posted By: Artemis Re: Stanley Cup - 06/20/06 05:18 AM
That's because they film Stargate in Canada
No, RDA is from Minnesota and played hockey there, so he was a fan long before he started working in Vancouver.
I can't believe a US team won over Canada!
cool
Artemis
Posted By: gerry Re: Stanley Cup - 06/20/06 07:50 AM
Artemis, I heard that there were more Canadians playing for the Hurricane than for the Oilers. Maybe that's why they won.

g
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Stanley Cup - 06/20/06 08:04 AM
Way to go, 'Canes! smile My hubby and I stayed up late watching the game, and it was wonderfully exciting. Earlier in the evening, I drove past the RBC Center twice. I just get such a charge out of being right next door to such a big event. goofy The whole area is practically delirious with joy. The last few weeks, you could just see the Hurricanes flags go up on more and more cars.

goofy
Posted By: MLT Re: Stanley Cup - 06/20/06 09:14 AM
Okay, I'm going to propose a new law: Any Canadian who plays hockey for an American team will immediately lose their Canadian citizenship!

(oh, wait. that won't work. they'll all just become Americans)

Okay, okay. Let's revise that. Any Canadian who plays hockey for an American team will not only lose their Canadian citizenship but will never again be allowed back into Canada (that way they couldn't come back here to play in Canada which would effectively end their hockey career). Yep. That's it. I think that would work.

Okay, I'm off now to email the Prime Minister. I saw him at game six and he was chearing for the Oilers so I'm sure he'll go along with this laugh

ML wave
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Stanley Cup - 06/20/06 10:15 AM
I'm very very happy for Rod finally winning a Stanley Cup smile Hip Hip Horray! Ward was just awesome.

I hope a Canadian team wins it again some time. Hopefully the Habs - hey a gal can dream! If they don't win one by 2010, it will be the first decade were they don't win a Stanley cup. They were the last Cdn team to win it in '93.

MLT --> rotflol
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards