Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Wanda Detroit Hold a good thought... - 06/29/04 08:02 PM
Hi everybody--
Please hold a good thought for my dog, Madison... she will be having surgery tomorrow and I'm very, very worried. She is 11 and in excellent health except at her last checkup they found she had a benign tumor on the roof of her mouth - and while it is benign, it is 'aggressive-growing' so it must be removed along with part of the bone...
Anyhow, she is the sweetest dog (a golden retriever) and happy as can be. I hate that she has to go through this at such an old age. The good news is, there is a 95% cure rate with the surgery...
Please hope for the best for Madison!
Thanks, FoLCs...
--Wanda
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: Hold a good thought... - 06/29/04 08:18 PM
Oh my gosh, that's so horrible! I hope she is okay. My 8 year old dog Max had a benign, estrogen secreting tumor on his . . . male parts . . . that made him grow nipples and lose his hair. Once the tumor was removed, he was back to being a healthy, happy dog laugh . So, hopefully, Madison will recover just as well smile .

- Laura
Posted By: Shadow Re: Hold a good thought... - 06/29/04 08:50 PM
frown Oh, I'll hold at least 5 good thoughts for Madison. I have a very soft spot for dogs. Mine's a 6 year old lab-retriever. We had to drive him up to Birmingham (like a 6 hour drive) for surgery. He broke a bone in his leg last year, and they had to repair it. Best of luck!

Jen
Posted By: LabRat Re: Hold a good thought... - 06/29/04 09:08 PM
I can well imagine how worried you are, Wanda, and you and Madison will be in my thoughts. I know how I was when my baby, Homer, had to have even minor surgery on an ear infection last year. Complete wreck.

Let us know how it goes! And the very best of luck. I'm sure things will turn out just fine.

LabRat smile
Posted By: Julie S Re: Hold a good thought... - 06/29/04 10:20 PM
frown

That's awful... I can't completely relate because I never had a dog (what a wasteed childhood), but I know how terrible that must be. Not having a dog, I mean, you know what I mean.

I'll send prayers.

Julie
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: Hold a good thought... - 06/29/04 10:40 PM
I shall hope the best for you. I've had my dog since I was 10. I'm turning 27 next month. I love her to bits! She has a bad heart whinging and coughs mecry , but otherwise jumps around like a bunny! laugh You'd have to see it I guess. My Sally and I are cheering for Madison!!!! BIG HUGS!!
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: Hold a good thought... - 06/30/04 10:11 PM
Wanda, I hope Madison made it through surgery with flying colors.

Best wishes from Sara, Max (who we try not to let him know that he's getting older), and Kody (who we are convivced is really part pig).
Posted By: luv_that_Clark Re: Hold a good thought... - 07/01/04 08:49 AM
I send out my sympathy to Madison and you as well..I hope everything went 'smooth-sailing' clap considering that she's a part of you.
Posted By: Wanda Detroit Re: Hold a good thought... - 07/01/04 04:46 PM
MADISON UPDATE!!

Thanks everyone, for thinking of Madison and I... She got through her surgery--everything went very well! She did have to stay overnight at the vet's, but she is home safe and sound now.

She is quite embarrassed of her cone-shaped 'bonnet' thing around her head, and her snout and patches on her legs are shaved. But her face looks great--there is no change in her appearance at all! She is not quite hungry yet but that's to be expected.

Anyhow, I think that she's going to be fine!! Thanks everyone for your concern!

Love, not-so-worried Wanda smile1
Posted By: Shadow Re: Hold a good thought... - 07/02/04 12:10 AM
Yay! I'm so happy it went well!

JD
Posted By: LabRat Re: Hold a good thought... - 07/02/04 05:00 AM
smile1

Thanks for the update, Wanda - glad all is well.

LabRat smile
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Hold a good thought... - 07/02/04 05:02 AM
Glad to hear it! smile

PJ
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards