Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Xanabee miserable failure - 12/09/03 03:31 PM
Sorry, American FoLCs, but I just couldn't resist! laugh

Look at the first hit that comes up when you type in 'miserable failure' in Google.com.

Ursie

Now ducking from rotten tomatoes,

peep
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: miserable failure - 12/09/03 03:33 PM
clap dance rotflol

I knew it! wink Seriously, that was a great laugh (at least to this Democrat). Thanks, Ursie laugh .
Posted By: rivka Re: miserable failure - 12/09/03 04:00 PM
:rolleyes: Google bombing strikes again.

And while I am not a huge fan of our president, I don't consider character assassination all that funny. huh
Posted By: Julie S Re: miserable failure - 12/09/03 04:23 PM
rotflol
that was hilarious!

Julie
Posted By: IsisLnC Re: miserable failure - 12/09/03 06:07 PM
rotflol

Google bombing strikes again.
What's 'google bombing'?

~jen
Posted By: Anne Spear Re: miserable failure - 12/09/03 08:59 PM
Okay, I want to know what made you try this in the first place... confused
Posted By: rivka Re: miserable failure - 12/09/03 09:44 PM
An explanation of Google bombing .

This time it started with this site.

It's a cheap stunt. And IMO, morally similar to stabbing someone in the back. I'm not a Bush fan, but I express my opinions openly, not through subterfuge and childish stunts.
Posted By: Julie S Re: miserable failure - 12/09/03 10:13 PM
Oh, Rivka, you take the fun out of everything. :)The bombing thing really takes away the humour.

Julie (who thinks, that despite everything, Bush is still much more active than Jean Chretien, our dear soon to be dethroned PM. Actually, has he been replaced already?)
Posted By: Birdie Re: miserable failure - 12/09/03 10:22 PM
For a while there if you typed in "President 2004" you got a Howard Dean site. Now you get Dennis Kucinich.

And if you type "Weapons of Mass Destruction" you'll notice at the top of the screen you'll get an error message reading "Cannot find Weapons of Mass Destruction".

Ah, google. :p
Posted By: rivka Re: miserable failure - 12/09/03 11:09 PM
Oh for goodness sakes.

The BBC decided that this was news .

BTW, the fault lies not with Google, but with people who are aware of how it works and manipulate it. Google has an official policy of ignoring these stunts.
Posted By: Xanabee Re: miserable failure - 12/10/03 01:45 AM
Don't kill the messenger...

This was sent to me by an American friend - who, by the way, is a staunch Bush fan. He thought it was hilarious. laugh

Don't ask me why anyone would look up words like that. I emailed my friend and asked him if it was maybe 'a guy thing'. I'm very interested in his answer.

Ursie
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards