Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Phoenix Rising New to these boards - 05/14/03 02:57 PM
I am totally new here, but my mom has told me about these boards. She says it will be good for my writing.

I have to say I'm hoping that she's right. She's too nice to me to be a good critic.

I like to write my own original fiction and I'm looking forward to constructive criticism. I also like to play RPG games.

My name's Kathleen, I'm almost 14, I love to write about dragons, horses, clones, and magick and I love to read just about anything.

Kathleen smile1
Posted By: IreneD Re: New to these boards - 05/14/03 02:59 PM
Let me be the first to welcome you to these boards, Kathleen! I hope that I did tell you the truth and that the people here will give your original fiction good constructive criticism. And you're right. I think your writing's just perfect so I'm really not any help at all! smile

Glad to see you here!

love, Mom! sloppy
Posted By: Wendymr Re: New to these boards - 05/14/03 03:02 PM
Kathleen!!!!! Hi! smile1
Posted By: Saskia Re: New to these boards - 05/14/03 03:32 PM
Hi Kathleen! Welcome to the boards! party

The rumor goes you write well so I'm looking forward to read your stories!

Enjoy your time here!

Saskia
Posted By: HatMan Re: New to these boards - 05/14/03 05:04 PM
hi kathleen! welcome to the boards! smile looking forward to seeing some of your writing, especially if the talent runs in the family. cool

as for criticism, well, we'll see. generally, you get more encouragement than criticism here, imo, although people will make small-scale suggestions if they come up with something and if the author seems amenable. just something about criticizing someone in public, i guess. if you want real constructive criticism, i'd suggest looking for a beta reader first (just post asking for one in the "fanfic related" section saying you're looking for a BR, and maybe add a bit of general info about the story).

i have to say, though, that "mom's too nice to give me good constructive criticism" is a great attitude. laugh

oh, and much as i love these boards and folcdom in general, i'll also have to warn you that comments in the original fiction forum have been fairly sparse as compared to comments about l&c fiction. these are, after all, primarily l&c fic boards.

still, i hope you have a good time and a positive experience. folcs are really cool people. we have some very good authors among us, wide and varied knowledge and skills, and a lot of very friendly people. smile

so, welcome, have fun, and best of luck. smile

Paul
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: New to these boards - 05/14/03 06:18 PM
Hi Kathleen,

party Welcome! party

MAF laugh
Posted By: Ja-10 Re: New to these boards - 05/14/03 06:35 PM
Hi Kathleen and welcome to the boards!

I have one question, how did you come up with your nick(username)?

Ja-10(who wonders if the nick is related to the X-men?)
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: New to these boards - 05/14/03 06:41 PM
Hey Kathleen!

So your mom has confessed to knowing us, has she? goofy How very brave of her! wink

I agree with her, though; these boards will probably be very helpful with your writing. At any rate, we should be better than fanfiction.net. (If we're not, I might have to shoot my modem!)

Anyway, hi, nice to meet you, have fun!

PJ
Posted By: AnnieM Re: New to these boards - 05/14/03 07:24 PM
Hi Kathleen,

Welcome to the boards! Can't wait to see some of your stories. smile

Annie
Posted By: MissyG Re: New to these boards - 05/14/03 07:48 PM
Hi Kathleen!!

[Linked Image]

Welcome to the boards!!

Missy (Psst! Are we supposed to know that you and your mom are related ??) smile1
Posted By: Melisma Re: New to these boards - 05/14/03 08:08 PM
Welcome Kathleen... Pull up a (computer) chair and join the fun! Sure, post your stories, but also join in the trivia and the caption contests and all the other madness that makes this board so much fun. (And if your mom starts complaining that you're hogging the computer, or spending too much time online, just tell her it's her fault for getting you hooked! smile )

Melisma (moping under her Rock, muttering jealously that she never got hooked by *her* mom...)
Posted By: Shadow Re: New to these boards - 05/14/03 09:52 PM
Hey Kathleen! smile1
Posted By: TriciaW Re: New to these boards - 05/15/03 12:31 AM
Hi Kathleen

Welcome to the boards! jump
I'm looking forward to reading your stories.

Tricia cool
Posted By: LabRat Re: New to these boards - 05/15/03 03:40 AM
Hi, Kathleen - happy to have you join us! thumbsup

LabRat smile
Posted By: Elena Re: New to these boards - 05/15/03 03:52 AM
Welcome, Kathleen! smile1
Posted By: Xanabee Re: New to these boards - 05/15/03 04:30 AM
Hi Kathleen! Welcome! hyper

Ursie
Posted By: Loriel Eris Re: New to these boards - 05/15/03 07:10 AM
Hi Kathleen

Welcome! party

Can't wait to see your orignal fiction. Any chance we can get you started on L&C? laugh

Loriel (who wishes her mum was as enthusiastic!)
Posted By: Phoenix Rising Re: New to these boards - 05/16/03 09:13 AM
Gosh guys! Thanks for the replys. smile1 I hope this helps with my writing, I'm curently working on a 'good'( mecry And, yes, people are soposed to know that me and mom are related, just not in public. cool Im to cool for that!
Posted By: Shadow Re: New to these boards - 05/16/03 11:49 AM
I 'might' be talked into L and C stories
I bet one day you'll get sucked into it LOL. I eventually did. But I'm the one of the biggest procrastinators on the planet, so people rarely see anything by me. Case in point, if I finish my next fic by August 2005, I'll deem it 'finishing it on time'. <g>

Jen
Posted By: IreneD Re: New to these boards - 05/16/03 03:44 PM
... just not in public.
Hmm, I'm going to remember this tomorrow morning at 6:30 a.m. when I'm getting ready to take you to your riding competition!

grumble

Mom
Posted By: RetroRose Re: New to these boards - 05/16/03 08:15 PM
Kathleen,
Welcome!! I've recently joined this "illustrious" group, and am VERY glad I did! smile1

How cool that your mom is so supportive of your writing, (and computer time LOL) not too even mention sharing the same MB together!! thumbsup

I look forward to reading some of your work

S
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards