Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent FDK: Their first Christmas - 12/25/07 01:02 PM
Wow, for me? Thank you! I know how busy you are, so... well, thank you! huh Pity.
Posted By: Zoar3 Re: FDK: Their first Christmas - 12/25/07 09:12 PM
Definitely warrants a sequel, Lara. Very orginal, Bakasi, good job. smile

Mona
Posted By: Mercy Re: FDK: Their first Christmas - 12/25/07 10:44 PM
Ooo--I love stories like these, the early relationship stuff that deals with Lois and her superhero crush. And this piece was so sweet! Lois really does have Clark wrapped around her finger, even if she doesn't know it. And then, just when I was about to find out what Lois does to make Superman's "first" Christmas special... the end? Surely the page loaded incorrectly. Or the internet ran out of screen space?? frown Anything but the end!

Sequel!! wildguy
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Their first Christmas - 12/26/07 04:09 AM
Beautiful, Barbara, and it's great to have you back!

This is my favorite passage from you new vignette:

“You shouldn't be alone on Christmas,” Lois said suddenly.

She didn't know why she just couldn't keep her tongue in check. What was it about Superman that she felt so drawn towards him? His powers, her mind whispered. But Lois felt that there was more to him, than that.

He looked kind of lonely. She didn't exactly like Christmas, but suddenly she couldn't stand the thought that he would spend that day alone on a cloud, or wherever he lived.
Lovely. We so often see Lois being lonely on Christmas, and Clark coming to her rescue. Those stories are lovely. But this is the first time when Lois thinks that Superman is lonely on Christmas, and she invites him to stay with her. Not primarily because she is star-struck and infatuated, but because she wants to make his Christmas a little brighter.

Lovely! Welcome back with more stories.

Ann
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Their first Christmas - 12/26/07 07:25 AM
*Applauds*
Lois showing Superman how it's done at Christmas - ahm, bad grammar, sorry. How Christmas is done. Could be an interesting: "How the Grinch showed the Novice Christmas" And Superman would have to carefully watch each step and take her to Smallville when the Christmas kitsch gets to too much even for him. *giggles evilly*

Michael
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Their first Christmas - 12/26/07 11:38 AM
Beautiful ending, as well. I love how it leaves you wanting just a few breaths more.

Elisabeth
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Their first Christmas - 12/27/07 01:47 AM
Thanks for all the nice feedback. It's great to be back with something, even if it's just a tiny piece.

Darth Micheal, you're title sounds quite promising, but I wouldn't compare Lois to the Grinch. Well, honestly I don't know exactly who this Grinch is blush I guess I'm not the person to say such a thing.

However, I'm glad you liked this one, Lara.
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK: Their first Christmas - 12/27/07 02:55 AM
Awww, what a sweet story, Barbara.

(And I still need a transporter, don't I? Darn it all.)
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards