Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: MrsMosley FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/20/07 10:26 AM
What a fun, original story! Thank you for sharing. smile
Posted By: In4Adventure Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/20/07 10:36 AM
LOL That was priceless! Loved the final line! dance laugh

Natascha
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/20/07 11:04 AM
WHAT! You aren't going to give us the details of the date with Superman! How could you be so cruel? Briliant idea! Loved it! Laura
Posted By: lcfan4ever Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/20/07 11:18 AM
Originally posted by JDG:
Thank you, Lex. Here's one promise you did keep - you've made me the happiest woman alive.
hmmm ... somehow I don't think that this was what Lex had in mind [Linked Image] thumbsup
Posted By: sweet_lil_chumpy Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/20/07 12:03 PM
What an original idea! I loved it! Way too fun. I'm so glad you posted it. Oh, and great job on the 1st person POV. laugh
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/20/07 12:06 PM
grumble Where's the rest of it? You've gotta show us the date! Pretty please?
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/20/07 05:14 PM
When I read this the first time, I was tired and stresses enough that I didn't even notice the opening paragraph:

I was standing at my kitchen counter and sorting through my mail when I saw it. Finally! I had seriously started to worry that I was being deliberately snubbed this year by the Metropolis Children's Trust. The charity bachelor auction is only a week away and I had yet to receive an invite. But here it was - better delayed than never.
Eh. The charity bachelor auction, eh? What bachelor could Lois be thinking of? laugh

[Linked Image]

"Fifty-three thousand, two hundred thirty-seven dollars and sixty-one cents."
And suddenly Lois has a lot of money..... From whom?

[Linked Image]

What can she do with that money?

"I don't want Lex's money."
Expect [Linked Image] to come up with a helpful solution....

"You can hardly give the money back to him now. Why don't you do something positive with it? Donate it to charity or something?"
Charity, charity. When did somebody last talk about charity? And why?
[Linked Image]

"Going once, going twice..." The auctioneer raps the podium and gives me a very bright smile. "Sold, for just over fifty-three thousand dollars!"

There's applause but all I can hear are my own frantic thoughts. I did it. I have a date with Superman!
Talk about putting Lex's money to good use! goofy

"Do I want to know how you arrived at such a precise amount to bid?" he asks.

"Probably not," I tell him. "It was actually Clark's idea."

"Clark told you to bid on me?" He cocks one eyebrow in cheerful disbelief.

"Not exactly," I temporize. "But it was his idea."
Yes, it was!!!!

He shakes his head in amusement. His smile has now grown wide enough that I can see a dimple in his cheek before he asks, "So when would you like to go on this date?"
Smiling Superman! Yes, I bet that's going to be a nice charity date for him!!!

[Linked Image]

clap

Ann
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/20/07 05:34 PM
You know... I can't think of anything better to do with so much money than buying a date with Superman.

...ooooh, wait. A date with Clark Kent. blush

I really loved this story - it was cute, it was funny, it brought a nice big smile to my face. smile I love those and I really hope you'll post more of them!

As silly as this is going to sound, this is one of my favorite lines:
"Stock market?" he asks.

I fish in my purse and pull out the annuity check, holding it up for his inspection. "Lex Luthor."
It's just too darn funny! laugh Even now, it's making me giggle like crazy!
Posted By: JDG Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/20/07 07:40 PM
Thank you! hyper I'm so glad I could entertain and amuse you all.
Posted By: gr8shadesofElvis Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/21/07 06:41 AM
Very cute! laugh

Way to spend your money, Lois! thumbsup
Posted By: alcyone Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/21/07 04:01 PM
I didn't see it coming! I always like that...and the Lois PoV will be the death of me. smile
Posted By: Matrix Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/22/07 12:21 PM
Ooops! Forgot to comment on this cute little vignette!

I agree with the others -- <clammors for a sequel showing the date with Superman>

Come on! You can't leave us there... well, I mean, you can... but a sequel showing the date would be awesome!

-- DJ
Posted By: Tahu Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/22/07 12:36 PM
Oh this was cute and everything I needed after a stressful day. Thanks for making me smile. I loved it. A sequel would be great. And the idea of Lois buying a date with Superman because of the money Lex gave her is great. I wish Lex could see her. thumbsup
Posted By: Laura S Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/22/07 02:09 PM
I loved that! I don't know how I missed it. It was just too funny. smile I can just see the ghost of Lex Luthor looking down and screaming. laugh That was so fun. Great job!

Laura
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/22/07 03:21 PM
I agree. This would be a much better story if we saw the ending.

I like the way she was waiting for an invitation. I like the way Superman asks Lois where she came up with the precise amount, knowing the answer in advance. I like the credit that she gives to Clark.

I like how she hasn't thought it all the way through. When she sets a time and day, it goes from being an abstract plan to a very real date.

Elisabeth
who is optimistically looking forward to more
Posted By: mervoparkite Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/22/07 05:29 PM
[Linked Image]Like those above, I'm not sure how I missed this when it was posted. . . but I'm glad I found it.

Such a wonderful story--I love that Lois not only put Lex's money to good use with a charity, but also got that date with Superman which would have REALLY ticked off Lex. [Linked Image]

As for the requests for the "date" -- as much as I love a good date this story is just perfect the way it is and doesn't NEED more to make it beter. Now, if you wanted to write a 2nd story for the NEXT check. . . That could be FUN!

Vonceil
Posted By: kmar Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/23/07 01:26 AM
Loved it especially that Lex's money would wind up buying Lois a date with Superman. The irony is priceless. The one man that Lex truly hated and wanted to keep away from Lois and he winds up paying over $50,000 for her to have one date with him. rotflol
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/23/07 12:50 PM
Great little story! I especially loved the banter between Lois and Superman - and, of course, the final line. And I wonder... what else could Lois do with her next interest? Bid on... Clark? Batman? There are so many funny possibilities.

Although... do we want her to bid on anybody after that date with Superman? laugh
Posted By: Sira Re: FDK: Interest Bearing - 08/27/07 02:54 AM
Wow, what an original and fun read!

Any chance we'll get to see that date? drool

~Sira.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards