Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: MrsMosley FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/25/07 09:40 PM
The funny thing about this particular story, Nan, is that Lois is my mother. My mom had a very similar conversation with school officals when I was in middle school (although it was about lockers, not lunches - long story) and she had the principal's head turning so fast she didn't know what hit her.
Trust Mom to scare the pants off anyone standing in her way.
Yes, exactly. Seriously, have you met my mother?

"She's as tough as Superman, and she doesn't even have super powers."
The essence of Lois Lane in one great line.

Good story, Nan!
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/25/07 10:36 PM
Trust Mom to scare the pants off anyone standing in her way.
I think it's a Mom thing. I pity anyone who tries to screw with my own mother, or even her kids who don't live with her anymore. <g>

It's nice to see another installment with these characters! Makes me want to re-read a few of the older stories. smile

JD
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/25/07 11:30 PM
Makes me think of a variation on an age-old phrase.

Hell hath no fury like the mother of a child scorned.
Posted By: ccmalo Re: FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/26/07 04:04 AM
laugh

but poor Miss Wilson - caught between "The Boss" and "The Mom".

gotta admire Lois!

had to smile at the peanut butter ending - the priority of boys, regardless of age, everywhere smile

c.
Posted By: JoMurf Re: FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/26/07 06:46 AM
Great story, Nan!

Thanks!
Posted By: SNL Re: FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/26/07 07:25 AM
Hi Nan, wave

Abolutely Brilliant - who could not back down when Mad Dog Lane is let off her leash...

Looking forward to reading more.

Regards,

Stuart
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/26/07 08:24 AM
I read the story at the other board before coming to check this one, but I'll comment here. smile

This story was a great continuation to the other. smile
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/26/07 09:26 AM
I, too, love this story. It's so unbelievably, shockingly infuriating that Marta would be punished for bringing a too-spicy sandwich to school and causing pain to the girl who stole her lunch!!! Ah, but Lois gave that criminally unfair principal what she deserved. Marta was so right here:

"I'm going to be an investigative reporter, just like Mom," Marta said. "She's as tough as Superman, and she doesn't even have super powers."
Yes!!!

Ann
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/26/07 12:37 PM
Funny bit. So, when will Marta call for Superman? laugh
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/27/07 09:10 AM
As usual, loved it.

I liked how Marta is being suspended, but the real bully is sent to self-esteem classes. dizzy Exactly how does a poor self-esteem make one into a bully? (I tend to take the little bully in my family down a notch, but that's another story. Why is it that with only two students in my kid's class, they still have to figure out a pecking order?)

I also loved the last scene. I could just picture the two boys talking with their mouths full. And I could envision Marta having visions of glory.

Nicely done.

Elisabeth
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/27/07 10:31 AM
Way too many goodvlines to quote in this one. I love Lois's approach. Wish I could be that calm about things like that.

Sigh, I remember Peanut butter and banana sandwiches...I can't eat them anymore due to my recent allergic reaction to banana products.

I love this universe (Actually, I love all of your universes wink )!

More soon please!

James
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/28/07 11:31 AM
Thanks to everyone for the nice feedback. I'll see what I can do for a third story but I'll have to wait until the inspiration hits.

Nan
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: Too Hot to Handle - 01/29/07 08:50 AM
Exactly how does a poor self-esteem make one into a bully?
They pick on people to feel better about themselves.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards