Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: MrsMosley FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/07/07 06:02 PM
Lucy would definitely be first in line to jump on the "try and snag Clark" wagon. Oh yeah. Totally.
That would be a surefire way to unsheath Lois' claws!

Lucy giggled madly as she tried to imagine her sister's face when she would find out that Clark Kent was really Batman. It was going to be absolutely *priceless*.
rotflol

This was great, Lara!
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/07/07 06:03 PM
Lucy giggled madly as she tried to imagine her sister's face when she would find out that Clark Kent was really Batman. It was going to be absolutely *priceless*.
Well, this is my favourite line. And you already included my comment: absolutely priceless! laugh thumbsup
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/07/07 06:06 PM
<giggles>

Thanks girls! I totally blame it on the fact that I watched Batman Begins again this afternoon.

That jaw line, that chin. *sigh* hehehe!
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/07/07 06:25 PM
Really great! I was totally waiting for the "he's Superman" revelation.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/07/07 06:31 PM
Batman? rotflol That's too funny!

JD
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/07/07 07:57 PM
but leave it to her to be completely blind to what was going on when she herself was at the center of it.
Yep, that’s our Lois.

he kept disappearing at the worst possible time, wore the world's most awful ties and
I must be weird… I actually liked most of his ties. (Most - not all.)

he kept disappearing at the worst possible time, wore the world's most awful ties and
It would be pretty funny if Clark ended up with Lucy wouldn’t it?

Lucy giggled madly as she tried to imagine her sister's face when she would find out that Clark Kent was really Batman.
rotflol
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/07/07 08:14 PM
Great punch line.
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/07/07 08:25 PM
Oh Lara, that was a riot!!!

Lois could solve mysteries with her eyes closed and her hands tied behind her back - she'd done it quite a few times, too, but leave it to her to be completely blind to what was going on when she herself was at the center of it.
So true...

That's when it suddenly hit her. That mouth, that jaw line, that chin. Oh yeah. Lucy was absolutely certain. There was no way she could be mistaken. Lois was really completely blind, wasn't she? Oh she would have such a shock when she found out! Lois' new work partner, the guy she kept putting down and complaining about, was a lot more than he appeared to be. Which, considering he appeared to be all that he appeared to be already, had to make him the absolute most eligible bachelor on the face of the Earth.
She's figuring it out... why can everybody figure it out except Lois? frown

Priceless indeed!!!! You are killing me, Lara!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Ann
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/07/07 09:54 PM
rotflol rotflol
That was hilarious! Lucy might not have it right, but at least she's a lot closer than Lois is to the truth!
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/07/07 10:10 PM
[Linked Image] Oh, yay! I'm so glad you guys go a kick out of that. Weee!

Thank you all, so much! sloppy
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 09:43 AM
Batman, oh Lara you so so crack me up. clap
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 12:51 PM
smile Thanks Barbara! You know, I have to admit, when I get ideas like that, I crack myself up. hehe!

I sent it off to some friends (off the boards) and it looks like I've got a revelation challenge on my hands now... I've got a few things I need to finish first, but if I manage to find another of these silly ideas, I should have a little vignette for you guys sometime soon.
Posted By: Matrix Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 01:06 PM
Lara that was way too cute. Loved it.

I, however, am in the minority with Nancy - I must have bizarre taste because I liked most of his ties. I thought some of them were "wild" but I still liked them. blush

Like everyone else, the Batman line totally caught me off guard and was so cute. Yes, very "priceless".

It was fun seeing Lucy drooling over Clark. You know she had to immediately have thought Clark was cute, even if Lois didn't - any woman who isn't blind, would <g>. She just had the decency to stay away from him until Lois could figure things out on her own. <g>

Anyway, loved it Lara!

-- DJ
Posted By: angelic_editor Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 01:18 PM
Lara, this was great!

And I know this has already been quoted, but it's so spot-on, I have to be redundant:
Lois could solve mysteries with her eyes closed and her hands tied behind her back - she'd done it quite a few times, too, but leave it to her to be completely blind to what was going on when she herself was at the center of it.
So Lois! *loves*

And Lucy's found Clark out, eh? Because clearly, he's Batman. rotflol
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 01:43 PM
You've been challenged to write a "Lois, I'm Batman" scene? All right!
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 02:00 PM
Well, ya know... I kinda like his wild ties too. Not all of them, mind you because some of them are just way too "out there" - but I think they're fun.

Those were Lois' observations, though. Not mine. My observations would have been a lot closer to Lucy's. A lot. blush

The "that chin" comment wasn't 100% original, now that I think of it... I read that in a comic book. One of the "Superman Batman" series. Bruce Wayne finds himself staring at Clark Kent, wondering where he's seen that chin. At least, I think it's Bruce who says that. Which makes it so much funnier, cause if I was going to notice someone's chin, it would be Batman's since that's all of him that's there to see.

Enough babbling...

You've been challenged to write a "Lois, I'm Batman" scene? All right!
HAHAHAHA! Nope, that wasn't it. But OMG, wouldn't that be just too funny. Kinda makes me want to write that, though... mmm... lemme think about it a bit.
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 02:20 PM
Well, I have a confession to make: I like (most of) Clark's ties, too. blush Perhaps someone should start a poll?
Posted By: SNL Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 02:31 PM
Just pure FUN!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh

Regards,

SNL
Posted By: DSDragon Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 02:47 PM
Oddly enough, I only notice Clark's ties when a fic mentions them.

And Lara, this story is a RIOT!
Posted By: carolm Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 04:49 PM
This was wonderful!!!!

Personally - I would love to this as a bit longer fic, with Lucy interacting with Clark with her new found 'knowledge' and see how that goes smile .

More!!!
CarolM
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 05:38 PM
Thank you! You guys are totally making my day. smile

This was just a 20 minute silly thing, I didn't expect to get this much feedback on it. I'm completely blown away.

Thank you so, so much!! sloppy
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 06:27 PM
And that makes three - must be the most successful challenge I've ever posted! Thanks for playing!
Posted By: Elisabeth Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 08:28 PM
With a face like Clark's, who looks at his ties?

I loved the story. Those are 20 of the best minutes of your creative life, huh?

Elisabeth
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 08:53 PM
Hey, about those ties... Jessi sent me this - totally cracked me up. I'm not sure whose website that is but it's so hilarious!

Ultimate Guide to CK\'s Ties

Some really are nice. But I swear some are seriously ugly!! (We were having this really profound discussion about one of the ties he wears in Pheromone My Lovely - we can't make out what's on it, it looks like bread. ROFL!)
Posted By: woody Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/08/07 09:03 PM
Somebody had WAAAAYYYY too much time on their hands.

They should do that for Lois outfits.
Posted By: ccmalo Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/11/07 08:04 AM
I was looking for something quick to cheer me up- and there it was!

Fun stuff - clap Nicely written, too.

Batman! laugh

Thanks, Lara.

c.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/11/07 11:52 AM
smile Thanls Carol, I'm glad you liked it!
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/11/07 05:17 PM
The tie site has been around like for ever. Isn't it great? If I'd known you didn't know about, Lara, I would have sent it to you a long time ago.
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/11/07 07:30 PM
Ah! if you had any idea of the amount of things I don't know about... *lol*
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/12/07 08:25 AM
The tie site is interesting to me because the last update record is in 1999, which, if that's accurate, means that the owner of the site has been paying for it for seven years without making any recorded changes. Not only does this person have too much time, but he or she has too much disposable income.

As for the story (the stated reason for this thread), I laughed aloud. I, too, would like to see Lucy try to hint to Lois that Clark is actualy the Caped Crusader, see Lois ignore or disregard her sister's wild imaginings, and see Clark either misunderstand or play along (maybe because he woke up one morning with a scary Calvin icon evil on his pillow.) Could you write that one for us, Lara? Please? Pretty please with strawberries and cream on top?
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/12/07 04:34 PM
My face hurts now - I was smile so much! I enjoyed the short but swell build up to Lucy meeting Clark. Isn't he just a bundle of chocolate - yum.

Isn't it true!!

The second she had walked into the bar and laid eyes on him, Lucy had understood everything.
Well put and isn't it true...where's my fan?

The ending was priceless rotflol
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/12/07 05:28 PM
I, too, would like to see Lucy try to hint to Lois that Clark is actualy the Caped Crusader, see Lois ignore or disregard her sister's wild imaginings, and see Clark either misunderstand or play along (maybe because he woke up one morning with a scary Calvin icon evil on his pillow.) Could you write that one for us, Lara? Please? Pretty please with strawberries and cream on top?
Strawberries and cream? Oooooh! You are SO on!

Give me a little bit of time to think about it and I'll give you a sequel. smile

Isn't he just a bundle of chocolate - yum.
Noooooooo kidding! Very very yum. smile
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/21/07 08:23 PM
My wife has dragged me kicking and screaming to this fic and I am so glad that she did!

My two favorite lines are these.

Lois could solve mysteries with her eyes closed and her hands tied behind her back - she'd done it quite a few times,
Boy, that ain't no lie!

I thought that was the quickest revelation until I got to this line and just about died! rotflol

James
Posted By: LaraMoon Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 01/22/07 07:28 AM
My wife has dragged me kicking and screaming to this fic and I am so glad that she did!
hehe - smart woman! wink

Glad you liked it! I'm still amazed at how much feedback I got on this little piece of nonsense that took me 20 minutes to write. I can hardly believe it. Thanks everyone!!
Posted By: htbthomas Re: FDK: A Sister Would Know - 05/26/08 05:45 AM
Hee! Even though you'd warned me it was coming... the ending was still soooo cute!

I also love how hot and bothered Lucy gets as she's watching Clark and Lois together. It's a good thing Lois does admit her feelings before Clark was really snatched up!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards