Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: kateydidnt FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/13/06 03:37 PM
Oh, I just want to bash Lois over the head right now. Gah! She's just so wound up in her pain she can't see past her own experiences. Not that it isn't believable, just...

gah!

Of course it doesn't help that she believes that Clark doesn't love her...and who's fault is that!?!? Lunkhead!

Beautiful writing!
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/13/06 04:59 PM
Awww. Another heart-breaker of a post. Poor Lois. frown I demand that all toys be fixed and put back in the box when this is over. goofy (Kidding. If you leave us all heart-broken tomorrow, that's ok, too.)

JD
wildguy
Posted By: Ultra Woman Re: FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/13/06 06:23 PM
Poor Lois is so drowned in her pain that she's unable to see past that. goofy Stubborn Clark and lunkhead Lois need to talk and be honest about their feelings. hyper

Andreia cool
Posted By: TOC Re: FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/13/06 07:45 PM
She shook her head, grabbing those feelings of longing by the collar and hurtling them into the closet in the back of her mind before slamming the door and locking it.
Definitely my favorite quote from this part. Ahh, what an image! clap

Otherwise, Lois is wavering between terrible cynicism and depresseion, because she is convinced that she isn't worthy of being loved. And Clark is so well-meaningly stubborn, thinking he mustn't declare his love for her and frighten her away (or something). Oh, what a miserable duet they are singing right now, Erin. But of course, there is a chapter left for you to fix it. smile

Ann
Posted By: MrsMosley Re: FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/13/06 08:02 PM
Nice chapter!
Posted By: symbolicangel Re: FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/13/06 08:27 PM
I very much enjoyed reading this. I'm looking forward to the conclusion.
Posted By: Matrix Re: FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/13/06 10:21 PM
Oh Erin - you had me wanting to cry right along with Lois. And I felt so sorry for Clark too because he just doesn't know what to do.

Lois loves him but thinks he only wants to be friends - and Clark loves her but thinks she can't be more than friends with him... at least for now.

If they would stop "thinking" and do a little more talking/listening... maybe they would figure these things out!

Aaargh!

ahem...

Anyway...I loved this part and I can't wait to see the conclusion tomorrow. thumbsup

-- DJ
Posted By: Sheila Re: FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/13/06 10:46 PM
Oh, Erin, that was just beautiful! Hurry with part 3! grovel
Posted By: Classicalla Re: FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/13/06 11:53 PM
Very nice, Erin.

Lois's throat tightened and tears blurred her vision. For once, she wished she could realize what that felt like--to have somebody love her so deeply, and love them just as much in return.
You lunkhead. He’s right under your nose.

She was not what he'd call a morning person.
I understand that one.

The familiar gentleness and compassion is Clark's voice wrapped around her like a warm blanket. He was there. Just like always.
Awww….
Posted By: JoMurf Re: FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/14/06 05:53 AM
How absolutely poignant! I'm really loving this, Erin, and sooo happy you're writing again!!! Can't wait to read pt 3!!!

Jo
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/14/06 07:43 AM
Yeah, what they said!

/me starts counting hours until "this afternoon"...

PJ
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/14/06 09:57 AM
Poor Lois! But you know, I detest meddlers who do things to you "for your own good". More people's lives have been made miserable by meddlers than will ever be known, so I'm glad Lois wised up before she ruined Lucy's life and made an enemy of her sister.

So Lois finally realized that maybe true love really exists. Now let's see if she realizes her true love has been right under her nose all along, if only she'd open her eyes and look ...

Looking forward for the next part!

Nan
Posted By: Capes Re: FDK: Longings of the Heart 2/3 - 12/14/06 05:09 PM
He obviously cherished her and would treat her like a princess.

For the first time in her life, she felt jealous of Lucy. Happily-ever-after didn't seem to be something that existed in real life, but at least Lucy had a man willing to try for it.
Great second part, but this was my favourite bit. I've always liked how you take normal moments out of regular lives and make them a story that connects with the reader smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards