Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: klairl Comments: Visitors for Vickie - 07/11/03 07:24 AM
Thanks to Vickie for reminding me of this old scrap of prose, with hopes that you enjoy it. blush

Thanks to ChiefPam for encouraging me to post it, and for many other kindnesses too. smile
claire
TOC -- Visitors for Vickie
Posted By: daneel Re: Comments: Visitors for Vickie - 07/11/03 07:31 AM
wave
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Comments: Visitors for Vickie - 07/11/03 10:14 AM
Yay, you posted! thumbsup

This was an extremely cute piece of fluff <g> Thanks for sharing it smile

PJ
Posted By: Saskia Re: Comments: Visitors for Vickie - 07/11/03 03:07 PM
Awww, that was sweet, Claire. A nice read before getting some sleep again. Thanks for posting this.

And happy belated birthday, Vickie.

Saskia
Posted By: LabRat Re: Comments: Visitors for Vickie - 07/12/03 01:05 AM
Very cute, Claire. smile1

Just one small thing that puzzled me a little. The last line kind of gave me the impression that it was supposed to be a surprise 'twist'. But the words trilled and preened right at the start tagged our couple as birds from the get go. So I wondered which it was? Surprise ending or you weren't trying for one?

Just curious on that one; it didn't matter when reading the story either way. But if you were trying for a surprise ending, perhaps you might want to consider changing those clues at the start.

LabRat smile
Posted By: klairl Re: Comments: Visitors for Vickie - 07/12/03 02:11 PM
Thanks so much for these comforting replies, daneel, Chief Pam, Saskia, and LabRat. Your pleasure gives me much pleasure. smile1

A special thanks to you Lab Rat, for giving the story your thought and questions. Your writing has earned my respect, and your attention is very special to me.

You have a valid complaint that the surprise ending is compromised. The simple answer is that the last sentence is not so much a surprise ending as a confirmation ending.

Simple in this case, however, is not the whole answer.

Originally, this was written when L&C were very far from being permitted any kind of union. The story is really not about who is watching, but about &#8220;union.&#8221; dizzy
Posted By: LabRat Re: Comments: Visitors for Vickie - 07/12/03 02:32 PM
Thank you for the compliment, Claire - and for the explanation of what you were aiming for, which I found fascinating. And very clever, too.

Thanks for explaining it - that's cool. Looks like you got out of it exactly what you aimed for. smile1

LabRat smile
Posted By: merry Re: Comments: Visitors for Vickie - 07/13/03 08:32 AM
Claire
very sweet and cute
merry
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Comments: Visitors for Vickie - 07/13/03 07:33 PM
Claire

A lovely story! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Comments: Visitors for Vickie - 07/15/03 02:37 PM
Hi,

Very romantic. smile1
Posted By: Vicki K Re: Comments: Visitors for Vickie - 07/16/03 04:50 PM
Claire, thanks SO much for the wonderful birthday story!! grumble

And thank you for including such lovely roses, which are definitely my favorite flowers (and while red are lovely, I much prefer other colors - how did you know? wink )

Thanks again, Claire. You made my day. smile

Vicki
Posted By: klairl Re: Comments: Visitors for Vickie - 07/22/03 01:20 PM
Oh, Vickie, thank goodness you enjoyed it! As you can tell from the dates of my postings, I completely understand not being able to visit the Boards for long periods of time! At least, you've seen it now and liked it! It was great to be able to share that story and especially the roses, thank you! Roses are so wonderful, aren't they? Thanks and you're welcome! smile1

Merry blush , Tricia W cool , and Maria smile , thank you so much for your kind support. You are very encouraging!

claire
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards