Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: LabRat The View - Comments - 07/07/03 10:59 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwww, Alicia - I came in briefly from a crowded afternoon of beta-reading and some Archive work, looking for something to unwind with, and this was the perfect thing to read while taking a short break. Thank you!

Sweet, waffy - I'd guessed that he was looking at Lois, but that was all, so the ending was a cute surprise - and the prose and descriptions of all those views he'd seen during his life were beautifully written.

thumbsup

LabRat smile (now going back to work with a smile on her face...)
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: The View - Comments - 07/07/03 11:07 AM
Oh, this is great, Alicia! I liked taking the "scenic route" through Clark's life smile You had some great descriptive prose in there. And the ending was so very sweet.

PJ
Posted By: Blayne Re: The View - Comments - 07/07/03 11:20 AM
Very sweet little story! I loved it! Well keep up the great work!
Posted By: Meni Re: The View - Comments - 07/07/03 11:40 AM
Awwwwwwwwwwww... it's a sweet little story

I loved it

Meni sloppy
Posted By: Helga Re: The View - Comments - 07/07/03 12:31 PM
Not wishing to buck a trend....

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, Alica!

That was fantastic, the descriptions were wonderful. smile

Thank you,

Helga
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: The View - Comments - 07/07/03 12:53 PM
Hi,

Cute story. smile1
Posted By: Caroline McKenna Re: The View - Comments - 07/07/03 01:20 PM
I'll go along with the rest of them. <g>

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Your prose was gorgeous! I could picture each scene in my head, and the ending was just. awwwwwwwwwww

Caroline
Posted By: BarbP Re: The View - Comments - 07/07/03 01:28 PM
I also guessed that the view was Lois--the little girls were a wonderfully beautiful added touch.

So very nicely written.

Barb.
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: The View - Comments - 07/07/03 04:00 PM
Very cute!! thumbsup

See you soon.
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: klairl Re: The View - Comments - 07/07/03 05:56 PM
Great fun, Alicia! thumbsup

The ending was of course...Awwwwwwww
Thanks, clap
claire
Posted By: daneel Re: The View - Comments - 07/07/03 11:45 PM
Wonderful! wave
Posted By: TriciaW Re: The View - Comments - 07/08/03 12:19 AM
Alicia

What a wonderful story! smile1

Thanks for sharing this lovely vignette!

Tricia cool
Posted By: Xanabee Re: The View - Comments - 07/08/03 10:14 AM
AAAAAAAWWWWW from me too, Alicia!

This was simply wonderful. So WAFFy! drool

Ursie
Posted By: LoisLaneWannaBe Re: The View - Comments - 07/08/03 03:15 PM
Waffy, sweet and ditto to all the above smile

I love that song by Lonestar. If you have ever seen the music video for it different people are looking from the "front porch in" and they see what means most to them inside whether it be a spouse or family. Everytime I hear of it I think "Yeah, that relates to L&C" So great job and write more. Your work is superb. smile
Posted By: IsisLnC Re: The View - Comments - 07/08/03 07:52 PM
I absolutely love this little vignette!

A day or so ago I was wandering on Yahoo's Launch Music Videos & Lonestar's video for "My Front Porch Looking In" is there!

Lonestar
Posted By: merry Re: The View - Comments - 07/09/03 02:03 PM
Alicia,
ditto others
waffy and sweet
merry
Posted By: KathyB Re: The View - Comments - 07/09/03 03:40 PM
Aww, very sweet, Alicia. I like it. And a great tag line at the end, about the view being inward, not outward. smile

One question, though:

A carrot-top who could barely walk dangling a sippy cup of milk. A little blue-eyed blonde,
Very sweet ... are you assuming adoption or two cases of recessive genes popping up in your descriptions of the girls? I can see Clark having some red hair in his background due to the brief glimse we got of his biological mother, but I know I'd be surprised if Lois gave birth to a blue eyed blonde with as dark as her and Clark's coloring is. smile

Very nice vignette, though. smile

Kathy
Posted By: rivka Re: The View - Comments - 07/09/03 03:45 PM
Actually, the odds of two brown-haired people, each of whom had a parent who was NOT brown-haired, producing a blonde and a red-head are not that bad.

I bet I can find pictures of some real-life cases, if you like. wink

Edit: OOOPS! Bad rivka! I forgot to comment on the actual fic! eek I really liked it! laugh So sweet . . . <happy sigh>
Posted By: MissyG Re: The View - Comments - 07/10/03 07:45 AM
Very nice, Alicia!!

I heard the song yesterday and it gave me a smile to picture Clark thinking about Lois and girls!!

Just lovely! smile1

Missy
Posted By: Saskia Re: The View - Comments - 07/10/03 08:02 AM
Awwww, that was very sweet, Alicia. And the Eifel Tower is really something special (having seen it recently <G>), so the comparison from Clark there is great.

Saskia
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: The View - Comments - 07/11/03 12:08 PM
Wow, thanks, LabRat, Pam, Blayne, Meni, Helga, Maria, Caroline, Barb, Anna, Claire, Jose, Tricia, Ursie, LoisLaneWannaBe, Isislnc, Merry, Kathy, Rivka, Missy, and Saskia.

I never thought this litte story would get such a response. It was an idea that I had when Annie and I were talking about the songs we like smile .

I love that song by Lonestar. If you have ever seen the music video for it different people are looking from the "front porch in" and they see what means most to them inside whether it be a spouse or family. Everytime I hear of it I think "Yeah, that relates to L&C"
Yeah, that was my exact reaction to the song smile . I hadn't seen the video because sometimes I forget that I have CMT (when I was at school, we didn't get CMT). Thanks for the link to the video, isislnc smile smile . I really loved it!

I am so glad you all liked the discriptions of the different scenic views Clark has seen in his life. It was a little hard for me because, since I don't fly, I've never been farther west than Chicago, farther east than the Atlantic Ocean, farther south than Florida or farther north than Toronto ie places I can drive to in <24 hours wink . So I relied on my reactions to pictures to write this story.

I am also glad that the ending was a bit of a surprise. For those that knew the song, maybe it wasn't exactly a surprise <g>.

are you assuming adoption or two cases of recessive genes popping up in your descriptions of the girls?
As I said on IRC, I purposely left that up to the readers to decide. I did have a thought on the subject, and I was leaning towards adoption, but I didn't want to push that thought on anyone. While *yes* it is *possible* for Lois and Clark to have a blonde haired child (Ellen was blonde IIRC) or a red-haird child (I believe Lara was red-haired), I think it's highly unlikely and even though I believe hair and eye color is a case of incomplete dominance (it's been a while since I took genetics), it is unlikely. Plus we really know almost nothing about Kryptonian genetics. However, I like to believe that they are very similiar to human genetics or else they wouldn't be able to mate at all.

But, as Rivka said, I do know someone whose parents were very dark (stereotypical Eastern European Jewish, actually, dark hair, dark eyes), who is blonde haired with blue eyes (actually people tell her she looks aryian). And her sister is exactly the same -- blonde hair blue eyes. So, it is *possible*.

So, I leave the decision of whether the children were adopted or actually Lois and Clark's biological children up to the reader. laugh

I am thinking about possibly writing sort of a companion piece from Lois's point of view, so watch for it smile .

- Alicia smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards