Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/20/06 05:40 PM
Well, let me know what you think!
Posted By: Sheila Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/20/06 06:01 PM
This is just so sad. I want so badly for the two of them to find happiness. Please bring a happy ending to this. hail
Posted By: groobie Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/20/06 06:52 PM
Oh, this was fabulous! We're finally getting some answers and understanding how this alternate reality came to be. I can feel how much Lois' soul has been crushed by these events in her past. I can manage several more chapters of angst, but have to agree that there ultimately must be some happiness to the ending! thumbsup Susan
Posted By: Cristina Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/20/06 06:56 PM
This story is simply incredible! You're doing an amazing job with it. When I read part 1 and got a glimpse at the scenario you were setting, I didn't think I'd keep reading. But somewhere along the way, you got me hooked.
notworthy
Soon is not soon enough to read a new part wink

Looking forward to more!
Posted By: noorie Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/20/06 09:30 PM
This is really a very engrossing story. I can't wait for new parts! I'd also love to see some background on what, exactly, General Cash did (I keep thinking X-Men, but that may be because the movie was just on TV), how Luthor got to be President, what happened during the invasion, etc. In the meantime, though, you're doling it out in exactly the right amounts.
Posted By: TOC Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/20/06 09:45 PM
This is totally captivating. I was glad to hear that Lois wasn't just ushered into office when Lex died, because it makes the future U.S.A. look less like a banana republic.

But.... the campaign Lois had to endure was gruelling. And I can easily see that some of the compromises she had to make were horrible. The worst of them - rejecting Clark - was so bad it could have broken her. Maybe it did, in a way.

Well, the war with the Kryptonians is over. But some of them are posing as humans, hiding in plain sight, and might easily be plotting to take over the Earth again. If they manage to kill Clark or take away his powers permanently, nothing will stand in their way. No wonder people are paranoid about Kryptonians. And somehow, Clark did bring the Kryptonians to the Earth, by running them from their own planet.

Please keep this wonderful story coming.

Ann
Posted By: Onaleia Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/20/06 11:19 PM
In a word: wow. hail
Posted By: Incognito Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/21/06 03:28 AM
Most of this chapter was painful and heartbreaking to read. I felt almost physically ill at the thought of what both of them had to go through.

So I thank you for the ending, which pulled me up somewhat.

Superb writing, Shayne. This story has me under its thrall.
Posted By: Ank. K. S. Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/21/06 06:11 AM
marvellous... smile1

i also like how you depict lex as selfishly evil but not completely bad. there is gray in him.
Posted By: angelic_editor Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/21/06 08:46 AM
Shayne, this is such a heart-rending, superbly written story.

This, in particular, just got me right *there*:
He could have been a king among his people, but he’d given it all up for a world that didn’t want him.

For a woman who couldn’t admit that she did.
That's Clark, in two poignant sentences.

Thanks for sharing your story with us on the boards, and please keep spoiling us with your frequent posts!
Posted By: daneel Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/21/06 10:22 AM
Sad but awesome story Shayne!! hyper
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/21/06 04:21 PM
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Aliens hiding in plain sight. Clark could see how that would frighten people, keep them looking over their shoulder. The thought that your neighbor, or the punk kid on the subway could burn you to death by just looking at you...it would terrify anyone.
eek This part explain alot.

confused What happen with the Kent's at the end?

More ASAP, please.

MAF thumbsup
Posted By: Mister Data Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/22/06 11:06 AM
Still reading this.

Quite good story.

Slowly all the details are coming out.

Can't wait to see how Utopia fits into this, if it can.

James
Posted By: jackiek Re: Comments: Nocturne (6/?) - 03/22/06 06:35 PM
So sad whinging but loving it!

Jackie
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards