Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: 90stvfangirl FDK: Suits 1/1 - 01/26/24 06:12 AM
Story here hyper
Should she have put two and two together a bit quicker? smile
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Suits 1/1 - 01/26/24 06:29 AM
Nice twist. Though I'm not sure the fallout would have been beneficial for Clark. Anyway, great fun. Thanks.
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Suits 1/1 - 01/26/24 02:50 PM
Fun twist, but there's one little problem: in the header for this fic, you mistakenly labelled it /1 instead the actual number of chapters. This puts the whole series on its head, you know?
Posted By: CarrieRene Re: FDK: Suits 1/1 - 01/26/24 04:28 PM
I loved it. Could have solved a lot of problems with S1 & S2 if it was done this way. Great job.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Suits 1/1 - 01/27/24 06:03 PM
This was hilarious! For a moment there I thought Lois was going to faint, wake up and wonder if it was all a dream. Great little story!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Suits 1/1 - 01/28/24 03:16 PM
Hi 90stvfangirl!
< > = Lois attempting telepathy
Oh that’s cute!

She closed her eyes and concentrated. <Oh god, oh god, Superman, please!> She begged inwardly, hoping for the first time that Superman was indeed telepathic and could hear her silent cries for help.
Oh, now it’s a good thing?

LOIS: Well, I don’t need him to listen to my thoughts about him in the shower.

Then her body collided with something solid.
Eeep! Did you ever see the Big Bang Theory episode on how Superman catching Lois mid-tumble would slice her in half?

And wow, could she scream! He almost grinned to himself as he sped up. I’m coming Lois, he thought.
That’s an adorable remark! And will Lois hear him?

Lois opened her eyes to find herself staring into the concerned face of Clark Kent, who had his arms tight around her waist.
shock

They were still in the sky! How was this possible? She looked down past their dangling legs and breathed a sigh of relief that she was no longer hurtling toward the earth below.
It’s ‘cause Clark’s a tad full of hot air, thus able to float.

“We’re flying,” Clark corrected her with a chuckle.

Her breath hitched. “How?”

“I forgot to change into my suit,” he mumbled, shaking his head and giving her a dopey smile.
He’s only able to fly if he’s not wearing his suit!

National Whisper: Superman says he can only fly while naked.

“But… Clark, I don’t understand.” She was so confused.
Brain damage. He caught her too roughly.

But Superman— Clark — would he survive?
Depends on the type of radioactive material used in constructing the warhead.

She rushed around the room, closed all the blinds, then turned to her partner.

They had a lot to talk about.

The end
She’s adorable clap

What a fun little twist! Clark’s got a lot of learning to do. Only, now he will probably have a teacher. Wait, does that mean The Graduate will be a sequel to The Suit?

Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
but there's one little problem: in the header for this fic, you mistakenly labelled it /1 instead the actual number of chapters.
laugh

wave Michael
Posted By: JadedEvie Re: FDK: Suits 1/1 - 01/30/24 06:09 AM
This was such a fun re-visit of this scene!

< > = Lois attempting telepathy laugh
This is so funny! I love it already!

I’m coming Lois, he thought.
Awww, this is a sweet moment.

She must have passed out for a moment because when she came to, she felt a little winded but otherwise alright.
This is such a fun addition! I don't know how she didn't pass out in the original episode. I would have blacked out halfway down!

How the hell was Clark doing this? Why wasn’t she… splattered on a pavement somewhere?
This really sounds like Lois!

“I forgot to change into my suit,” he mumbled, shaking his head and giving her a dopey smile.
Aww, poor Clark!

But Superman— Clark — would he survive?
She hoped.
Oh god, he had to be okay!
The reveal really ramps up the tension of this moment!

“Hey, everybody, Clark’s alive!” She squealed into his neck. “If Clark’s alive, that means Superman’s alive!
Awww, this is a sweeter moment after the reveal, too!

They had a lot to talk about.
Great callback!
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Suits 1/1 - 02/03/24 04:34 PM
Cool little what-if, though now I want to see what happens next!
And the use of Lois' statement of 'If Clark's alive, that means Superman's alive,' was great. grin
I wonder how this woukd have changed things. confused
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK: Suits 1/1 - 02/10/24 12:41 AM
Her head snapped up to look at him. “What’s happening?” she asked him. “How are you doing this? We’re… floating.”

“We’re flying,” Clark corrected her with a chuckle.

Her breath hitched. “How?”

EEEEEEE!!! OMG I love this! I love that he corrects her and then with that dopey "I forgot" ... I'm smiling so huge right now!

Oh, what a great little story!! (Though I'm almost inclined to agree with Mary/Queenie in that there seems to be an error in the number of parts you've promised... wink)

Sara smile
Posted By: Songbird Re: FDK: Suits 1/1 - 03/05/24 10:24 PM
This was fun with a nice twist. I hope you write a sequel. Thanks!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards