Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: bakasi FDK: Down The Yellow Brick Road - 05/12/23 04:16 AM
Let me know what you think.
Posted By: Ailujecarg Re: FDK: Down The Yellow Brick Road - 05/12/23 01:13 PM
Yay! Lois and Martha meet! Looking forward to the corn festival now smile Can't wait for the next installment!
Posted By: SuperBek Re: FDK: Down The Yellow Brick Road - 05/12/23 01:19 PM
Awwww -- the interaction between Lois and Martha is perfect! love

I do wonder whether/how Clark will manage to attend the corn festival -- that's a lot of people to be around, and if MagiKal ends up showing up in Smallville, that might be difficult to explain away! eek

I hope they are able to figure things out for Clark quickly (and...ack...I'm scared of all those glowing green rocks that are surely around...).

Love hearing Lois's growing feelings for Clark...! love

Looking forward to next week!!

-Bek
hyper
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Down The Yellow Brick Road - 05/12/23 01:28 PM
party
Yay, they're in Smallville!
And Lois meeting Martha was perfect!
I can't wait for them to get to the bottom of Clark’s troubles! I hope Lois can work some more of HER magic sloppy
Looking forward to more.
Posted By: Songbird Re: FDK: Down The Yellow Brick Road - 05/12/23 04:40 PM
Thanks for another terrific chapter! The meeting between Lois and Martha was perfect. Martha mentioned the corn festival. I wonder if Clark will be able to attend. Maybe they’ll resolve his problem before it starts. The ending had me smiling too! Like always, I’m looking forward to next Friday. I love this universe!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Down The Yellow Brick Road - 05/12/23 06:56 PM
Bakasi:

The time has come for me to get into this series. thumbsup
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Down The Yellow Brick Road - 05/13/23 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by Super Bek
I do wonder whether/how Clark will manage to attend the corn festival -- that's a lot of people to be around, and if MagiKal ends up showing up in Smallville, that might be difficult to explain away! eek

MagiKal at the corn festival is indeed an interesting thought. But I have something else in mind. peep

Originally Posted by Morgana
The time has come for me to get into this series. thumbsup

You're joining just when it's about to get interesting. dance

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. party
*Squeeeeee!* This is getting heart-melty. I'm so looking forward to seeing what they can discover! laugh
I really, really like these little linked ficlets, Barbara. They're cute, tense, romantic, touching, and altogether too short, even though they each give us a complete moment in the lives of Lois and Clark.

Here's my favorite line from this one.

Clark’s mother, it seemed, possessed her own kind of magic.

That may be the most concise and accurate description of Martha I've ever read. Makes me jealous for not having written it myself.

I can't wait to find out what Clark and Lois find out about the cause of the hiccups. I still have my pet theory, so we'll see how in tune I am with your thoughts soon (I hope!).

Keep them coming!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Down The Yellow Brick Road - 05/14/23 09:26 AM
Hi Barbara!
Down The Yellow Brick Road
Something to do with meeting a witch?

Lois pulled her suitcase off the luggage belt and took a deep breath.
Oooooohhhhh…
[Linked Image]

Four rounds on the luggage belt were far more than she could reasonably explain anyway.
laugh she could claim that she fell into a nest of airport drug smugglers.

Now here she was, barging in on their lives, a reporter who knew details about their son that most journalists would be dying to print.
NUNK: An alien that looks like a human man? Did he at least probe you? No? Pass. Next!

Clark had decided to walk the distance.
Oh boy. No wonder Martha’s not happy. His boy got one smile from the woman and four years of saved up college money is down the drain and he becomes a vagabond.

. “I’m Martha. Clark never mentioned how pretty you are. Thank you so much for bringing him back home.”
laugh

You wouldn’t believe how much Clark and his father can eat.”
Awww. Cute!

. “That boy is stubborn as a mule.
So, immovable object, meet irresistible force.

Somehow you convinced him to try and find out what happened to him, which is more than I ever accomplished.
/Draws coke-bottle shape in the air with hands

“We’re holding the annual corn festival. It’ll be fun.”
Oooh, they’re gonna meet the town cross dresser and the ex girlfriend!

Lois had the strangest feeling that a whirlwind had picked her up and carried her toward the land of Oz.
/points at title/

As Clark’s eyes met Lois’, his lips twitched into the brightest smile she’d ever seen. It made her insides melt.
Oh no, he’s hickupping all over Lois!
/Inserts Ark of Covenant scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark/

Lois desperately hoped that once he was free, he would return her feelings. She no longer wanted to imagine her life without him in it.
Awwww…free-spirited Lois is adorable!

And now I’m looking forward to next Friday. Or how they call it in Smallville – the Husk-Off!

wave Michael
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK: Down The Yellow Brick Road - 05/14/23 09:34 PM
OMG I love this part! ALL THE FEELS! Gahhh…there’s always something so magical (no pun intended lol) about when Martha and Lois are together, and you nailed the feelings and characterization so wonderfully!

Is it Friday yet??

Sara smile
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Down The Yellow Brick Road - 05/15/23 08:34 AM
Thanks KSaraSara, Queen of the Capes, DarthMichael and Terry.

No it's not Friday yet. But I hope you'll find the next installment worth the wait. Lois and Clark are definitely making some progress, though maybe not quite in the way you're expecting
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards