Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: bakasi FDK: Truths and Illusions - 04/14/23 06:36 AM
Let me know what you think.

Truths and Illusions
Posted By: Blueowl Re: FDK: Truths and Illusions - 04/14/23 11:22 AM
So awesome ^_^
And I really hope they find a solution to Clark’s power issues eventually. It's so sad mecry
Glad he has Lois now. Maybe even the smart kids will be able to help him wink. And I'm glad MagicKal showed up.

Looking forward to more.
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Truths and Illusions - 04/15/23 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Blueowl
And I really hope they find a solution to Clark’s power issues eventually. It's so sad

They will solve the problem, but it might take a few more weeks. I have kind of a plan. I wouldn't leave this unresolved. Else I'm going to find a couple of these guys wildguy wildguy wildguy on my doorstep, I suppose
Posted By: Kathryn84 Re: FDK: Truths and Illusions - 04/15/23 10:01 PM
It is a great story, I am so glad I could help you.

Poor Clark, I assume he has kept his distance to everyone in this universe… no one should have to live like that, hopefully Lois will be able to help him, not only with his power issues.
At least he has Houdini to keep him company.
Posted By: Toomi8 Re: FDK: Truths and Illusions - 04/16/23 04:41 AM
Awwww. Loving every chapter and its wonderful to see the story evolve and grow!
Posted By: Songbird Re: FDK: Truths and Illusions - 04/16/23 05:07 AM
Thanks for another wonderful chapter! Clark has lead a lonely life. I hope Clark and Lois can find a solution to Clark’s power surges. Houdini is the best! I can’t wait for next Friday! Thank you!
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: Truths and Illusions - 04/16/23 08:00 PM
Thanks for your feedback, Kathryn, Toomi and Songbird. So glad you're liking Houdini and MagiKal
Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK: Truths and Illusions - 04/17/23 04:07 AM
Ahhhh! All those feels for Lois!! I love that she aches for him, for his pain and his solitude. mecry
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Truths and Illusions - 04/18/23 06:37 PM
Hi Barbara!
A huge thank you to Kathryn84 who helped me past a writer's block.
party

"You think she's going to talk to us because what - Houdini is so cute?"
Babies and dogs, the secret weapons of The Hottest Team in Town!

“It’s worth a try,” Lois insisted. "Maybe your dog might help to weaken her defenses.” She went on and, looking over her shoulder, she asked. “Are you coming or not?
She’s adorable!

How did you even get her mother to grant you custody of her daughter? Does the woman know you at all?”
Pah, details!
LOIS: We’re both good friends with Benjamin.

With Houdini’s assistance, the girl would be putty in their hands. Lois pursed her lips. “Who said this was a trap?”
/cocks eyebrow/

Lois hated having to leave Clark out on the street as if he, too, was a dog who wasn’t allowed inside.
Afraid he might chase off after some blonde?

His magic was simply amazing, but it came with an awfully tight set of rules.
clap

Lois' gaze drifted toward the bench where Clark was supposed to be waiting for her. It was empty.
That’s why you always tie the leash to the post.

Aymee's angry voice pulled her out of her musings. “Why are you taking care of me? I don’t even know you!”
Hush! Ye goin’ ta fetch me a nice price on the market, lil missy!

The girl had her arms crossed in front of her chest and was staring daggers at Lois. Lois drew a slow breath, trying her best not to feel intimidated.
I do sense a bit of Lois there.

Aymee's lips curled in contempt. "He must have trained him well, then. I wonder what kind of training would make a dog this obedient."
Going by Clark example, being adorable yet a pain in the chump.
CLARK: Hey, I’m not a dog!
LOIS: Hey, I’m not a pain in the chump!

MagiKal gave her one of his amazing smiles. "And what would you like to know, Aymee?" The girl gasped. “You know my name?”
He’s like Santa Claus!

MagiKal rubbed the back of his neck. "You think defying gravity is what makes you free? I'm not so sure about that."
Inmates would disagree.

”And yet I chose not to,” MagiKal replied softly. “Why do you think that is?”
Monephobia?

I wonder what makes him so sad?"
He’s a Pagliacci.

Lois couldn't help but smile for real this time. "Oh, you will like him. Clark truly is one of a kind."
clap

Get Smart Kids adaption!

wave Michael
Posted By: PuffyTiger Re: FDK: Truths and Illusions - 04/19/23 02:38 PM
Haha, she's going to talk to them because Houdini is so cute! I loved that line.

And I loved how you were able to bring 'superman' into the conversation like he was in cannon. It's definitely hard being 'special'.
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK: Truths and Illusions - 04/23/23 09:47 PM
I just caught up with this series, and the entire thing is utterly delightful! What a clever, creative, unique idea. I swear, even after all these years, people are still coming up with fresh angles on our favorite couple -- a testament to how clever and creative FoLCs are!

I love the plot of Lois figuring out Clark's secret in S1, and how she is (gently) pursuing him as opposed to in reverse. When he's not in the newsroom, he's less of a threat, and the vulnerability this Clark shows definitely tugs on Lois's heart strings. And of course, who could possibly resist Houdini? smile

I'm looking forward to more as you post future chapters!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards