Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: bakasi FDK: There Is No Such Thing As Magic - 11/25/22 10:15 PM
Tell me what you think
Posted By: SuperBek Re: FDK: There Is No Such Thing As Magic - 11/25/22 10:28 PM
Yay to more ficlets!!

I LOVE this premise and could see it growing into a much longer story...! smile1

My favorite line is this one:

Originally Posted by bakasi
Lois heaved a sigh. "Look, there's nothing to investigate about a masked guy who's performing some good tricks and calls himself 'Magi-Kal'. What am I supposed to find out? Why he can't properly spell the word magical?"

This is just so Lois, totally on point!

clap

-Bek

Posted By: KSaraSara Re: FDK: There Is No Such Thing As Magic - 11/26/22 03:22 AM
Haha!! This was GREAT!! And I totally had the same line copied to my clipboard to paste for feedback, but Bek beat me to it! lol Best line ever!!! notworthy

Thanks for joining Ficlet Friday!! laugh

Sara smile
Posted By: PuffyTiger Re: FDK: There Is No Such Thing As Magic - 11/26/22 05:25 AM
Magi-Kal. So clever, I love it!

And I loved the bit about her feeling a twinge of guilt about her plant. That poor thing...

Also, wow! More please!?
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: There Is No Such Thing As Magic - 11/26/22 08:53 AM
Thanks guys. So glad you're liking this. I might have one or two other short stories up my sleeve that will take place in this AU. Now I just need to be prepared for next Friday. wink Thanks for the lovely feedback
Posted By: CarrieRene Re: FDK: There Is No Such Thing As Magic - 11/26/22 02:24 PM
A magician that looks like him, I would totally be there. And I could see her really trying to figure it out. Love it.
Ooh, this demands a sequel! clap
Posted By: bakasi Re: FDK: There Is No Such Thing As Magic - 11/27/22 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Ooh, this demands a sequel! clap

I'll see what the muse can do about that. laugh

Hi Barbara!

You're not honestly expecting me to chase a story that's something for Cat or the tabloids, are you?"
That’s wonderfully offensive (to Cat)!

He's the real thing. I saw him fly for Heaven's sake. There were no strings. And he froze a rose solid while he spun on his heels."
Is that an alt-u with the Supenduous Chuck?

and calls himself 'Magi-Kal'.
Oooh, that’s a great name!

The plant's already withered leaves seemed to look even more sorry than they had before. Lois felt a pang of guilt.
If the Daily Planet assistant staff unionized, that plant will lead the charge.

Lois couldn't help but smile as she watched her giddy friend. "So, he's good. Doesn't mean that the laws of nature don't apply to him. What did Perry tell you?"
I wonder if they have started to use electro magnets to float by now?

Lois frowned. "This is not some elaborate scheme to get a date with me, is it?"
laugh

Lois shook her head. "In your dreams, Olsen. In your dreams."
Oh, that’s a fun alt-u premise indeed!

wave Michael
Posted By: Penny_Lane Re: FDK: There Is No Such Thing As Magic - 11/27/22 08:18 PM
Very clever Bakasi! Looking forward to the sequel.
Ooookay I just discovered this and I'm super intrigued!! I love your premise!! Great work with both Lois and Jimmy!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards