Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: folc4evernaday FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 05/17/19 04:09 AM
[Linked Image]

As a birthday present for NostalgiaKick, I decided to write a Prequel to The Nature of Favors. A Lucifer / Lois and Clark crossover.

[Linked Image]

FDK appreciated as always and don't forget to wish Feli a happy birthday over and over and over again. hyper

Fic
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 05/17/19 04:25 AM
Awwwww, thank you!!! I love it!
Posted By: Endelda Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 05/17/19 04:37 AM
Awesome story, I was happy to help (even though you barely needed it)!

Happy birthday to my favorite Australian lady, and many happy returns! [Linked Image]
Great prequel, V!

And Feli: Happy Birthday!!! party
Posted By: JellyS2 Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 05/17/19 08:58 PM
Fantastic! I was wondering what that favor was. Happy Birthday, Feli!
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 05/18/19 01:29 AM
Awesome! Happy birthday Feli!
Posted By: LadyTpower Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 05/18/19 07:00 PM
Have a devilish Super Bday, Feli with this awesome fic
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 05/19/19 12:01 PM
Thank you so much everyone! <3
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 05/19/19 05:51 PM
Happy birthday Feli! You do a nice job mixing these worlds.
Brr! This is truly a chilling story. Lucifer is at his deal-making best here, and Lex is so greedy and just a little desperate that he makes a deal with the Devil - quite literally. Either he didn't realize the extent of his surrender or he thinks he can weasel out of the deal before he has to pay up. This dovetails with The Nature of Favors very well, and it shows the character of both participants quite nicely.

spider This will have to stand in for a frightened and shivering emoji. I hope I'm never tempted to that extent.

Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/07/19 04:16 AM
Finally getting a chance to come up for air from fic writing and I loved it! Feli, E, and now you have nicely managed to create a prefect little crossover universe. And even though I'm not a member of the Lucifer fandom, I've enjoyed watching you three weave your tails together. Nicely done!

I wonder how much of Lex is arrogant enough to think he's going to pull one over on the Devil, of all people?
Posted By: Endelda Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/07/19 03:52 PM
I wonder how much of Lex is arrogant enough to think he's going to pull one over on the Devil, of all people?

Knowing Lex, I'm comfortable betting on 100% goofy
In reference to the pocket universe created for Lucifer and L&C, DC wrote:

...I've enjoyed watching you three weave your tails together.

Tails? Are the authors really geckos masquerading as humans? (jk! I know DC really meant "tales.")

Posted By: Endelda Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/08/19 12:47 AM
shhhh! *scratches her darned itchy human suit*
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/08/19 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood

Tails? Are the authors really geckos masquerading as humans? (jk! I know DC really meant "tales.")

Egads! I've blown their cover now! spider
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/10/19 03:23 PM
Hi Valerie!

The suit would have to be taken in. Try as he might with the tailor he couldn’t seem to get it right. Being the ripe young age of fourteen didn’t help matters, but surely a simple adjustment to his father’s suits wasn’t too much to ask for.
Maybe he needs to change his tailor? And possibly repurpose his tailor? I hear skinsuits are all envogue in the North these days.

The accident had been investigated to death. Why couldn’t they just close the case?
Maybe they suspect some foul play to have played a role?

“Temper, temper, Alexander.” Lucifer scolded,
clap

“A quick transfer out of town to rustle up some feathers should do the trick. Which one do you want, sent packing, hmm?”
clap I *was* wondering what you where up to with John Decker.

Lucifer leaned in and whispered, “Don’t cross me, Lex. A deal with the devil isn’t something you want to break.”
Hmm…Luci never did get to collect his favor. Unless he worked to do Clark a solid by having Lex court Lois so she would realize it is Clark she wants…

I did not read the comments before writing above remarks about the skin suit! Also, human suits need to be cleaned regularly to keep them from becoming itchy. It's written right there on the little owner's leaflet tacked to the left zipper.

wave Michael
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/14/19 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Awwwww, thank you!!! I love it!

Happy Birthday Feli. So glad you enjoyed your gift. smile
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/14/19 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Endelda
Awesome story, I was happy to help (even though you barely needed it)!

Happy birthday to my favorite Australian lady, and many happy returns! [Linked Image]

Aww, E, you're sweet but you were an immense help.

Thanks for helping me surprise Feli!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/14/19 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Great prequel, V!

And Feli: Happy Birthday!!! party

Thanks Queenie!

So glad you liked it! clap
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/14/19 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by JellyS2
Fantastic! I was wondering what that favor was. Happy Birthday, Feli!

Thanks JellyS2!

I figured it wouldn't be a huge stretch to have Lucifer be the reason Lex Luthor got as far as he did at such a young age. Glad you enjoyed it.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/15/19 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by jackiek
Awesome! Happy birthday Feli!

Thanks jackiek!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/15/19 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by LadyTpower
Have a devilish Super Bday, Feli with this awesome fic

Thanks LadyT! wave
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/15/19 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by scifiJoan
Happy birthday Feli! You do a nice job mixing these worlds.

Thanks so much scifiJoan!

Glad you enjoyed it.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/15/19 12:20 AM
Brr! This is truly a chilling story. Lucifer is at his deal-making best here, and Lex is so greedy and just a little desperate that he makes a deal with the Devil - quite literally. Either he didn't realize the extent of his surrender or he thinks he can weasel out of the deal before he has to pay up. This dovetails with The Nature of Favors very well, and it shows the character of both participants quite nicely.

spider This will have to stand in for a frightened and shivering emoji. I hope I'm never tempted to that extent.

Hey Terry!

So glad you enjoyed this walk on the evil and devilishly dark side. I did my best to keep Lucifer on point and in character here with how Endelda and NostalgiaKick had written him in City of Fallen Angels and The Nature of Favors. Had to do the series justice if I was going to tag a fic on it and all that. I'm so glad it came across.

I had to come up with a situation where Lex would be desperate enough to make a deal he shouldn't have. Given how educated and resourceful he was I figured the only time this would prove opportune would be when he did the unthinkable when claiming control of Lex...erm, I mean, LuthorCorp. wink

I think Lex really thought he could weasel out of this deal he made with the devil but as we all know from the previous fics, there's no backing out of a deal with the devil.

Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/15/19 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Finally getting a chance to come up for air from fic writing and I loved it! Feli, E, and now you have nicely managed to create a prefect little crossover universe. And even though I'm not a member of the Lucifer fandom, I've enjoyed watching you three weave your tails together. Nicely done!

Hey Vicki! wave

So glad you took the time to read this one. I know it's not your usual type of fic what with Clark not being tortured at all, but you know I had to give him a break sometime. evil Especially considering how badly you raked him over the coals in your last fic. rotflol

In all seriousness, thanks for reading. Glad you liked it.

Checks behind her for tail

Tail?

grin hyper

Checks zipper on itchy human suit

smile1
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/15/19 12:56 AM

Knowing Lex, I'm comfortable betting on 100% goofy

Well, he is Lex Luthor. Conceited, arrogant, and self-assured are just a few words to describe him.

Honorable is not one of those though.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/15/19 12:58 AM

rotflol
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/15/19 01:28 AM

Shh! E, you're not supposed to say anything. lol
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/15/19 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

//cracks whip// You know what this means, don't you?

Clark: Wait! How am I supposed to get out of this Kryptonite cell without her?

Fiiiiiinnnnnneeee. But no ice cream with your torture. razz

Egads! I've blown their cover now! spider
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Devil in the Details (1/1) - 06/15/19 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Valerie!

Hey Michael wave

The suit would have to be taken in. Try as he might with the tailor he couldn’t seem to get it right. Being the ripe young age of fourteen didn’t help matters, but surely a simple adjustment to his father’s suits wasn’t too much to ask for.
Maybe he needs to change his tailor? And possibly repurpose his tailor? I hear skinsuits are all envogue in the North these days.
:rotfl: Well, this is a very inexperienced Lex here just stretching his theoretical muscles fresh after the deaths of his parents.

The accident had been investigated to death. Why couldn’t they just close the case?
Maybe they suspect some foul play to have played a role?

Getting warmer...

“Temper, temper, Alexander.” Lucifer scolded,
clap

That's right, Alexander not Lex yet.

“A quick transfer out of town to rustle up some feathers should do the trick. Which one do you want, sent packing, hmm?”
clap I *was* wondering what you where up to with John Decker.

Ah, you caught me. I had to connect the two worlds. What better way than insert Chloe Decker's dad in for fun?

Lucifer leaned in and whispered, “Don’t cross me, Lex. A deal with the devil isn’t something you want to break.”
Hmm…Luci never did get to collect his favor. Unless he worked to do Clark a solid by having Lex court Lois so she would realize it is Clark she wants…

Well, I'm sure he has ways of collecting on that deal.

I did not read the comments before writing above remarks about the skin suit! Also, human suits need to be cleaned regularly to keep them from becoming itchy. It's written right there on the little owner's leaflet tacked to the left zipper.

wave Michael

lol I didn't read the owner's manual. Thanks for that though. lol
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards