Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: groobie FDK: Kindred Spirits (1/1) - 02/18/19 10:10 AM
Complete Story

When I read the challenge, I immediately thought of "The Greatest American Hero." And then, no lie, a week later I was flipping channels and the show was actually on! Wow, those special effects! rotflol So with this long holiday weekend, I pulled this little story together. Enjoy!
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Kindred Spirits (1/1) - 02/18/19 02:04 PM
rotflol A super powered teacher is just what those two needed to break up their fight! Perfect final line. clap
Posted By: Mike M Re: FDK: Kindred Spirits (1/1) - 02/18/19 02:52 PM
One of my favorites. Ralph, Bill, and Pam made a unique team. Ralph would be a great example to break up the fight between Superman and Resplendent Man. Loved the last line but also liked Ralph noting that Resplendent Mad did not take Credit Cards also. It just seemed so Ralph.

Mike
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Kindred Spirits (1/1) - 02/18/19 09:07 PM
Believe it or not.

... I'm walkin' on air.

Love the song, show and the characters! Thanks so much for the chuckle. smile1
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Kindred Spirits (1/1) - 02/18/19 10:40 PM
Hi Groobie,

What a fun story. I've always enjoyed "The Greatest American Hero," and your reason for Ralph making contact with Waldo (and, through him, Clark) was brilliant. You captured everyone's voices perfectly.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Endelda Re: FDK: Kindred Spirits (1/1) - 02/19/19 02:51 AM
I loved this! What a great blend of characters and voices! aaaaand now I have that theme song stuck in my head rotflol
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Kindred Spirits (1/1) - 02/19/19 03:48 AM
Hi Groobie!

While I'm unfamiliar with the character you introduced, I like the idea of another superhero breaking up Superman and Resplendent Man's fight. It was nice to see Clark getting a little advice from Ralph on letting Lois in on his secret. Cute story!
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: Kindred Spirits (1/1) - 02/19/19 05:09 AM
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I'm unfamiliar with the character you introduced
shock That's....how?! LOL...today's generation knows nothing of the sacrifices we had to make in the good ol' days where if you missed a show, that was it - maybe you'd catch it in rereun season, but otherwise you were out of luck! TGAH is truly a classic - cheesy fun of the best kind. I'm sure you can find it online somewhere. And surely you must recognize the theme song !

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words! smile1 I'm happy I was able to capture Ralph's voice and spirit for you.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Kindred Spirits (1/1) - 02/19/19 05:23 AM
Originally Posted by groobie
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I'm unfamiliar with the character you introduced
shock That's....how?! LOL...today's generation knows nothing of the sacrifices we had to make in the good ol' days where if you missed a show, that was it - maybe you'd catch it in rereun season, but otherwise you were out of luck! TGAH is truly a classic - cheesy fun of the best kind. I'm sure you can find it online somewhere. And surely you must recognize the theme song !

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words! smile1 I'm happy I was able to capture Ralph's voice and spirit for you.

Oh, I totally lived through that era - I used to have to pick if I was watching L&C or Hercules during Season 4 and I discovered Herc and Xena. But I never watched The Greatest American Hero. peep
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: Kindred Spirits (1/1) - 02/19/19 07:06 AM
rotflol

Okay, I didn't get the character until the end, because "believe it or not" immediately triggered the tune in my brain, even though I've never seen the show either... peep

That said, even though I don't know the character, it was really funny! Love the camaraderie built between Clark and Ralph, and the advice about relationships. Lots of fun and very well done!
Posted By: L Re: FDK: Kindred Spirits (1/1) - 02/19/19 10:55 PM
Nice. I was in high school when GAH was on and never missed an ep!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards