Lois & Clark Forums
Enjoy! (Yes, the title makes me giggle.)
Heehee love it! And a clueless Clark trying to work out what Lois meant was so cute!
Loved it! Poor Clark obsessing all day.
clap lol
Guy squeals his tires stopping at the hospital ER entrance, then runs around the car and lifts his wife out of the passenger seat. A nurse pushes a wheelchair under her and he puts her down, then follows the nurse through the doors to the emergency room.

She's taking quick, sharp, shallow breaths, saying, "Can't - couldn't - won't - he's - I'm -"

Panicked, the guy blurts out, "Nurse, what's wrong with my wife?"

Nurse shakes her head. "Nothing's wrong. She's just having contractions."

<crickets>

Well, I thought it was funny.

Excellent quickie, DC. I had it figured out when that broken-up voicemail mentioned "periods" (five kids will do that for you), but Lois' reaction at the end was absolutely priceless. Forgotten punctuation, indeed. It brought back some memories of when my wife broke the news to me on those occasions. First time I was floating on cloud nine and couldn't stop smiling. Fifth time I was like, "Here we go again."

Humorous and heartwarming is difficult for me. For you, it seems to be second nature. I'd love to see more from you along this vein. Keep it up!

The title confused me for a moment and then reading Lois’s explanation it all came together. Perfect!
Lol forgotten punctuation! Loved this piece. Cute, sweet and funny!
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
Heehee love it! And a clueless Clark trying to work out what Lois meant was so cute!

Haha! Thanks! I thought it could be a fun change if we could figure out how things would end before Clark did!
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Loved it! Poor Clark obsessing all day.
clap lol

Clark: I do NOT obsess!

Lois: (gives Vicki a look, rolls eyes)

Vicki: (rolls eyes right back)

Clark: I was merely...um...see the thing is...Lois, uh, has, uh, rubbed off on me. Yeah, that's it. I like solving mysteries and um...this was a mystery.

Lois and Vicki: (laugh until they cry)

Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed it!
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Guy squeals his tires stopping at the hospital ER entrance, then runs around the car and lifts his wife out of the passenger seat. A nurse pushes a wheelchair under her and he puts her down, then follows the nurse through the doors to the emergency room.

She's taking quick, sharp, shallow breaths, saying, "Can't - couldn't - won't - he's - I'm -"

Panicked, the guy blurts out, "Nurse, what's wrong with my wife?"

Nurse shakes her head. "Nothing's wrong. She's just having contractions."

<crickets>

Well, I thought it was funny.

Excellent quickie, DC. I had it figured out when that broken-up voicemail mentioned "periods" (five kids will do that for you), but Lois' reaction at the end was absolutely priceless. Forgotten punctuation, indeed. It brought back some memories of when my wife broke the news to me on those occasions. First time I was floating on cloud nine and couldn't stop smiling. Fifth time I was like, "Here we go again."

Humorous and heartwarming is difficult for me. For you, it seems to be second nature. I'd love to see more from you along this vein. Keep it up!

Haha! Thanks, Terry!

I figured most people would figure it out well before Clark did, but that was the fun of it. To be in the know before him and watch him get it all wrong. smile

With our first (and only) pregnancy, I put a note into my husband's favorite childhood book and gave it to him for Christmas (I found out Christmas Eve morning and gave him the gift as soon as he got up). He was equal parts floating and "are you serious?". He demanded to see the test. Ha! (But it also took 2.5 years for it to happen, so the disbelief was even funnier to me.)

Glad you enjoyed the story! I think my muse enjoyed the break from Assassin Clark and all his darkness. wink
Funny and adorable! laugh
(Title gave it away for me, but I still enjoyed watching Clark wriggle wink )
Originally Posted by Morgana
The title confused me for a moment and then reading Lois’s explanation it all came together. Perfect!

Haha! Thanks, Morgana! Glad you enjoyed it!
Originally Posted by jackiek
Lol forgotten punctuation! Loved this piece. Cute, sweet and funny!

Thanks for reading! Glad it gave you a laugh!
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Funny and adorable! laugh
(Title gave it away for me, but I still enjoyed watching Clark wriggle wink )

It's always fun watching Clark wriggle, isn't it? Which is why I didn't mind letting the reader be "in the know" with the title. Sometimes, it's just a lot more fun that way. wink
That was a nice glimpse into the daily Life of Clark Kent.
Yes, this damn voicemail recordings ... I know the problem from my own phone - sometimes I can't understand half of the text the other person says.
I would think: good news for LnC. Well done.
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
That was a nice glimpse into the daily Life of Clark Kent.
Yes, this damn voicemail recordings ... I know the problem from my own phone - sometimes I can't understand half of the text the other person says.
I would think: good news for LnC. Well done.

Yeah, I actually got a voicemail a couple of weeks ago that I could barely understand. The whole thing was choppy and like slowed down to the point of it almost sounding like it was "buffering" as the woman was speaking. SO weird!

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the story! smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards