Lois & Clark Forums
Story is here.

Comments go here and feed the muse! hyper
Awww, what a sweet story! I love how the song lyrics morph in meaning over the years and circumstances. That's so true, isn't it? There are songs I hear now that I associate so differently than 5 or 10 years ago.

I love that Lois is finally able to give the song a good association in her head after so much heartbreak. Thanks for sharing it with us!
How when H.G. Wells and she were in the past thanks to Tempus, Mr. Wells’ words echoed and fit right into the song. And yet were different.

Once your story’s told
It never can grow old…

He was describing their story as timeless love, which generations to come never grew tired of hearing.

Besides Dr. Klein, H.G. Wells character was one of my favorites. This scene when he is telling Lois how she is remembered by the inhabitants of Utopia really did it for me. Thank you for writing such a thoughtful story using lyrics from a song to guide Lois throughout her life. Bravo!
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Awww, what a sweet story! I love how the song lyrics morph in meaning over the years and circumstances. That's so true, isn't it? There are songs I hear now that I associate so differently than 5 or 10 years ago.

I love that Lois is finally able to give the song a good association in her head after so much heartbreak. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thanks for reading and commenting, Deadly C!

Absolutely, our perceptions of songs can change as time goes on. That's happened to me, and was the inspiration for this story. I actually never knew all the correct lyrics for We're All Alone until I read them online, hearing them differently than they were sung. laugh
Originally Posted by Morgana
How when H.G. Wells and she were in the past thanks to Tempus, Mr. Wells’ words echoed and fit right into the song. And yet were different.

Once your story’s told
It never can grow old…

He was describing their story as timeless love, which generations to come never grew tired of hearing.

Besides Dr. Klein, H.G. Wells character was one of my favorites. This scene when he is telling Lois how she is remembered by the inhabitants of Utopia really did it for me. Thank you for writing such a thoughtful story using lyrics from a song to guide Lois throughout her life. Bravo!

Thanks for reading and commenting, Morgana!

Definitely two of my favorites, too. That scene actually is my favorite for H.G. Wells in the whole show. The gentle tone of his voice combined with sincerity and a sense of awe is the perfect antidote to Lois's insecurity after Tempus's unfounded, cruel accusations of her lack of intelligence.
This is such a sweet little journey into Lois's life learning to trust and love after having her little heart shattered so completely at such a young age. Wonderful job cuidadora! clap
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
This is such a sweet little journey into Lois's life learning to trust and love after having her little heart shattered so completely at such a young age. Wonderful job cuidadora! clap

Thanks for reading and commenting, Folc! Glad you liked the story.

I love seeing how she evolved over the course of the show and think that's one of the things that makes her such a strong yet endearing character.
I loved it, so heart-warming. It's easy to see how a person's experiences shape them as they grow and have new experiences when they are lined up like this and connected with the lyrics of a song. Lois's transformation is a great one with a happy ending smile. I love happy endings.

Great job!
Touching and lovely story. I like how you really captured Lois' emotional development over the course of her life and the various experiences that shaped who she became over the years. One of my favorite things about Lois & Clark is the emotional depth and development of the characters, and you definitely captured that here.
Originally Posted by JellyS2
I loved it, so heart-warming. It's easy to see how a person's experiences shape them as they grow and have new experiences when they are lined up like this and connected with the lyrics of a song. Lois's transformation is a great one with a happy ending smile . I love happy endings.

Great job!

This song is one that means a lot to me, and helped me through a couple of my life's bigger challenges. I thought it could do the same for Lois, and I'm glad you liked it. I also love happy endings. wink

Thanks for reading and commenting! hyper
Originally Posted by TaliaJoy
Touching and lovely story. I like how you really captured Lois' emotional development over the course of her life and the various experiences that shaped who she became over the years. One of my favorite things about Lois & Clark is the emotional depth and development of the characters, and you definitely captured that here.

TaliaJoy, thank you so much. The growth of the characters is one of my favorite things about Lois and Clark, too. The song just seemed to fit her experiences and growth so well, and I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Thanks again for reading and commenting! hyper
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards