Lois & Clark Forums
My contribution to the first challenge.

Story is here.

Thanks for reading & commenting! hyper
Awww, this was adorable! clap
Thanks, Queenie! Glad you liked it.
cuidadora,

This was absolutely adorable! I love it so much I don't even know where to start. The adorableness of the rubber duckie song or the image of a naked butt running down the hall. clap well done!
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
cuidadora,

This was absolutely adorable! I love it so much I don't even know where to start. The adorableness of the rubber duckie song or the image of a naked butt running down the hall. clap well done!

Thanks! I'm delighted you liked it. wink
Awww, that's adorable! As a twin mom myself, I can attest to (though I have girls) bath time shenanigans and the very, very low, very off-key singing, as well as the one line of the song that they know, therefore repeat constantly. (Currently, it's Katy Perry's "Firework" - thanks, hubby.)

Well done!
good job I loved this little story
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Awww, that's adorable! As a twin mom myself, I can attest to (though I have girls) bath time shenanigans and the very, very low, very off-key singing, as well as the one line of the song that they know, therefore repeat constantly. (Currently, it's Katy Perry's "Firework" - thanks, hubby.)

Well done!

Thanks! I used some memories from when I babysat twin preschool girls. Glad to see some things haven't changed! laugh

Originally Posted by LadyTpower
good job I loved this little story

Thanks! laugh
This was hilarious! All I can say is; thanks for all the happy baby bath time memories.
Hi cuidadora!

She also added the changes that came with age. Not everyone would appreciate those changes. Needing hearing aids might seem like anything but a blessing. But, she and Jonathan found joy in hearing clearly the children’s voices. And, when they tired of the clamor, rather than shushing their grandkids, they quietly and stealthily turned their aids down or off.
That one was rotflol

Like now. She was sure Jonathan’s concentration was aided by turning down his hearing aids. Reaching up to turn hers off, she smiled.

Ah, the blessed sound of silence.
laugh

That was adorable!

wave Michael
Originally Posted by Morgana
This was hilarious! All I can say is; thanks for all the happy baby bath time memories.

Thanks, Morgana. Glad to provide a humorous interlude. laugh
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi cuidadora!

She also added the changes that came with age. Not everyone would appreciate those changes. Needing hearing aids might seem like anything but a blessing. But, she and Jonathan found joy in hearing clearly the children’s voices. And, when they tired of the clamor, rather than shushing their grandkids, they quietly and stealthily turned their aids down or off.
That one was rotflol

Like now. She was sure Jonathan’s concentration was aided by turning down his hearing aids. Reaching up to turn hers off, she smiled.

Ah, the blessed sound of silence.
laugh

That was adorable!

wave Michael

Hi Michael!

Glad you enjoyed it. It was a fun and silly story to write. laugh
Aww that was simply adorable.
Originally Posted by jackiek
Aww that was simply adorable.

Thanks, Jackie!
Cuidadora, I loved it!

It really brought back a lot of lovely memories from my babysitting years and auntie-will-take-care-of-the-bath-while-mom-is-resting days! (But I usually ended up as wet as the children!) I also remember Sesame Street (it was also aired in France in a dubbed version, so the song was probably a different one, but the video brought back vivid memories >
) and Jon’s obsessional singing was both cute and hilarious.

Martha’s thoughts were spot on: I loved seeing their family life through her eyes (and hearing aids!) and the passing of years was subtly painted. How like her to focus on the good parts rather than the worries of aging... Thanks for a lovely story.
Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
Cuidadora, I loved it!

It really brought back a lot of lovely memories from my babysitting years and auntie-will-take-care-of-the-bath-while-mom-is-resting days! (But I usually ended up as wet as the children!) I also remember Sesame Street (it was also aired in France in a dubbed version, so the song was probably a different one, but the video brought back vivid memories >
) and Jon’s obsessional singing was both cute and hilarious.

Martha’s thoughts were spot on: I loved seeing their family life through her eyes (and hearing aids!) and the passing of years was subtly painted. How like her to focus on the good parts rather than the worries of aging... Thanks for a lovely story.

Thanks Millefeuilles!

The song I was thinking of is this one. goofy
A nice, sweet story. smile
Originally Posted by TaliaJoy
A nice, sweet story. smile

Thanks, TaliaJoy. It was fun to write. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards