Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: AntiKryptonite FDK: What If...? 3/4 - 12/08/18 09:50 PM
So, I did mention that these get LONGER, right? Yeah, I tried to cut it down, but apparently, I had a lot to say about this premise -- which makes sense considering I've been wanting to write one since nearly the first time I realized fanfiction was a thing. smile

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

I really did try to stay a chapter ahead in writing, but I'd already made you wait two weeks for this one, so I still have a bit to go on chapter four. (Chances are, it's long, guys...)
Posted By: Endelda Re: FDK: What If...? 3/4 - 12/08/18 10:42 PM
The chapter seems to be cut short, did it get cut off or is my browser just acting up?
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: What If...? 3/4 - 12/08/18 11:34 PM
It's happened before on other stories. There's a character limit for a single post, which it appears this chapter exceeded. The message boards will truncate the post when that happens.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: What If...? 3/4 - 12/09/18 03:01 AM
The posting limit I've found is 20 pages. Sometimes it'll let you go over by a page or two but as a safeguard keep it under 20 for each chapter and you're good.

You can split it into a) or b) to help.

My suggestion Anti-K. I'll be back to FDK in a few weeks. Super swamped right now.
Posted By: Mike M Re: FDK: What If...? 3/4 - 12/09/18 06:16 AM
Just FYI. Anti-K also posts her stories on FanFiction.net and that site does not have a page limit. If you want to read the ending the link is here . I am sure she will fix it here (probably split it up into 3a and 3b). From what she wrote here earlier, Chapter 4 will probably have the same issues.

Just FYI

Mike
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: What If...? 3/4 - 12/09/18 06:26 AM
So sorry, everyone, about this! I've posted pretty long chapters before and never experienced any problems, so I guess it's cool to know that this must be my longest chapter ever...?

Anyway, thanks for everyone who posted here to let me know or PMed me about the problem -- hopefully, it wasn't too long a wait!

And thanks for the helpful link, Mike!

Anyway, now that the story's all posted, I hope you enjoy it without the transition between posts being too jarring!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: What If...? 3/4 - 3A - 12/21/18 04:38 PM
“No, not really.” She shrugs and presses the button for the elevator as she pulls her jacket back on. “It’s just strange. Takes a while to get used to. We seem to write a lot of stories about him.”

Interesting how Lois catches on about their involvement with the Man of Steel so easily. The little grey cells will be back up to speed in no time at all. Don't worry Clark!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: What If...? 3/4 - 3A - 12/22/18 03:36 AM
Another wonderful, but heartbreaking, story. Poor Clark, going out of his mind trying to help Lois, but his heart so fragile that it crumbles at the slightest (perceived) set back. And poor Lois, shouldering the heavy burdens to trying to regain her memories, coping with being an engaged woman, and thinking she's cheating on the sweetest man ever. I'm relieved they both found their way back to each other in the end. And thank goodness it happened without creepy doctors!
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: What If...? 3/4 - 03/28/19 10:52 PM
Thanks, Morgana! I've always wanted to see what would have happened if Lois's memories had been allowed to come back like Clark's in 'All Shook Up.' (Interesting that Superman is the first thing they BOTH remembered.) I didn't figure it would take Lois long to be back to normal without all those doctors scrambling her brains!

I'm with you, DC -- so much better without the 'help' of those crackpots! This was actually the easiest of the four to write, so I suppose I'd been storing up ideas for it in the back of my head for a while. So glad you enjoyed!
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: What If...? 3/4 - 04/14/19 12:39 PM
Oh I just love this. I can just feel Clark’s heart breaking and Lois’ guilt. Beautifully described. So glad they got things out in the open and how perfect that their kiss is what brought all her memories back.
Posted By: mrsMxyzptlk Re: FDK: What If...? 3/4 - 08/27/19 10:33 PM
This was really beautiful. We really get to feel al the mashed-up, conflicting emotions that Clark goes through during Lois' amnesia. He's so thrilled that she's back and physically ok, but he's so heartbroken at the same time.

At least she summoned the gumption to tell him that she thought she had been cheating. There's no telling how far it might have gone without Clark telling her that he's Superman otherwise.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards