Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 09/30/18 04:54 AM
What's this? A short fic? I'm shocked!

<goes back to her current epic-in-progress>
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 09/30/18 02:38 PM
clap I love it! Yay for Clark dodging the cage and yay for Lois and her sign! laugh Of course, I'm curious how these changes will affect the rest of the canon, especially how Lois will deal with amnesiac Clark and creepy Lex when she knows that the Almighty himself doesn't ship Lois/Lex. wink
Posted By: CarrieRene Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 09/30/18 02:39 PM
Oh boy, you sure played with the timeline and you played with it very well. I like it and how Mike and God helped Lois see her way.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 09/30/18 07:46 PM
They say to be careful what you pray for, because you just might get it...

<chuckle> Well done.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 09/30/18 09:35 PM
I may have been a bit heavy handed with the stubbornness on that one indeed.

Nice take on that challenge. Glad Clark was able to avoid the Kryptonite cage and hopefully Lois will take a closer look at things knowing God Almighty himself doesn't want her to marry Lex Luthor.

Thanks for the laugh, Vicki. lol
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 09/30/18 11:55 PM
It didn’t exactly roll naturally off her tongue, the way she’d always expected her new name to do once she married. She remembered how easily “Mrs. Lois Swayze” had bounced off her tongue as she and her girlfriends had fantasized about marrying their crushes. It had seemed so natural. So how come it felt so awkward trying out her fiancé’s last name now? Perhaps if she couched it in a different way?

Mrs. Patrick Swayze? Talk about reaching high! Still I can see Lois and that awesome dancer doing a fantastic Mamba on the floor of the High School gymnasium. goofy

Posted By: PuffyTiger Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/01/18 02:47 AM
Haha, he gave her so much stubbornness that it takes an asteroid to counter it? Golly...
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/01/18 03:36 AM
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
clap I love it! Yay for Clark dodging the cage and yay for Lois and her sign! laugh Of course, I'm curious how these changes will affect the rest of the canon, especially how Lois will deal with amnesiac Clark and creepy Lex when she knows that the Almighty himself doesn't ship Lois/Lex. wink

Thanks for reading! No immediate plans for a sequel, but I never say never! Of course, with you saying you need more, my muse wants to comply, but she needs to finish the epic AU she started first. smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/01/18 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Oh boy, you sure played with the timeline and you played with it very well. I like it and how Mike and God helped Lois see her way.

Thanks, Carrie! It was my immediate thought when Val posted the challenge. Gotta love shaking up the timeline!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/01/18 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
They say to be careful what you pray for, because you just might get it...

<chuckle> Well done.

Joy,
Lynn

In spades! rotflol

Thanks for reading, Lynn!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/01/18 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
I may have been a bit heavy handed with the stubbornness on that one indeed.

Nice take on that challenge. Glad Clark was able to avoid the Kryptonite cage and hopefully Lois will take a closer look at things knowing God Almighty himself doesn't want her to marry Lex Luthor.

Thanks for the laugh, Vicki. lol

I picture God sprinkling stubbornness into the Lois "batter" and the top falling off to spill ALL of it in the mix He made her with. rotflol

Glad you enjoyed the fic!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/01/18 04:00 AM
Originally Posted by Morgana
It didn’t exactly roll naturally off her tongue, the way she’d always expected her new name to do once she married. She remembered how easily “Mrs. Lois Swayze” had bounced off her tongue as she and her girlfriends had fantasized about marrying their crushes. It had seemed so natural. So how come it felt so awkward trying out her fiancé’s last name now? Perhaps if she couched it in a different way?

Mrs. Patrick Swayze? Talk about reaching high! Still I can see Lois and that awesome dancer doing a fantastic Mamba on the floor of the High School gymnasium. goofy

Well, she IS Lois Lane! Of course she'd reach for the stars! laugh

Thanks for reading!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/01/18 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
Haha, he gave her so much stubbornness that it takes an asteroid to counter it? Golly...

Lois Lane. Almost as thick headed as Clark Kent sometimes. wink

Anything subtler and we would have gotten regular canon. wink
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/02/18 02:21 AM
This somehow requires an epilogue or something! What would Lois do once she realises that an asteroid is headed for earth?
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/02/18 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
This somehow requires an epilogue or something! What would Lois do once she realises that an asteroid is headed for earth?

I originally meant for it to be a punchy one-shot, but the more people ask, the more I'm considering letting the muse fool around with extending things. But she has to finish what she's already working on first. smile
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/19/18 11:39 AM
rotflol I did not see that coming. Well done!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/20/18 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by jackiek
rotflol I did not see that coming. Well done!

Haha, thanks, Jackie! Glad you enjoyed it!
Posted By: Millefeuilles Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/20/18 03:53 PM
I've read about the expression "knocking some sense into someone", but Lois is truly unique! rotflol
A very enjoyable (and surprising!) fic. clap
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Praying For A Sign (1/1) - 10/21/18 03:35 AM
Originally Posted by Millefeuilles
I've read about the expression "knocking some sense into someone", but Lois is truly unique! rotflol
A very enjoyable (and surprising!) fic. clap

rotflol Lois is pretty dense, isn't she?

Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed it!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards