Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Mouserocks FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 08/20/18 11:13 PM
All right! Been a very long time weekend here, and I don't anticipate things slowing down, so I considered waiting a week to post this but here we go again! In case you haven't noticed, these "act breaks" are somewhat arbitrary, just a way to sort out the comments and avoid any future spoilers (if you're clicking on act 5 comments, you darn well should be into act 5 goofy )

Anywho. Comments below for Act 3: Poison Kiss! Hope you're still enjoying smile Chapter 35 is ready to read!
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 08/23/18 04:04 PM
Forgot to post the link to the new chapter yesterday... Chapter 36 is up! Enjoy!
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 08/27/18 04:32 PM
What? Mouse is posting before ten in the morning? Happy Monday! Here's chapter 37 for your reading pleasure!
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 08/29/18 07:18 AM
Midnight counts! Happy Wednesday, and here's Chapter 38 ! Enjoy!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 08/31/18 05:31 PM
I still find it weird that 'Jimmy' is referred to as 'James' in this twisted Universe you've created Mouse.

Nice to see somethings don't change though. Perry is still protective of Lois and given what we know about Mr. Kent I don't blame him one bit.

LOL at Bobby being referred to as 'Robert'

Okay that's all I've got time for right now. Thought I'd drop a line since ACT 3 seemed lonely for FDK.

laugh
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 09/03/18 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
I still find it weird that 'Jimmy' is referred to as 'James' in this twisted Universe you've created Mouse.

Nice to see somethings don't change though. Perry is still protective of Lois and given what we know about Mr. Kent I don't blame him one bit.

LOL at Bobby being referred to as 'Robert'

Okay that's all I've got time for right now. Thought I'd drop a line since ACT 3 seemed lonely for FDK.

Haha, thanks! I liked playing around with the secondary characters a bit, especially Jimmy and Bobby. Little more of a blank slate to work with Bobby though, so it was fun. Thanks for the feedback!

Chapter 39 is up now! Have a happy Monday everyone!
Posted By: Endelda Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 09/04/18 01:18 AM
Awww, SuperSneak still has a soft spot for orphans. But wait, who's behind the experiments if it's not him? And EW LEX NO, is he seriously planning to roofie Lois?!

I hope she jumps Clark right in front of him (although I'm not sure that would be such a good idea with this Clark >.> )
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 09/04/18 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by Endelda
EW LEX NO, is he seriously planning to roofie Lois?!

I hope she jumps Clark right in front of him (although I'm not sure that would be such a good idea with this Clark >.> )

Okay, I"m sorry E I literally choked on my drink reading this. I'm fine by the way but lol. The mental image is there forever. But yeah that would be a sweet revenge for Luthor's nefarious plans. Sicko.
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 09/05/18 06:53 PM
Awww, SuperSneak still has a soft spot for orphans.

Yeah, Clark has a hard time with letting things go, so the orphan thing is gonna stick with him a while.

But wait, who's behind the experiments if it's not him? And EW LEX NO, is he seriously planning to roofie Lois?!

grin So many questions. Who is behind the smart kids debacle? And Lex is slowly but surely spiraling out of control. If he had a way to keep Lois his forever, he's darn well gonna try.

Hehehe, I gotta say, if Lex was standing right there, Clark would probably go for it, ask questions later. evil

Okay, I"m sorry E I literally choked on my drink reading this. I'm fine by the way but lol. The mental image is there forever. But yeah that would be a sweet revenge for Luthor's nefarious plans. Sicko.

Hahaha that's great! rotflol Poor Val laugh

Thanks for all your comments! Chapter 40 is up and ready to read! Enjoy! Questions will be answered soon.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 09/06/18 01:04 PM
Awww, big bad evil dark Clark has a soft spot. Nice description of our entrepreneur, ruthless Clark Kent's place. Sounds intriguing.

I see Lois is getting pulled in deeper here. So she doesn't like people telling her what to do and she keeps running toward dark Clark...

Lex: Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile

Lois: I make my own decisions! **jumps dark Clark's bones**
Clark: You're now in charge of all the decision making from now until eternity...

**renames organization**

Lex: I don't know what you're talking about officer. I don't own anything called LL Enterprises.

Lois and Dark Clark: **Evil Laugh**

Lex: Somebody save me. I know I'm basically a doormat with rapist tendencies and I have a severe drinking problem but someone take pity on me please!!

******************************************************************************************************************************

Lex: **wakes up from nightmare** It's time to up the game.

Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 09/10/18 06:46 PM
Awww, big bad evil dark Clark has a soft spot. Nice description of our entrepreneur, ruthless Clark Kent's place. Sounds intriguing.

I see Lois is getting pulled in deeper here. So she doesn't like people telling her what to do and she keeps running toward dark Clark...

Meanwhile

Clark: You're now in charge of all the decision making from now until eternity...

**renames organization**

Lex: I don't know what you're talking about officer. I don't own anything called LL Enterprises.

Lex: Somebody save me. I know I'm basically a doormat with rapist tendencies and I have a severe drinking problem but someone take pity on me please!!

Hahahaha! lol thanks for the laugh Val! I can neither confirm nor deny how accurate this is. Lex is definitely not someone worth pitying though goofy

Chapter 41 is up now! Happy Monday!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 09/11/18 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by Mouserocks

Meanwhile

**renames organization**

Hahahaha! lol thanks for the laugh Val! I can neither confirm nor deny how accurate this is. Lex is definitely not someone worth pitying though goofy

Chapter 41 is up now! Happy Monday!

I'm glad my random thoughts could put a smile on your face Mouse. smile1
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 09/12/18 03:42 PM
Happy Wednesday! Chapter 42 is up and ready to read! Hope you enjoy the smooches. sloppy
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 09/17/18 05:56 PM
Happy Monday! Chapter 43 is up and ready to read!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 09/18/18 11:47 PM
Oh noooo! Dark Clark is going to finally get his Lois fix. Clark's past might be catching up with him. Nice part!
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 09/19/18 06:54 PM
Oh noooo! Dark Clark is going to finally get his Lois fix. Clark's past might be catching up with him. Nice part!

Hehehe. More to come on that front... Today in fact! Chapter 44 is up and ready to read!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 09/20/18 01:28 AM
"Make love to me, Clark."

Ohhhhh, this can't end good...or can it wink

Posted By: Mouserocks FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (45) - 09/25/18 04:39 AM
Happy Monday! Here's today's chapter only a little late... Been a crazy week or two, so I considered taking a week hiatus, but I think I'm gonna save it for next week. So for now, here's chapter 45! Enjoy!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (45) - 09/26/18 12:51 PM
Hey Mouse! wave

Oh, wow, I almost feel bad for our little dark Clark here. All those hormones and urges raging and that pesky little conscience peeks up and ruins it all. devilsplat

I'm guessing there will be hell to pay when that stuff wears off. Poor Lucy though. Hope someone can get to her before Nigel digs himself any deeper than he already is. dizzy

Posted By: Mouserocks FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (46) - 09/26/18 10:10 PM
Hey Mouse! wave

Oh, wow, I almost feel bad for our little dark Clark here. All those hormones and urges raging and that pesky little conscience peeks up and ruins it all. devilsplat

I'm guessing there will be hell to pay when that stuff wears off. Poor Lucy though. Hope someone can get to her before Nigel digs himself any deeper than he already is. dizzy

lol Hell to pay, indeed. devil Lucy's fate will change shortly, and Nigel's fate... Well, I can't give all away, can I?

Chapter 46 is up and ready to read!

Side note: I normally take a week break between Acts, but just this once I'm going to have to take it early. Sad to say, you're going to have to wait till Monday, October 8th to read how it all turns out! There's a lot going on IRL, and it's going to take a bit to get settled down again. I'll resume my usual posting schedule after that. I might be pretty silent here on the boards too until things get settled.

See you in a week and a half! And enjoy! Hope I didn't leave you on too bad a cliffhanger ( and to think, I could have ended it with Lois asking Clark to make love to her wink that would have been too evil).
Posted By: Endelda Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (45) - 09/27/18 02:22 AM
It's comforting to see that this degenerate version of Clark hasn't completely thrown all decency to the winds! I almost felt bad for him (almost wink )

I hope Lucy's ok! and oooh Dr. Carlton had better watch out for that child-protecting, double-dealing, sexually frustrated Superman! I hear it's not healthy to be on his bad side!
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (45) - 10/08/18 08:56 PM
It's comforting to see that this degenerate version of Clark hasn't completely thrown all decency to the winds! I almost felt bad for him (almost wink )
Lol. I debated a lot about how far he'd go, but in the end, he wants Lois' wholehearted devotion above all else, in order to truly feel like he's won. Anything tainting her decision would be fun but not worth while.

I hope Lucy's ok! and oooh Dr. Carlton had better watch out for that child-protecting, double-dealing, sexually frustrated Superman! I hear it's not healthy to be on his bad side!

More on Lucy in this chapter! Sorry to leave her hanging a bit. And lol you got "sexually frustrated" right. This Clark isn't quite as used to being as patient as our canon one... Waiting at all is a good first step.

Chapter 47 is up and ready to read! It was nice taking a break, but now we're back at it and there's no slowing this train down. Strap in folcs. devil
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 10/10/18 07:32 AM
Happy Wednesday Midnight! Chapter 48 is up and ready to read! devil hope you enjoy!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 10/10/18 12:28 PM
Happy Wednesday Midnight! Chapter 48 is up and ready to read! devil hope you enjoy!

Hi Mouse! wave

Aaaaannnnnd, secret number one is out.

**rubs hands together** Let's see where this takes us. Will Dark Clark have the nerve to fess up to all his lies? Will he succeed in turning Lois on Lex? Given what Lucy overheard I think its safe to say that relationship is toast. Clark's going to have to figure out what to do with Nigel before that worm does anymore damage.

Great job as always. thumbsup
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 10/11/18 01:04 PM
Yeesh.

I've been a bad boy, not commenting as I should have. Boo on me for that. It's just that I'm still trying to wrap my head around these versions of Lois and Clark and Lex.

And it's not the writing or the story premise that has me off-balance. I simply can't figure out which of our major bad guys to root for. Superman is shockingly dark - so dark that I wouldn't put it past him to kill Nigel. Lex is fighting a private war with Clark over both business and their past relationship, with a beautiful and desirable woman tossed in the mix. Lois can't see what's right in front of her face - knows she's not in love with Lex but doesn't realize that he's a criminal, nor can she see Clark's evil deeds for what they are.

All three of them (Lois less so) have believed that one can do bad things up to a point and then stop while still remaining a good person. Each of them has crossed that line now. What will happen to Lucy, given what she knows? Will Lex complete his plan against Bureau 39? Will Clark tell Lois everything - and I mean everything? Will the Superman persona survive, and if so, what will be his focus? Just how much will Lois let Clark get away with before she trips on something worse? It's enough to envision a Hamlet-like Tank ending where only Bill Henderson and Lucy are left to tell the tale. 'Tis a grim task you've set for yourself.

Although Miranda's "Honey-buns of Steel" comment was priceless. A new nickname for Superman! "Superman and his honey-buns of steel stop runaway subway train. Film at eleven!"

Every time I think you've hit the highest peak in the tension, another one comes along to top it. Excellent tale, and well-told. Keep it up!

Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 10/15/18 11:48 PM
Pssst! It's Monday. laugh
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 10/16/18 07:06 AM
Aaaaannnnnd, secret number one is out.
Yup! I'm starting to get excited.

**rubs hands together** Let's see where this takes us. Will Dark Clark have the nerve to fess up to all his lies? Will he succeed in turning Lois on Lex? Given what Lucy overheard I think its safe to say that relationship is toast. Clark's going to have to figure out what to do with Nigel before that worm does anymore damage.

Hehehehe... devil So many questions I can't answer... Well, I can't answer beyond chapter 49. Because yes, chapter 49 is going up right now! Happy (very late, technically Tuesday) Monday!

Also, I'm aware I've been slacking on keeping up on all my links in here and the TOC. blush sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused! Was hoping to get some time to fix it today, but it may be later in the week before I get a chance to fix it... Good news is, it'll be fixed soon! So keep your eyes peeled. wink

Pssst! It's Monday.
I know, I know! The day got away from me goofy Posting now
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 10/16/18 07:59 AM
Hi Terry! wave

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Yeesh.

I've been a bad boy, not commenting as I should have. Boo on me for that. It's just that I'm still trying to wrap my head around these versions of Lois and Clark and Lex.

Haha, no worries! Been busy over here. I'm just happy you're still reading smile and it's a complicated universe.

And it's not the writing or the story premise that has me off-balance. I simply can't figure out which of our major bad guys to root for.

If it's any consolation, and it's probably not, it took me a long time to figure that out too.

Superman is shockingly dark - so dark that I wouldn't put it past him to kill Nigel. Lex is fighting a private war with Clark over both business and their past relationship, with a beautiful and desirable woman tossed in the mix. Lois can't see what's right in front of her face - knows she's not in love with Lex but doesn't realize that he's a criminal, nor can she see Clark's evil deeds for what they are.
All parties are more than flawed individuals. And ignorance is bliss. Lois doesn't yet realize how true that will be.

All three of them (Lois less so) have believed that one can do bad things up to a point and then stop while still remaining a good person. Each of them has crossed that line now.
Yes. And the boundaries will still be pushed a bit further. You always hear that the villain supposes he's the hero all along... I hope that comes across, especially considering how slighted Lex feels, and how doggedly in the right he thinks he is. Although by that logic, you can still extend that theorem to the other two main players.

What will happen to Lucy, given what she knows? Will Lex complete his plan against Bureau 39? Will Clark tell Lois everything - and I mean everything? Will the Superman persona survive, and if so, what will be his focus? Just how much will Lois let Clark get away with before she trips on something worse?
One of those questions will be partially answered in this chapter 49.

It's enough to envision a Hamlet-like Tank ending where only Bill Henderson and Lucy are left to tell the tale. 'Tis a grim task you've set for yourself.
Oooh. Don't tease me. I'm flattered and tempted all at once. I love Tank endings, though Lois' hair may be growing out instead of getting a chop. And there's a reason Hamlet is my favorite Shakespeare tragedy. Although, if I'm being transparent, I equally love Othello. devil

Although Miranda's "Honey-buns of Steel" comment was priceless. A new nickname for Superman! "Superman and his honey-buns of steel stop runaway subway train. Film at eleven!"
rotflol I love the idea of Lois slipping the term into an article, and the whole world loves it enough to make it a thing. Clark would naturally be humiliated that the world was only ever referring to him by his assets.
CLARK: Mom! I need my cape to be thicker! I don't want anyone staring at my rear!

Alternatively, I also debated the use of the term "honey Bunches of steel-cut oats" but ultimately liked this one better. goofy

Every time I think you've hit the highest peak in the tension, another one comes along to top it. Excellent tale, and well-told. Keep it up!

Thank you! High praise smile I worried a lot about stacking too much drama up, but I'm glad it's working out. Hope you keep reading and enjoying! I know we've come so far, but there's still a ways to go.
Posted By: Mouserocks FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 10/18/18 04:41 AM
And so, Act three ends, not with a metaphorical bang... devil

Hope you're all enjoying! Thanks in triplicate to Val for editing and re-editing this scene ad nauseum, and helping me keep some steam while keeping it (mostly) clean! Next Act will be starting without a break, so this Monday! I'll have a new thread dedicated to feedback for that coming soon. In the meantime, all comments and thoughts through to this act are welcome here!

Chapter 50 is up and ready to read. Enjoy!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 11/08/18 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by RJS
Disappointment. Your original story just lost its originality. Rewriting episodes is becoming cliche for this fandom. That's all there seems to be now even after twenty plus years of rewrites.
Good story but it's off in a direction that lost its appeal a long time ago.

RJS.

I highly recommend you finish this fic before assuming anything. There may be familiar characters and plot points as there are with many fics but Mouse has done something with them to put her own creative twist that goes way beyond a simple episode rewrite.

Waits patiently for Mouse to finish posting the rest so Folc can take her gag off and finally say what's been on her mind since she started Betaing this thing.
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 11/08/18 08:14 AM
Disappointment. Your original story just lost its originality. Rewriting episodes is becoming cliche for this fandom. That's all there seems to be now even after twenty plus years of rewrites.
Sorry if it disappoints. I did state from the get go that this story wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea... That said, I do appreciate you sticking around so long to read it.

First and foremost, just want to address the originality point... I appreciate the compliment, but this is fanfiction. There is absolutely nothing original about it. By definition, every piece will be derivative of the show, the comics, the companies involved etc. I may have put a new spin on it and I like to think that it's creative and entertaining, but even the twist I have has been done before elsewhere. If you squint, you'll see it.

Secondly, I personally am of the opinion that the same sort of events occur in every timeline. I think it keeps things fun and familiar to readers without following anything too closely. That said, and if you continue on reading, you'll see that I don't stick with the script very long for any of these plot points, and it's all in the name of setting up something else larger. Also, it's not the first episode I've tied in or mentioned. In that regard, no, I don't consider this an episode rewrite. It also doesn't take place in the same universe of the show.

I hope selfishly you do keep reading, whether or not you enjoy. smile It's a story I wanted to tell and it's a fun universe to explore. But, like I've mentioned many times, I don't expect everyone to enjoy it, so you aren't obligated to.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: OtLWD - Act 3 (35-50) - 11/10/18 07:10 PM
Sorry if it disappoints. I did state from the get go that this story wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea... That said, I do appreciate you sticking around so long to read it.

First and foremost, just want to address the originality point... I appreciate the compliment, but this is fanfiction. There is absolutely nothing original about it. By definition, every piece will be derivative of the show, the comics, the companies involved etc. I may have put a new spin on it and I like to think that it's creative and entertaining, but even the twist I have has been done before elsewhere. If you squint, you'll see it.

Secondly, I personally am of the opinion that the same sort of events occur in every timeline. I think it keeps things fun and familiar to readers without following anything too closely. That said, and if you continue on reading, you'll see that I don't stick with the script very long for any of these plot points, and it's all in the name of setting up something else larger. Also, it's not the first episode I've tied in or mentioned. In that regard, no, I don't consider this an episode rewrite. It also doesn't take place in the same universe of the show.

I hope selfishly you do keep reading, whether or not you enjoy. smile It's a story I wanted to tell and it's a fun universe to explore. But, like I've mentioned many times, I don't expect everyone to enjoy it, so you aren't obligated to.

Stay classy Mouse!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards