Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Poussin FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/18/05 05:04 AM
That was very short, but very sad, very poignant.
I felt the broken heart of Clark.

You definitely have to write more.You made me curious to know why Lois ran away, what is that she have to tell Clark and how they will be back together, because that can't ends like that. You have to find a way for Lois to come back.

More, please.
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/18/05 05:44 AM
This is very short but a great start. smile1

Poor Clark! frown I hope you decide to continue this.

Tricia cool
Posted By: ccmalo Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/18/05 06:51 AM
It's a bit short to get more than a sense of emotional atmosphere, but you've created that quite well, I think. smile However, the previous two posters felt only Clark's anguish but not Lois's pain. Now that may be all you intended, but if not, you may want to tweak the first paragraph in order to pull the reader into Lois's despair as well.

A grammar point: your first couple of sentences use the present tense and then you switch to the past tense.

good luck with your writing. smile

c
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/18/05 11:54 AM
Yes, I'd agree with Carol, Bgirl. smile Very nice start, and you write Clark's emotional anguish well. As she suggests, you can beef up Lois's sense of despair too.

I noticed the tense switches as well - fanfic should normally be written in the past tense, and in any case you shouldn't switch tenses. So convert those present-tense sentences - there are some in both sections - to past tense and you'll be fine.

This is a good start, but it's somewhat short. razz You'll notice that most people post about five or six times that amount, so that's what we're used to here. wink Give us more next time, and you'll get more comments. smile

Congratulations on starting your first fic!

Wendy smile
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/18/05 01:07 PM
Congrats on your first try at fanfic. I think you did great! I'm very interested in where this is going. I hope you decide to continue.

Jackie
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/18/05 01:41 PM
Hi,

Sad but beautiful! thumbsup
Posted By: Nicole S Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/18/05 02:08 PM
Hi!

I hope you intend to follow this up! smile1
Posted By: Onaleia Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/18/05 03:17 PM
A nice little germ of an idea. Next step would be to figure out what happened to cause Lois to feel this way. After that's done you can start working on how to help her resolve her feelings and return. During both of these segments I mention emphasis should be on Lois' point of view; she's the one with the 'conflict' in this particular plot.

I didn't really notice a discrepancy between the poignancy of your description of Lois' feelings and that of Clark's, but I shall yield to the majority on that. I think you've got a very good start, and I hope you can find a way to bring it to completion.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/18/05 04:54 PM
Ditto! Laura
Posted By: Julia Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/18/05 05:37 PM
Looks very promising. thumbsup

I hope you continue this. I'll be here reading, that's for sure.
wave
Posted By: Sheila Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/18/05 07:11 PM
Now you gotta finish! wildguy
Posted By: Bgirl2004 Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/20/05 12:58 AM
Thanks for your input everyone! I didn't want to post too much just in case I was really horrible at fanfic thumbsup But, since it seems to be going okay..........I will write more! I'm not promising it will be fast, but someday I'll finish it, and it will be a LOT longer! Thanks again (my english professor tells me about that tense thing all the time too...guess I have a problem with it lol...calling all betas...teehee)
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/20/05 08:36 PM
I enjoyed it. I felt so sad by the end, though Clark's POV was the one that pulled me into my "awwww whinging " conclusion.

I'm just going to say - dido to the above....but I shall repeat one part.

MORE!

smile

Oh, and also. Clark is such a lunkhead. wink
Posted By: Wanda Detroit Re: FDK first crack at fanfic - 10/24/05 07:41 AM
Don't keep us hanging!! Great and very emotional start!!

--Wanda ("I heart angst") Detroit.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards