Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: folc4evernaday FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/02/18 07:15 PM
Yes, I know I said I'd be posting the next fic around the 25th and it's well over that date, but you got a lot of really pretty banners out of it so I hope you guys aren't too mad at the delay.

Posting schedule should be around the same. Every Friday and possibly Tuesday. Depending upon how much begging I get I might post twice a week. rotflol

[Linked Image]

Teaser is up. FDK welcome as always.
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/02/18 11:42 PM
Oooo!!! I’m intrigued! Begging for more and soon! grovel
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/03/18 03:45 PM
Ahhh! She didn’t say yes! Come on, Lois! You love each other, what’s the problem?! More soon please!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/05/18 09:09 PM
Why didn't Lois say yes? Very curious, considering how well their relationship has been going up to this point. After all, Clark has met her mother, everything else should fall into place. Right?

Okay, on to another point:

“I know that Jimmy,” Perry grunted, watching Mayson and Henderson leave. “Now look we’ve got a little time. Let’s pull our resources and start digging into what’s going on here.” He looked out into the newsroom, “Lois or Clark show up yet?”

“Uh, no,” Jimmy said warily, “Lois called earlier said they’d be a little late getting in. Jet lag.”

“Okay, when they get in. Have Lois and Clark come see me.” Perry ordered. “I’ll make some calls and get a lawyer from Legal to come down to talk to us.”

“Chief, I can’t afford…” Jimmy stammered.

“Just breathe, son,” Perry reassured him, patting him on the shoulder. “Breathe.”

Awesome that Jimmy doesn't have to worry about the legal fees! But I'm a little confused, didn't Lois and Clark say they would be gone a couple of days? Flight time to Hawaii and back is a couple of days right there. Trust me I know from experience! dizzy
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/05/18 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
Oooo!!! I’m intrigued! Begging for more and soon! grovel

Hey Crazy_Babe! lol I'll get the next part up tomorrow.

Originally Posted by jackiek
Ahhh! She didn’t say yes! Come on, Lois! You love each other, what’s the problem?! More soon please!

Hey Jackie!

You know it can't be that easy, right? lol

Originally Posted by Morgana
Why didn't Lois say yes? Very curious, considering how well their relationship has been going up to this point. After all, Clark has met her mother, everything else should fall into place. Right?

Okay, on to another point:

“I know that Jimmy,” Perry grunted, watching Mayson and Henderson leave. “Now look we’ve got a little time. Let’s pull our resources and start digging into what’s going on here.” He looked out into the newsroom, “Lois or Clark show up yet?”

“Uh, no,” Jimmy said warily, “Lois called earlier said they’d be a little late getting in. Jet lag.”

“Okay, when they get in. Have Lois and Clark come see me.” Perry ordered. “I’ll make some calls and get a lawyer from Legal to come down to talk to us.”

“Chief, I can’t afford…” Jimmy stammered.

“Just breathe, son,” Perry reassured him, patting him on the shoulder. “Breathe.”

Awesome that Jimmy doesn't have to worry about the legal fees! But I'm a little confused, didn't Lois and Clark say they would be gone a couple of days? Flight time to Hawaii and back is a couple of days right there. Trust me I know from experience! dizzy

So, keep in mind they took Superman express so typical flight times wouldn't apply there.

This is going on Monday morning. I guess I should have specified the time jump better. confused Lois will be exploring all of that over the next few chapters. thumbsup
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/11/18 12:34 AM
I agree with Lois’ assessment. She IS a moron. goofy I hope her conversation with Lucy was able to knock some sense into her. Glad Clark is taking it so well.
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/11/18 02:37 AM
Oh Lois what are we going to do with you? Silly girl you better follow Lucy’s advice
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/12/18 02:10 PM
I agree with Lois’ assessment. She IS a moron. goofy I hope her conversation with Lucy was able to knock some sense into her. Glad Clark is taking it so well.

Hi Jackie! wave Thanks for commenting.

Yeah, Lois is a dolt but as we dig more into the fic you'll see her work through some of that. thumbsup
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/12/18 02:22 PM
Oh Lois what are we going to do with you? Silly girl you better follow Lucy’s advice

Hi Crazy_Babe! Thanks for commenting. wave

haha Yeah, she's got some stuff to work through.

Lucy gives pretty good advice though. thumbsup

Posted By: CarrieRene Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/12/18 02:53 PM
One of my favorite episodes with a folc4evernaday twist. I like how Lois keeps thinking about the proposal and how we met Dan in this series. I see he is still the same 'ole Dan though.

And where are Lois and Clark going at the end?
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/13/18 02:17 AM
I don’t mind Dan as much when Lois and Clark are already in a real relationship together. Glad to see Lois is still very much thinking about it.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/15/18 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
One of my favorite episodes with a folc4evernaday twist. I like how Lois keeps thinking about the proposal and how we met Dan in this series. I see he is still the same 'ole Dan though.

And where are Lois and Clark going at the end?

Hey Carrie! wave

Yes, Dan is the same ol' Dan but Lois isn't the same as when she first met him in cannon. I had a lot of fun writing his character though.

I don’t mind Dan as much when Lois and Clark are already in a real relationship together. Glad to see Lois is still very much thinking about it.

Hey jackiek! wave

Yeah Dan isn't nearly as annoying when LnC have their drama worked out, huh? He is fun to write though and he's still good at pressing Clark's buttons which you'll see in the next part. thumbsup
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/15/18 06:44 PM
Ooh!! This just keeps getting better and better! Lois better come up with and answer and soon!
Posted By: CarrieRene Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/15/18 08:49 PM
Okay the connection between Mayson and Dan is undeniable. I hope something happens between them and not them team up against our couple.

Just as Lois says she is ready, Mayson is in danger of course. Of course Clark to the rescue.
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/15/18 09:25 PM
Nice touch to link Daniel to Mayson. Makes us all assume that their original targets - Lois and Clark, respectively - are now safe from their interference.

Hope so, anyway. And I hope Mayson isn't injured too badly. Surely you wouldn't whack both members of our new favorite couple just to put a huge speed bump in front of our actual favorite couple. Would you?

Loved Lois blurting out "I can't cook" as if Clark were privy to her innermost thoughts and discussing the subject with her. Same with the question of children. And his puzzlement at her kangaroo logic reminds me of myself at similar moments. Even super-guys don't understand women, so I don't feel so bad now.

Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/15/18 10:36 PM
Loved part 3. Their conversation, insecurities and reassurances were adorable. love She’s ready? Lois is ready and Superman is needed? razz For some reason I don’t feel super bad for Mayson or Dan. goofy
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/19/18 06:29 PM
Yay for Feedback!!

hyper

Ooh!! This just keeps getting better and better! Lois better come up with and answer and soon!

Hi Crazy_Babe! wave

I'm glad you enjoyed this part. Yes, I hope you like the twists and turns in this one. Trying to stay on a schedule as much as possible with this one. More to come soon.

Okay the connection between Mayson and Dan is undeniable. I hope something happens between them and not them team up against our couple.

Just as Lois says she is ready, Mayson is in danger of course. Of course Clark to the rescue.

A connection between Dan and Mayson? confused A plan to team up agains LnC? devilsplat That's it you've been hanging out with Vicki too long.

Of course there had to be a good cliffhanger to keep everyone wanting more at the end. Lois is ready and Mayson needs rescuing. <sigh>

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Nice touch to link Daniel to Mayson. Makes us all assume that their original targets - Lois and Clark, respectively - are now safe from their interference.

Hope so, anyway. And I hope Mayson isn't injured too badly. Surely you wouldn't whack both members of our new favorite couple just to put a huge speed bump in front of our actual favorite couple. Would you?

Loved Lois blurting out "I can't cook" as if Clark were privy to her innermost thoughts and discussing the subject with her. Same with the question of children. And his puzzlement at her kangaroo logic reminds me of myself at similar moments. Even super-guys don't understand women, so I don't feel so bad now.

Hi Terry!

I'm glad you're enjoying this little fic. I'm sure Clark has found himself just as confused as you when he's been subjected to the jumping around of topics as Lois rambles on about something he SHOULD know in her babble-mode logic. help I think it's safe to say even Superman needs some help so you shouldn't feel too bad.

All these assumptions and only three chapters in. grin You've got seven more chapters. I'll leave it at this. There will be a lot of twists and turns you won't see coming and some you may. Enjoy!

Loved part 3. Their conversation, insecurities and reassurances were adorable. love She’s ready? Lois is ready and Superman is needed? razz For some reason I don’t feel super bad for Mayson or Dan. goofy

Hey Jackie!

Yeah, how dare Mayson and Dan need help when Lois and Clark are having an important conversation, right? razz Glad you liked this part. More to come.
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/20/18 08:08 AM
Ooh Clark I really want to throw a chunk of Kryptonite at you right now! This is not the way to convince Lois to marry you by shutting her out. You better shape up and soon
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/21/18 03:40 AM
Ooh Clark I really want to throw a chunk of Kryptonite at you right now! This is not the way to convince Lois to marry you by shutting her out. You better shape up and soon

Hey Crazy_Babe,

Yep, Clark is not doing too well in the romance department, is he? Hopefully he can get a clue so you don't have to throw Kryptonite at him. thumbsup
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/26/18 01:34 AM
Oh man! Clark needs some help getting his foot out of his mouth! wallbash
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 03/27/18 01:25 AM
Whoa temper temper Clark. I know he’s letting his guilt cloud his judgement and also his unfound jealousy over Dan encroaching on Lois even though Lois has clearly not given Dan any form of encouragement, but he could seriously do a lot of damage if he doesn’t calm down. Stop bottling things up Clark and talk to Lois
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 04/01/18 01:38 PM
Whoa temper temper Clark. I know he’s letting his guilt cloud his judgement and also his unfound jealousy over Dan encroaching on Lois even though Lois has clearly not given Dan any form of encouragement, but he could seriously do a lot of damage if he doesn’t calm down. Stop bottling things up Clark and talk to Lois

Hey Crazy_Babe,

Yeah guilt is definitely playing a part in Clark's behavior. I promise the next chapter is a little better.
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 04/03/18 09:13 AM
Ugh Scardino can’t take no for an answer and I’m surprised Lois hasn’t decided to deck him yet. Like how she’s dealing with him though
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 04/03/18 11:53 AM
Lol! Love how Lois is dealing with Dan. He totally deserves it. Love Clark reminding himself not to hit an injured man. There’s no need, Lois is making it pretty clear on her own.
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 04/03/18 05:00 PM
Scardino definitely is clueless. Or maybe oblivious is more appropriate. Wish Lois had handled him like this in canon; of course that situation was different.

Great new mantra of Clark's!

Hope Lois and Clark talk soon to understand the other's POV.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 04/06/18 06:14 PM
Ugh Scardino can’t take no for an answer and I’m surprised Lois hasn’t decided to deck him yet. Like how she’s dealing with him though

Hey Crazy_Babe wave

No, Scardino is definitely not taking the hint here. It would be fun to see Lois resort to violence but I think her way of messing with him is just what the doctor ordered in this instance.

Lol! Love how Lois is dealing with Dan. He totally deserves it. Love Clark reminding himself not to hit an injured man. There’s no need, Lois is making it pretty clear on her own.

Glad you are enjoying Lois' way of handling Scardino. Yes, Clark is about to blow his top at Scardino. I wonder who will have to calm him down? confused sloppy

Originally Posted by cuidadora
Scardino definitely is clueless. Or maybe oblivious is more appropriate. Wish Lois had handled him like this in canon; of course that situation was different.

Great new mantra of Clark's!

Hope Lois and Clark talk soon to understand the other's POV.

Hey Cuidadora,

Yes, Clark has a nice mantra and Lois is having fun. I promise these two do talk things through (sorta) in the next chapter.

Speaking of next chapters... Chapter 8 is now up. Enjoy and love the FDK. Keep it coming. thumbsup
Posted By: CarrieRene Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 04/06/18 08:38 PM
Ooh, I didn't think he was actually involved. I am glad Clark and Lois finally talked it out. He does need to stop shutting her out.
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 04/07/18 09:15 AM
Glad that Lois and Clark talked it out and Lois calling Clark our on his behaviour and that she let him know that his need to have a pissing contest over her is unfounded. Loved that Lois can totally see that Scardino is nothing but a jerk
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 04/10/18 12:00 AM
Ooh, I didn't think he was actually involved. I am glad Clark and Lois finally talked it out. He does need to stop shutting her out.

Who was involved?

Yes, Clark needed a gentle whack on the head to reel him in and remind him to quit shutting Lois out. Glad you enjoyed this part.

Glad that Lois and Clark talked it out and Lois calling Clark our on his behaviour and that she let him know that his need to have a pissing contest over her is unfounded. Loved that Lois can totally see that Scardino is nothing but a jerk

Hey Crazy_Babe,

Thanks for commenting! Yeah, Clark needed a gentle nudge to remind him where his real issues are but he's still not immune to the ribbing from Scardino. Now that he and Lois have talked they can sort the rest out together.

Glad you like Lois' take on Scardino. Having fun with this one.

clap

Thanks for all the FDK. New part is up. Enjoy!
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 04/16/18 12:23 AM
Haha of course Dan has to be the one to help save his life and now he’s staying? Obviously Lois loves him, now she just needs to accept his proposal! Hopefully sonner rather than later. Looking forward to the next one.
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Rules of Guilt - 04/21/18 12:02 AM
Haha of course Dan has to be the one to help save his life and now he’s staying? Obviously Lois loves him, now she just needs to accept his proposal! Hopefully sonner rather than later. Looking forward to the next one.

Hey jackiek!

Thanks for commenting. Sorry it took so long to respond. Let's just go with RL as my excuse there. whistle

Glad you enjoyed this one. Yes, Lois knows she loves Clark but she's got her hangups with relationships she still has to work through. Glad you enjoyed the Dan saving Clark part. I'm looking over the next part once more to make sure it's ready and getting it transferred to ubb code and should start posting by next week sometime.

wave

PS) The next part IS a NFIC one too!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards