Lois & Clark Forums
Hello all,

I must admit I cheated a little with the conditions of the challenge, which were to write an L&C fanfic based upon the song one had heard most recently. I couldn't recall what had been the last song I had heard before I read the challenge, so I decided to tweak the rules so that I would have to write a fanfic based upon the next song I heard. Well, the next morning, my alarm app wakened me to "Lord of the Dance." It seemed to me that no matter what story I wound up writing, it would be likely to offend someone, either because it would seem sacrilegious or else because it would seem proselytizing. I therefore decided to give "Lord of the Dance" a pass as the basis of a story. My current story, therefore, was based on the second song I heard after having read the challenge.

I'll admit that I am using the term "story" very loosely. This is really more of a snippet than a story, but it was the best I could come up with given the song I was "assigned."

As always, all comments welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn
Aw, Lynn, this was nice. smile

It seemed to me that no matter what story I wound up writing, it would be likely to offend someone, either because it would seem sacrilegious or else because it would seem proselytizing.

I had the same problem, which is why I haven't answered the challenge yet myself. XD Although, my phone did just ring recently, so hmmmm.....
Hi Queenie,

I'm glad you liked my piece. I am impressed with what you did come up with, the moreso since, being without lyrics, it was not, technically, even based on a song. Well done!

Joy,
Lynn
I enjoyed this. It could be what he was actually thinking. For a second I thought it was a song from the 80's "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Starship. I enjoyed this snippet though. Thank you.

Sometimes working without lyrics makes it your own.
clap Great, Lynn! I gotta admit, it makes me imagine Superman bursting into a musical number at the end of it, so it definitely lives up. Love it!
Hello CarrieRene, thank you. I'm glad this seemed in character for you. I'm not familiar with the 80's song, so I hadn't realized there was any potential for confusion.

Mouserocks, then my work here is done. wink

Joy,
Lynn
Lynn, that was beautiful! I love how excited he seems. Well done!
Hi NorstalgiaKick,

Thank you. I tried to have my narrative approach the exuberance and self-confidence captured by the song. If you haven't had a chance to hear Anthony Newley sing it, you can hear him here. I can never listen to this song without breaking into a huge grin myself.

Joy,
Lynn
Beautifully done, Lynn! I love how perfectly you've captured his enthusiasm in a few sentences. He FINALLY feels like he belongs! clap
Thanks, Cuidadora. It's definitely a new feeling for him.

Joy,
Lynn
Wonderfully done! You've really captured that adrenaline rush he'd be having at his first successful outing as Superman. And you've managed it in just a few sentences. Excellent story!
Thanks, Deadly Chakram. It was a fun piece to write, since trying to get into Clark's head then boosted my own spirits.

Joy,
Lynn
This is great! I can feel his relief and excitement.
Thanks, Jackie. It was fun stepping into his shoes (boots?) while writing this. It lifted my spirits, too.

Joy,
Lynn
Hi Lynn!

and now that my Superman character has met with a favorable debut, I should be able to settle down, finally.
Best Laid Plans…

Nothing can stop me now!
[Linked Image]

evil You certainly set him up to fall, huh?

wave Michael
Hi Michael,

rotflol Touché. Yeah, Clark's isn't at his best when he is "stoned"; is he? wink

Joy,
Lynn
Depends on the color evil

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards