Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/15/17 03:03 AM
Thanks, SciFiJoan and Mouserocks, for inspiring me to turn the usual aging discrepancy fic on its head!
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In - 04/15/17 03:13 AM
clap clap

Confession: When I first saw Brutal Youth when Lois was saying "All those years" I thought she was saying "Gray hairs" like he'd gotten gray hairs from the machine.

Anyway, this fit into what my mind was trying to convince me of years ago so it was a win in my book. smile

'Dying to fit in' smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In - 04/15/17 03:30 AM
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
clap clap

Confession: When I first saw Brutal Youth when Lois was saying "All those years" I thought she was saying "Gray hairs" like he'd gotten gray hairs from the machine.

Anyway, this fit into what my mind was trying to convince me of years ago so it was a win in my book. smile

'Dying to fit in' smile

Ha! Too funny! Misheard lines can be totally awesome like that. Glad you liked my take on it. smile
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In - 04/15/17 02:20 PM
Groan! Good one. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/15/17 08:59 PM
At least there was that, he mused. His super abilities were still intact and as potent as ever. He'd been afraid, when he'd awoken two days before - just a day after the incident with Veda Doodsen and her youth-transference machine - and found himself gone completely gray overnight, that his powers might have also been affected.

Considering what happened to him in 'Brutal Youth' this makes sense!

Funny story! clap
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/16/17 01:30 AM
Oy, that last line! My husband is the king of puns...I was just waiting for it after reading the title! lol
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/16/17 08:50 PM
Cute, really cute.
r/
Artemis
Posted By: PuffyTiger Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/17/17 12:20 AM
ha ha smile I enjoyed the aging flip too. Thanks Deadly Chakram!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In - 04/18/17 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Groan! Good one. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Ha! Thanks! I like the occasional "groaner" punchline. My husband literally face palmed when I told him though. wink
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/18/17 03:05 AM
Originally Posted by Morgana
At least there was that, he mused. His super abilities were still intact and as potent as ever. He'd been afraid, when he'd awoken two days before - just a day after the incident with Veda Doodsen and her youth-transference machine - and found himself gone completely gray overnight, that his powers might have also been affected.

Considering what happened to him in 'Brutal Youth' this makes sense!

Funny story! clap

Thank you! When I got the idea for this, I just *knew* it had to be related to Brutal Youth. Poor Clark!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/18/17 03:12 AM
Originally Posted by groobie
Oy, that last line! My husband is the king of puns...I was just waiting for it after reading the title! lol

I told my husband the premise and title/punchline and he face palmed. He thinks I "Mom Joke" way too hard. wink

Thanks for reading! laugh
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/18/17 03:14 AM
Originally Posted by Artemis
Cute, really cute.
r/
Artemis

Thanks, and thanks for reading!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/18/17 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
ha ha smile I enjoyed the aging flip too. Thanks Deadly Chakram!

Thanks for reading! Glad you liked the flip on the usual story! smile
Posted By: AmyPrime Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/18/17 11:09 AM
Nice job with the ambiguity of the first half.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/19/17 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by AmyPrime
Nice job with the ambiguity of the first half.

Thank you! It's always hard to gauge how well it works when you are already in on the punchline. smile Thanks for reading!
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/30/17 12:16 AM
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Just saw this after you mentioned it in the kerths! Definitely kept me on my toes for a second there, but it was so great!

Almost wanted this to happen for real though:

Lois reached the door and stopped cold. "Oh my," was all she said.

"What?" Clark asked, panicking slightly. "Did it turn my hair green or something?"

clap great job!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Dying To Fit In (1 /1) - 04/30/17 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Just saw this after you mentioned it in the kerths! Definitely kept me on my toes for a second there, but it was so great!

Almost wanted this to happen for real though:

Lois reached the door and stopped cold. "Oh my," was all she said.

"What?" Clark asked, panicking slightly. "Did it turn my hair green or something?"

clap great job!

Hahaha, that would have been funny indeed! Channeling his inner Joker, maybe? wink

Have to say, when I read your story, I really, really thought you were going for the reverse - that he was the one who aged and that's why he shut himself in. I don't know why, but when I saw you didn't go that route, I knew I had to! So, thank you! laugh
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards