Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram FDK: Through My Eyes (Perry White) - 02/26/17 05:44 AM
Not the end of the series. Toying with a couple of other viewpoints.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Through My Eyes (Perry White) - 02/26/17 09:37 PM
The public could worship him or villainize him as they see fit. Dad never cared much for how people viewed him as a person, only that they trusted his paper to give them the unvarnished, unbiased truth. As a result, the opinions of the masses have never mattered to me either.

Perry White will always be my own, personal hero.

WOW!
Originally Posted by Morgana
The public could worship him or villainize him as they see fit. Dad never cared much for how people viewed him as a person, only that they trusted his paper to give them the unvarnished, unbiased truth. As a result, the opinions of the masses have never mattered to me either.

Perry White will always be my own, personal hero.

WOW!

LOL! Thanks! smile
Posted By: Mike M Re: FDK: Through My Eyes (Perry White) - 02/27/17 04:04 PM
The board is beginning to fill up with introspective pieces and I for one am loving it. Maybe that means I am finally in the right frame of mind to watch Batman v Superman...

I figured you would go with Perry but always thought it would be through Lois' eyes or maybe Jimmy's. I never suspected Jerry's. Way to hit it out of the park!

Mike
Posted By: RJS Re: FDK: Through My Eyes (Perry White) - 02/27/17 04:43 PM
Your writing is always good. Characterization and content might bring out my judgmental side, but this is a much warmer, well presented character study. Dad's faults and vices are what make him endearing. Interesting.
The board is beginning to fill up with introspective pieces and I for one am loving it. Maybe that means I am finally in the right frame of mind to watch Batman v Superman...

I figured you would go with Perry but always thought it would be through Lois' eyes or maybe Jimmy's. I never suspected Jerry's. Way to hit it out of the park!

Mike

Thanks, Mike! Sometimes, it's far more interesting to look through the eyes of a much more peripheral character. Choosing Jerry was the natural, and more interesting, way to handle looking at Perry.

Good luck with Bats vs Supes. I know I'm the odd man out, but I was not of fan of the movie.
Originally Posted by RJS
Your writing is always good. Characterization and content might bring out my judgmental side, but this is a much warmer, well presented character study. Dad's faults and vices are what make him endearing. Interesting.

Thanks! I *thought* this one might go over a bit better with people than the Lois one did, if only because of how hardened Lois is (at the time of her piece) and the fact that she and Sam haven't yet made amends.

It's pretty hard to cast Perry in a bad light too. smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards