Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Sheila FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/05/05 11:26 PM
That was simply a sweet story. This was a new reaction to the big revelation for Lois. And the proposal...from her! Well, that is still going to take some getting used to. Anyway, simply fabulous! hail
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/05/05 11:55 PM
Susan, lovely resolution! smile Good to see Lois deciding what she wants and going all out to get it. wink

Great job for your first story! Now, send this one off to the Archive and get working on your next! goofy

Wendy smile
Posted By: SNL Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 12:32 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For someone who can not sleep - its 5:30 in London UK - a wonderful way to keep a buzzing mind active.

Please, please may we have some more.

SNL

PS - what about an epilogue to the epilogue?

Happy writing,

SNL hyper
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 05:47 AM
Susan

A great ending! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to your next story.

Tricia cool
Posted By: ccmalo Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 06:22 AM
Sheer bliss. smile

c
Posted By: IreneD Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 07:06 AM
Absolutely adored this!!

Okay, so you know you have to write another story now, right??

Irene smile
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 09:10 AM
Oh, I enjoyed it a lot. The epilogue was lovely - and as for the package from the Cheese of the Month Club... Great! Kudos! clap

Waiting for your next story,
AnnaBtG. smile
Posted By: LoisLaneWannaBe Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 10:22 AM
Sweet ending! Congrats on your first story! More soon please because you are a great writer especially with those descriptions!

~Lois Lane Wanna Be
Posted By: Nicole S Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 12:33 PM
I love this!! So sweet! I like that she knew the truth and let him come and tell her... but not before being honest, FINALLY, herself! thumbsup

Lois cringed as a flood of memories ripped through her, merging Superman and Clark Kent into one person. Horrible excuses matched up with heroic acts, disappearances matched up with appearances. Clark’s uncanny ability to secure Superman exclusives was no longer a matter of incredible luck.
Love the way you put this - nice!! smile

A great ending to a great story~

~NICOLE
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 12:58 PM
Aw that was adorable. Loved the Cheese of the month club ending. Laura
Posted By: gerry Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 03:32 PM
hyper hyper
Brava!

gerry
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 05:00 PM
Thanks for posting these together <g>

There was a lot to like in this. Again, great phrasing:

The sun refused to melt the ice that had frozen Lois to her spot.
and
Her eyes turned back to where her vision had clearly committed treason.
goofy

I love how the ending parallels the beginning.

Love of matrimonial proportions.
The two-word note at the end was just perfect.

So... when are you writing the next one? smile

PJ
p.s., it's "past" not "passed" smile
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 06:23 PM
Hi.

Congratulations! thumbsup
Posted By: It'sMeCaryn Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 07:59 PM
What can I say? That was wonderful. Loved the ending! smile1

Caryn
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/06/05 11:02 PM
what? its over??? how come? how come? i didnt even get started/// ARGH! i demand a sequel!

MDL.
Posted By: Jenni Debb Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/07/05 05:02 AM
Hi,

Loved it, and so nice to see Lois react more positively. smile

Yours Jenni
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/10/05 06:50 PM
Fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dance dance
Posted By: YConnell Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/11/05 10:05 AM
Perfect. smile Absolutely perfect. smile

And the best sentence?

Love of matrimonial proportions.

Sheer genius. thumbsup

Yvonne
Posted By: Sileas Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/14/05 09:47 PM
frigging the best piece of writing i've read on here. if this doesn't win an award, someone needs to be fired. are you professional?

a lot of the writing on here is too fast paced, all talk and not enough thought in people's heads, not enough description. this was excellently balanced, with imaginative, original descriptions and word combinations. and something I've never been able to do---A GOOD TITLE! someone else used the excuse of "cheese of the month" and it made me laugh, and here's a story with that as the title! wink very well done overall.
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/15/05 01:42 AM
Sileas - I'm nowhere close to a professional writer! I've never done any creative writing before. Thank you for your enthusiastic response to my story. smile

I really must thank everyone for your kind words. I am truly honored and humbled by your overwhelming support.

Susan blush
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: Cheese of the Month 5&6 - 09/17/05 03:53 PM
My apologies for not leaving feedback before this. I often wait until a story is finished these days before reading it.

This would have been remarkable even if it weren't a first story, and I really enjoyed it. I always wondered why, in the series, Lois didn't follow Clark to see where he went when he gave one of his lame excuses and ran away. It took the events in "And the Answer Is" to push her into it, which really wasn't in Lois's character. I'd think she should have gotten curious a lot sooner. I especially liked the ending, too. Instead of dithering around about the whole thing, she made up her mind and went after him.

I hope we'll be seeing more from you in the not too distant future. New writers are always welcome around here.

Nan
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards