Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: NostalgiaKick FDK- Changing Perspectives 1/1 - 03/03/16 10:30 PM
Feedback folder.

Every Thursday and Friday morning I have to get up before 6am (I am not a morning person) and drive my partner to work. It's a 45 minute round trip with dodgy radio reception, and some mornings my brain actually wakes up enough to get bored of the drive. This morning was one of those days, and this story is the result smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK- Changing Perspectives 1/1 - 03/03/16 10:34 PM
Sweet! I wondered if it was part of your on-going series, but I don't think you're to S4 yet. Also, now that I think about it, it's from Lois's POV and not Clark's. Been up since 5:45 this morning and my brain still isn't awake yet. laugh

Loved this intimate moment between Lois and Clark, even if most of it took place within Lois's mind.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK- Changing Perspectives 1/1 - 03/04/16 12:27 AM
Loved the look at their relationship from Lois' point of view. It's always so interesting to see how her view of Clark evolves, whereas he is a "love at first sight" guy. Well done! (I also wasn't sure if this is part of your ongoing series teview.)
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: FDK- Changing Perspectives 1/1 - 03/04/16 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I don't think you're to S4 yet.

Nope... still stuck in S2. The Scardino episodes are giving me trouble.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Loved this intimate moment between Lois and Clark, even if most of it took place within Lois's mind.

Thank you! smile

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
It's always so interesting to see how her view of Clark evolves, whereas he is a "love at first sight" guy.
I have to agree with you there. Clark falling in love at first sight is sweet and romantic, but I love the build up of Lois's feelings.

Thank you smile

Oh, and I've added a note to the story making it clear that it's not part of my ongoing series. Thanks to both of you for making me realise it could be taken that way smile
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK- Changing Perspectives 1/1 - 03/08/16 06:30 PM
Awwww clap clap clap. What a great piece! Loved this!

I fell so hard for their love story, as a teenager, when the show was first airing on ABC...

Clark...falling immediately for Lois. Understanding her, seeing himself in her. Relating to her and sensing how amazing that connection was. Being right there, patiently, waiting for her to be ready.

And Lois...scared, vulnerable, not trusting. Seeing Clark as only someone that can hurt her. S-l-o-w-l-y letting him into her life (without even realizing she's doing it). Working with him. Befriending him. Falling for him. Loving him.

Finding--in each other, together--so much of what they were both lacking.

It's so romantic! love...

You really captured that journey. What made me fall for this show--and what has me 20-some years later still completey enamoured with it notworthy.

GREAT!!!
Laura
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: FDK- Changing Perspectives 1/1 - 03/22/16 12:40 AM
Belatedly (sorry, been studying)...

Originally Posted by LMA
What made me fall for this show--and what has me 20-some years later still completey enamoured with it

Yup, it was that evolution of their relationship that really captured me as well. I'm a sucker for a good superhero show/movie anyway, but I loved the fact that it wasn't just a matter of 'hero shows up and instantly gets the girl' (though as I was a teenager, I'll admit that Dean's looks didn't hurt!)

Posted By: LMA Re: FDK- Changing Perspectives 1/1 - 03/22/16 07:18 PM
Didn't hurt in the least wink...

Laura
Posted By: folc4evernaday Re: FDK- Changing Perspectives 1/1 - 03/10/17 02:21 PM
Great synopsis of L&C's evolution of their relationship.

Strangers > Rivals > Partners> Friends> Lovers

Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: FDK- Changing Perspectives 1/1 - 03/15/17 12:45 PM
Thanks, Folc! smile

Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK- Changing Perspectives 1/1 - 03/15/17 06:52 PM
Ashamed to say I never commented on this story although, at the time of its posting I had fully intended on doing so.

There have been many fics which have Lois and Clark declaring undying love for each other only weeks after meeting. In some instances it makes sense, but give me a story that builds their relationship up slowly, say over 200 pages or more. Clark was the one more open to a relationship - until Lois flatly told him she didn't have time for one and before a certain superhero came along to slow everything down.

But here in a few paragraphs the evolution of their relationship comes together in a way we all can appreciate. Brava!

Better late than never!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards