Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KatherineKent FDK: What to Get 1/1 (KKBG) - 12/26/15 07:25 PM
So. This is the space to encourage her ...
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: What to Get 1/1 (KKBG) - 12/26/15 07:57 PM
Overall, it's a pretty nice short story. You know exactly what you wanted to tell us, and you did so in a straight forward manner. I also like that there's a nice and happy ending.

That evening Lois spoiled the turkey and it looked like a black brick.
Charcoal chicken? Yep, that sounds like one of Lois' recipes. I'm surprised the Kents didn't get a visit from the Metropolis Fire Department.

Clark went out after decorating to get his wife's Christmas present, but he didn't know what to get for her.
Hush, there's a secret: Clark always knows what to get everybody, especially what he needs to get for Lois. Lois usually is the one being clueless. wink It's kind of canon, really.

He looked all over the city. The very last shop had the perfect thing.
You know, you could have told us a bit more about Clark's quest for finding the perfect present. Which kinds of shops did he look in? What were his ideas for presents, and why didn't he get them instead of the ring he finally bought? How did he get to the city, and from shop to shop, mall to mall?

And: Isn't it always the last shop that has exactly what you need? (It is, trust me. Because once you've found the right shop, you don't need to enter another one.)

What you need to remember when writing a story is that, unless you tell your readers something, they just don't know. Of course, if you write down just about every little detail, it makes for a long story - and thus a lot of work. wink
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK: What to Get 1/1 (KKBG) - 12/26/15 10:21 PM
Katherine, tell us your daughter's name (or pen name) so we can talk her her properly. smile

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Isn't it fun to I imagine what happens to our favorite characters after the show ended? I like this happy little family that you've given Lois and Clark. The great thing about writing is that you get to make up a story that you like (like finding the perfect gifts for each other), and then when you share it with us we all get to enjoy it together. I could tell how much Lois and Clark and Rosaline love each other. And the scene with the takeout was fun, too. Clark should have offered to cook that turkey. Or maybe he let Lois cook it because he really wanted takeout for dinner. wink

Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: What to Get 1/1 (KKBG) - 12/27/15 05:12 AM
KKBG - Congratulations on writing another story! I liked reading about what everyone got for Christmas. I'm glad your story had a happy ending. smile
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: What to Get 1/1 (KKBG) - 12/27/15 06:21 PM
What a sweet Christmas story. thumbsup I enjoyed seeing the search for perfect gifts, and finding out what they were. Looking forward to your next story!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: What to Get 1/1 (KKBG) - 12/28/15 05:07 AM
That evening Lois spoiled the turkey and it looked like a black brick. She said, "It doesn't matter, we can have a take-out with Perry and Jimmy." And so they phoned them and invited them round. Jimmy loved the turkey. He had more of the take-out than anyone. Everyone stated to laugh because Jimmy was greedy.

Get Lois a serious cookbook .... one that comes with a chef!

Nice little story! thumbsup
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: What to Get 1/1 (KKBG) - 12/28/15 07:31 AM
EDIT: Posted this yesterday in the wrong spot. Sorry. blush

Wow. I'm impressed with Lois's sewing ability. A bullet-proof cape on her very first try! She's a keeper!

I'm not familiar with a Sylvanian Families house, but I'm guessing it's similar to Barbie's.

It was so nice of Perry and Jimmy to come with take-out rescue and save Lois, Clark, and Rosaline's Christmas!

A sweet story of family bliss.
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: What to Get 1/1 (KKBG) - 01/05/16 06:01 AM
Hey wave...

What a lovely story to read tonight! I like Christmas stories, and this one that you wrote definitely was really great smile.

I think the gifts that you chose for the three of them to receive were perfect. I can picture Lois, Clark, and Rosaline all being very happy with their presents.

My favorite part was the description of the cooked turkey--a 'black brick' clap grin thumbsup. Hilarious!

Great job--looking forward to more of your stories!
Laura
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards