Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: groobie FDK: The Showgirl's Tale (1/1) - 06/02/15 04:16 AM
TOC
Yes, I love musical theater. laugh
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: The Showgirl's Tale (1/1) - 06/02/15 04:52 AM
What fun! This Tale isn't one we'd expect, but it makes total sense. If anyone was going to see Superman in civvies, it would have been someone in the Metro Club.

My favorite line:
Charlie King was Superman.
hee-hee. I love that she thinks Charlie King is real though. clap Or that Superman takes odd jobs as a bartender to make ends meet.

I began to wonder if there was Chorus Line connection when I read:
I really need this job. Please, God, I need this job. I’ve got to get this job.
Great. It's stuck in my head now.

But after a while I caught on
I mean, I saw what they were hiring
I also swiped my dance card once
After an audition
And on a scale of one to ten
They gave me
For dance, ten, for looks, three
This was my favorite song from the show back in high school. Hmmm. I've got to add this CD to my list. Do they sell CDs anymore?

Originally Posted by groobie
Yes, I love musical theater. laugh
Me, too. It's probably why I write all those awful song-fics. wink

Fun reveal. Loved it! clap
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: The Showgirl's Tale (1/1) - 06/02/15 05:12 AM
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
This was my favorite song from the show back in high school.
Me, too. laugh Well, after all, I was my high school's baton twirler and have the T and A to pull off her roll - I *was* Val! LOL
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: The Showgirl's Tale (1/1) - 06/02/15 05:41 AM
What a great idea for a story notworthy...

And I love--that while an identity has been revealed, it is that of 'Charlie King' thumbsup. Perfect clap. Oh, and what I really got a kick out of was how safe Charlie's secret is going to be. One 'star' understanding another wink.

Great job, awesome idea! hyper

Adding seeing "A Chorus Line" to my list of stuff I really need to do...
Laura

Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: The Showgirl's Tale (1/1) - 06/02/15 10:21 AM
I am totally enjoying this series of answers to the Canterbury Tales challenge. smile1

I’m not going to tell anyone. Why would I? I wouldn’t want people butting into my business. It’s like being a star – just because I wear tights for a living and shine in the spotlight doesn’t mean I don’t want a little privacy at home. I’m sure it’s the same for him.

Val Clarke is definitely not a bimbo, she knows what will happen if 'Charlie King's' other job was discovered. Having privacy is important to Val and ...Clark Kent.

Nice little story.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: The Showgirl's Tale (1/1) - 06/02/15 10:39 AM
An excellent crossover and a fun story. Well done.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: The Showgirl's Tale (1/1) - 06/02/15 11:33 AM
What a delightful tale! clap

I love this:

Charlie King was Superman.

I’m not crazy. Think about it. Everyone has bills to pay. It’s not like he charges for his services. So he probably just picks up odd jobs here and there in places where people don’t ask a lot of questions. Makes sense, right?

Makes perfect logical sense.

I’m officially Val Clarke now
I never saw A Chorus Line, so had to look up Val Clarke. This is so funny Clark and Clarke.

What a great way to start the day with this tale!

Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: The Showgirl's Tale (1/1) - 06/04/15 03:30 PM
One hundred percent real, by the way. No silicon necessary.[/quote}

LOL! Love it!

[quote] but excuse my brain for not being able to think straight in the middle of all that chaos.

LOL! I can imagine!

Except he’s not normal, is he?

Oooh!

Just because pretending to be a bimbo meant earning larger tips doesn’t mean I actually am one. I have a brain. I can put two and two together.

<nods>

Everyone has bills to pay. It’s not like he charges for his services. So he probably just picks up odd jobs here and there in places where people don’t ask a lot of questions.

<laughs, chokes on tea>

Why would I?

Also, it draws attention to yourself, and you don't want that.

Awww, I'm happy she got the job!

Great story!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: The Showgirl's Tale (1/1) - 01/17/16 05:09 PM
Hi Susan!

I feel pretty good about my chances – I made it all the way through two rounds of callbacks, and I caught the director checking out my rack.
laugh

I hid behind the bale of hay that was sitting on stage
Yes, fire and a bale of hay. thumbsup

Just because pretending to be a bimbo meant earning larger tips doesn’t mean I actually am one. I have a brain. I can put two and two together.
laugh
LOIS: Three?

I’m not crazy. Think about it. Everyone has bills to pay. It’s not like he charges for his services. So he probably just picks up odd jobs here and there in places where people don’t ask a lot of questions. Makes sense, right?
He could also make money as a gigolo…

Nice one!

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards