Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: AntiKryptonite FDK: Quotable 8, 9, and 10 - 05/19/15 04:53 AM
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Quotable 8, 9, and 10 - 05/19/15 09:45 AM
I just finished reading Q8. I'm impressed. You are even able to make the reader feel sympathy for Trask. You once again illustrate J. Michael Straczynski's point that no one, regardless of how heinously they behave, sees a monster when they look in the mirror.

Brava,
Lynn
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: Quotable 8, 9, and 10 - 05/19/15 06:23 PM
Q8: Amazingly enough, you've made me sympathize with Trask.

Q9: Being in jail does leave Clark in a very vulnerable position. He can leave anytime, but that would lower Superman even farther in the eyes of the public, and if he were forced to stay for an extended period of time, Clark Kent's identity would be at risk.

Q10: Lex and Superman have more in common that they might think. Neither can ever give up control, no matter what. One does good and one does evil, but they're two sides of the same coin.

This is a very well-written story.
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: Quotable 8, 9, and 10 - 05/24/15 03:49 AM
Thank you, Lynn and Annie! I really enjoy writing these, making myself think through points of view I wouldn't ordinarily dare, but it is something of an experimental project - so glad to hear you're enjoying!
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: Quotable 8, 9, and 10 - 05/24/15 06:20 AM
I like your quick insights into these scenes. Loved how Lex viewed his heart as "compromised" - that was a great word choice. smile Trask definitely isn't evil - he just has a different perspective which, in light of the New Kryptonians later, isn't entirely wrong. I could definitely envision a whole story written with Trask as the protagonist.
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: Quotable 8, 9, and 10 - 05/24/15 07:06 PM
Wow--beautifully written, Anti-K clap hyper notworthy.

I (almost solely) focus all of my attention onto Lois and Clark--when watching the series, when reading fanfic. I don't even notice I do it. BUT, after reading these exercises, I feel like you've inspired me to look 'deeper' hail. See everything.

I really love the way that you write--your style is so unique. But I also love how, from reading just now, you are making me think.

Really powerful thumbsup
Laura

© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards