Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: NostalgiaKick FDK: What Perry Knows 1/1 - 04/15/15 05:00 AM
Feedback folder for What Perry Knows.

I should've mentioned that all credit for dialogue taken directly from the episode goes to Deborah Joy LeVine, and not me smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: What Perry Knows 1/1 - 04/15/15 05:07 AM
Loved it! I always did think that Perry knew more than he let on. And the vagueness of the "I know" scene has always been intriguing. At least Clark can rest easy knowing that Perry would never betray him.
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: What Perry Knows 1/1 - 04/15/15 05:53 AM
I also think that Perry figured out Clark's secret at some point and that he'd choose not to do anything about it. It's nice that Clark comes to him in your story, though, so that Clark can feel confident that his secret is safe in Perry's hands. I'm sure it would make him feel better about having to leave the newsroom for emergencies if he knew that he didn't really need to worry about coming up with a viable excuse every time. Though when Lois discovers the secret and realizes that Perry has known it for months, she's going to blow her top!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: What Perry Knows 1/1 - 04/15/15 10:10 AM
Ditto to what DC and Susan have said. IIRC, it was Anti-K who said something that cinched it for me about Perry knowing. The look on Perry's face when Superman asks Lois to go flying with him was more like he was giving his blessings to Lois and CLARK being together; if he had thought that CK and S were two different people, he probably wouldn't have shown disapproval at Lois' seeming fickleness, but neither would his expression have been so benevolent.

I hadn't, however, thought about the possible double meaning of this scene. The next time I watch this episode, I'll have to pay more attention to this possible interpretation. Well done!

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: What Perry Knows 1/1 - 04/15/15 03:16 PM
Well done! I like the last bit and the whole story has a good undercurrent.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: What Perry Knows 1/1 - 04/15/15 04:46 PM
Really enjoyed the story, NostalgiaKick clap.

And I agree, it was very creative to take the 'knowing' scene and create a double meaning to what Perry knows. I've always gotten a kick out of that scene--it is played out incredibly well by all of them--and now I'll be thinking of more than just the A Plot while watching it smile.

Clark and Perry's few moments together at the end was a great touch, too notworthy.

Wonderful job!
Laura
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: What Perry Knows 1/1 - 04/16/15 01:57 AM
The 'knowing' scene was one of the best exchanges between three very talented actors at the top of their game. I always thought Perry knew more about Clark than what he was letting on.

Thank you.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards