Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Queen of the Capes FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/01/15 04:09 AM
Story is Here.

Comments go here. smile

Hope you enjoy!
Posted By: Mike M Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/01/15 04:13 AM
Loved it! Obviously Perry is in on the secret. It is always fun when they gang up on Clark, especially when they get Jonathan and Martha in on it. He would never suspect them of complicity...

Mike
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/01/15 07:25 AM
clap clap clap

Great! Awesome--I really enjoyed it smile.

Wonder how long it'll be till Clark figures it out? Given all the 'crazyiness' that makes up the lives of Lois and Clark, I can't really blame Clark for not suspecting something.

And I really enjoyed all the little details as Clark investigates what could be wrong--trying to sense if someone is in their place, checking her head for bumps. Added a lot notworthy.

Wonderful job!
Laura
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/01/15 10:56 AM
A fun story! I wonder whether Jimmy and Perry know CK=S or, if not, what sort of story Lois gave them so that they would unknowingly play their parts. (I'm guessing the former, but Lois is sneaky creative enough to come up with something.)

Thanks for starting my day on a fun note.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/01/15 03:11 PM
rotflol

I could *totally* see those three pulling something like this once they were all in the know. Getting Bruce and Diana involved was just the icing on the cake.

Oh, and *still* laughing over the "pod-person" line.
Posted By: Tailee Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/01/15 04:00 PM
Literally laughing out loud (which is gathering me weird looks from the ppl around me).
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/01/15 10:36 PM
rotflol rotflol notworthy mecry laugh
That is tooo toooo funndy.
Just another Kerth away.
Artemis
cool
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/02/15 11:16 AM
Perry and Jimmy are in on the secret? Awesome! thumbsup

Thanks for the chuckle.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/02/15 04:32 PM
rotflol Very entertaining! You always find the perfect way to have Lois catch Clark's gullibility weakness. He's so honest, he can't imagine himself ending up anyone pulling such a prank on him. Of course, getting the Justice League involved just increases the mayhem. clap

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
A fun story! I wonder whether Jimmy and Perry know CK=S or, if not, what sort of story Lois gave them so that they would unknowingly play their parts. (I'm guessing the former, but Lois is sneaky creative enough to come up with something.)
I agree with Lynn. I'd love to know the backstory leading up to the joke (how she set it up). But as a great magician, I completely understand if you don't want to reveal your secrets. wink
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/05/15 01:52 AM
Bwah-hah-hah-hah!
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/05/15 06:44 AM
LOL...I could totally see the three of them keeping up the joke all day! It would drive Clark insane. Clones?! Time travel?! There are no end to the possibilities his mind could roll through to try and explain what's happening. wink
Posted By: DebbieG Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/06/15 01:21 AM
Thanks for the laugh! You had me fooled, too. smile
Posted By: Lady Loisette Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 04/07/15 05:01 AM
I did read this on April Fools, but I wasn't signed in at the time. This was a very fun little story. It was great to see everyone team up to play a little joke on Clark. goofy
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Just Another Day (1/1) - 07/19/15 04:31 PM
Hi Mary!
Working through some of the *cough cough* older material on the boards smile1

“So,” he said, dropping one last kiss onto her hair before turning to look at her screen, “you seem awfully busy for someone who's not supposed to be at work, yet.”
Writing naughty fanfic about a reporter and a Superhero?
LOIS: …and then Vicki sighed at the sight of Batman’s strong, masculine chest…

which I want you to look over before we interview Superman.”

Clark nodded. “Okay, I'll--” He paused. “What was that last part?” he asked.
Yes…?

“Superman,” his wife repeated. “I know he's a busy person, but Jimmy says he managed to corner him at a rescue this morning, and that he agreed to make some time to meet with us.”
I’ll have to confess to have noticed the timestamp of this piece, so…

Clark stared at his wife. “Um, Lois?” he began. “How could Jimmy have spoken to Superman this morning?”
JIMMY: Umm…umm…okay, fine, I was out with Penny for a very late supper.
PENNY: Some call it breakfast, my Superman!

“But,” Clark continued after a long pause, “I was sound asleep this morning!”
clap Sleep rescuing?
LOIS: Also, the reason why *Jimmy* got the lead.

Lois gave him a mildly annoyed look. “I know,” she said, “and if you want to get the exclusives, Clark, then you'll need to step it up and quit being such a lazy-bones.”
See?

He scrutinized Lois, and found no indication that she was unwell or had been replaced by a pod-person.
laugh So she does still have her broken-ankle bone scar?

“Lois, aren't you forgetting something kind of important?” he asked.
That he’s a really super lover?

Clark followed her, now beginning to wonder if he had, in fact, woken up this morning.
Woken. Yes. Still in the correct dimension? Well…
MXY: [Linked Image]

Clark followed behind, surreptitiously checking the back of her head for any bumps.
rotflol

Jimmy looked chagrined. “I'm sorry, Lois,” he said. “He just left five minutes ago. We were heading into the conference room when he heard a cry for help and took off. He said he'd try to drop by later, if he can.”
I do wonder how Lois got Jimmy to play along? Maybe just a trick to get Clark into the office?

“Um, Jimmy?” Clark asked, frowning at his friend, “what did this Superman look like?”
[Linked Image]

I'm going to go visit—er, call—my parents.
MARTHA: Oh, honey. Are you all right? This ‘Superman’, you say that you know him?
CLARK cat

“You already called his parents, right?” asked Perry.

Lois grinned. “Yep.”
rotflol

“Oh, speaking of calls, that reminds me,” said Jimmy, “Bruce Wayne is on hold for you on line 1, and there's a message on your desk from some woman who only called herself Diana.”
[Linked Image] What are *they* up to?

That was a fun one!

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards