Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/18/15 05:04 AM
Sorry I've been quiet for a while, but this monster has been sucking up all my free time at night after the girls go to bed.

Expect weekly updates, as this isn't fully beta'd yet.
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/18/15 06:24 AM
Wow..1 of 30?! Amazing! I'm so in awe of authors who can write so much and handle A-plot so well. And while I'm happy to see Lois agree to go out with Clark, I'm wary about what might be coming up with Lex and Lois in light of your warning. frown But I'm in for the ride. thumbsup
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/18/15 01:31 PM
I'm glad to see another Deadly Chakram story, and this looks like a good one.

A twenty percent solution of the pheromone solution? This could be unfortunate. I look forward to the next chapters.
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/18/15 10:24 PM
Completely and utterly hooked hyper hyper hyper...

And yeah, exactly where Groobie is--quite wary of the dinner between Lex and Lois coming up, now that Lex has been sprayed. I'm beginning to get an idea of what's to come shock.

Really enjoyed all the dialog between Lois and Clark. And so excited for Saturday's date party.

Love your work, DC, and really looking forward to the story. And it's a nice, long one, too clap dance grin. Can-not-wait!

Laura
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 05:24 AM
Originally Posted by groobie
Wow..1 of 30?! Amazing! I'm so in awe of authors who can write so much and handle A-plot so well. And while I'm happy to see Lois agree to go out with Clark, I'm wary about what might be coming up with Lex and Lois in light of your warning. frown But I'm in for the ride. thumbsup

Yeah, even *I* was surprised that it ran 30 chapters! Not all will be A-plot. There's plenty of B-plot to be found too. wink

Glad to have you along for the ride! (Nothing good ever comes from Lex, does it?)
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 05:28 AM
Originally Posted by Annie B.

A twenty percent solution of the pheromone solution? This could be unfortunate. I look forward to the next chapters.

Thank you! It's good to be back! Hope this story lives up to your expectations. Twenty percent - just like in the show. Oh boy!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 05:33 AM
Originally Posted by LMA
Completely and utterly hooked hyper hyper hyper...

And yeah, exactly where Groobie is--quite wary of the dinner between Lex and Lois coming up, now that Lex has been sprayed. I'm beginning to get an idea of what's to come shock.

Really enjoyed all the dialog between Lois and Clark. And so excited for Saturday's date party.

Love your work, DC, and really looking forward to the story. And it's a nice, long one, too clap dance grin. Can-not-wait!

Laura

Thank you! Glad to have you along for the ride. It'll be a bumpy one though... Hope you enjoy it as much as I had writing it!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 01:19 PM
You know I am a BIG fan! Goodness, I'm reading Contractually Bound again while we dig ourselves out of this latest snowstorm.

Very afraid of what happens next ....
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

Thank you! It's good to be back! Hope this story lives up to your expectations. Twenty percent - just like in the show. Oh boy!
I thought it was two percent in the show.
Posted By: Christina Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 03:08 PM
I always thought it was one!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Morgana
You know I am a BIG fan! Goodness, I'm reading Contractually Bound again while we dig ourselves out of this latest snowstorm.

Very afraid of what happens next ....

Thank you! Enjoy CB again. I still love that one. Be afraid of what happens next. Be very afraid.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 03:51 PM

After a quick script check, it seems to be one percent. I could have sworn I saw twenty somewhere. I might have to change it when I prep it for the archive. Not sure I'll have the time to do it for the board postings, plus I'd hate to confuse people with a sudden percentage change. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I think my punishment should be to watch PML again after the kiddos and husband are asleep. wink
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Christina
I always thought it was one!

Yeah, that's what the script says, now that I double checked it. I still can't figure out where I got twenty from!
Posted By: Christina Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 04:17 PM
I recall one story using a different percentage once., but I don't remember what it was called.
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 08:16 PM

After a quick script check, it seems to be one percent. I could have sworn I saw twenty somewhere. I might have to change it when I prep it for the archive. Not sure I'll have the time to do it for the board postings, plus I'd hate to confuse people with a sudden percentage change. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I think my punishment should be to watch PML again after the kiddos and husband are asleep. wink
You should keep it at twenty. That would explain the worse behavior.

Edit: Isn't it amazing how fanon becomes canon in our minds?
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Christina
I recall one story using a different percentage once., but I don't remember what it was called.

Hmm...not sure I've read many PML-related fics. I might have to remedy that sometime in the future.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 09:39 PM

You should keep it at twenty. That would explain the worse behavior.

Edit: Isn't it amazing how fanon becomes canon in our minds?

I thought about leaving the twenty. I might too. I think it works better with the things that are to come.

Yes - I agree about the fanon/canon thing. I can't tell you how many times I've be writing and went to check on some factoid, only to find out that it's not really canon!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/19/15 11:29 PM
I remember how badly her cat reacted to the stuff. shock Scary.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Seed of Doubt (1/30) - 02/20/15 03:27 AM
Originally Posted by Morgana
I remember how badly her cat reacted to the stuff. shock Scary.

Scary and evil. Just the way I like it. devil
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards