Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: AntiKryptonite FDK: Quotable 7/? - 11/04/14 05:55 AM
'Smart Kids' isn't my favorite episode -- or anywhere near the top -- but I always have liked the little bits we got to see of Clark's vulnerability during that last conversation with Phillip.

Hope you all enjoyed!
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: Quotable 7/? - 11/04/14 07:45 AM
Thank you for showing that Clark's / Superman's power to be a force for good is so much stronger than Luthor's power to be a force for evil. clap

Once again you've found the essence of the plot and of Clark's soul here. Well done.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Quotable 7/? - 11/04/14 09:57 PM
Definitely my least favorite of all the shows after 'Never on a Sunday'

But you managed to catch a moment where I feel sorry for the kid! Well done!
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: Quotable 7/? - 11/08/14 08:22 AM
I love that you took on Philip Manning and found inspiration in "Smart Kids." Of course it's no one's favorite episode, but I think that makes for an interesting challenge for authors - find a way to make people who didn't like the episode enjoy your take on the characters anyway. There's definitely a place to feel sympathy for Philip's situation and the scene you highlighted rightfully gives us insight into Clark's feelings as an outsider. Well done, Anti-K! clap

I would encourage authors to find the throwaway characters from the show (especially from the episodes most people didn't like) and dig deeper into their story, turning them into fully realized characters. There is a treasure trove of stories just waiting to be written. smile

Susan (who holds a special place in her heart for the Smart Kids)
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards