Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Queen of the Capes FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 10/13/14 02:26 AM
Story is Here.

Comments are love. grin
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 10/13/14 02:36 AM
LOL! I love it! Claude getting his comeuppance for stealing a story in the same way Lois learned her lesson! clap
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 10/13/14 02:56 AM
lol Fooled me! This wasn't at all what I was expecting by those opening lines. clap Terrific. Loved it! Thanks for the smile.
Posted By: Mike M Re: FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 10/13/14 03:10 AM
Just roared laughing. The intern part got me for a moment until I realized it was Claude and hence who the 'intern' was.

Nice story to read before heading to bed.

Mike
Posted By: MrsLuthor Re: FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 10/13/14 03:14 AM
Clever! I lol'd for sure. laugh
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 10/13/14 11:56 AM
Muffled curses echoed off the walls of the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation facility, partially drowned out by the buzzing of millions, possibly billions, of mosquitoes.

This was a great opening line!

Hilarious! thumbsup
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 10/13/14 11:42 PM
Oh--awesome!!! clap clap clap

Did not see that ending coming, loved it! Way to go, Lois and Clark hyper

Thanks--great idea smile
Laura
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 10/14/14 12:33 AM
You've written another fun, novel vignette. Brava!

My only complaint is the title. This morning as I was waking up, I had the idea for a short story, and when I read your X challenge, I immediately thought that, "X Marks the Spot" would be a good title for it. I then came over to the fanfic folder and saw that you had already used it. grumble Oh, well. I must admit that it suits your story better than it would have suited mine. I can't think of another "X" title that would work with my story, so if/when I write it up, it probably won't fulfill the challenge. Oh, well. Maybe if I sleep on the challenge, my muse might give me another story that will meet the challenge.

In any event, I very much enjoyed your story. Thanks for sharing it.

Joy,
Lynn

Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 10/14/14 12:46 AM
Thanks for the comments, everyone! smile

Lynn: "X Indicates the Area"? I wouldn't mind if you used the same title, and it certainly wouldn't be the first time different fics had the same title on the archives. Of course, you do what you feel is best, and if it means more Lynn fic, so much the better. smile
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 10/14/14 12:48 AM
<chuckle> Somehow, "X Indicates the Area" doesn't have quite the same ring to it. But thanks for the encouragement. I've already written and posted my ultra-short as, "The Shortest Distance."

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 10/15/14 12:04 AM
Merde! Lol...Claude deserved that! Thanks for posting the story and the challenge...you've inspired me to write a little something. smile
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 10/20/14 01:17 AM
Like others, I'm glad to see Claude pay for his crime.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: X Marks the Spot (1/1) - 11/09/14 04:31 PM
Hi Queenie!
I admit, I wrote this because I wanted to write a fic starting with X.
Good reason. Very good reason!

Did you know there's only one 'X' story in the entire archive?
Xavier Luthor? Xmas in Metropolis?

Muffled curses echoed off the walls of the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation facility, partially drowned out by the buzzing of millions, possibly billions, of mosquitoes.
hyper More mosquitoes than there are grains of sand on all the beaches of the world.

According to the map, the key to the biggest Superman scoop ever to be printed was just around the corner, in a spot indicated by a large, red...
I wonder what Ralph’s going to say when he figures out that nobody would place an actual red X on the spot the map indicates.
Wile E. Coyete: wave

was surely the reward for this filthy and miserable quest!
Maybe a piece of the horrid brown sludge, packed around a firecracker that’s hooked to a motion sensor?

He'd gotten an award for this story, he remembered now
OoooH! It’s Xross-Gender story hyper

only, someone had crossed out his by-line and written “by Lois Lane” below it.
thud Claude! rotflol So, there really could be a brown sludge bomb hidden somewhere around ehre.

There was also a photo taped onto the page, showing that cute but gullible intern, now older, sitting with a handsome man in glasses.
Huh. Why? What?

Both of them were apparently blowing raspberries at the camera.
confused

Claude stared down at the picture, then down at his ruined business suit. Neither French nor English had enough swear words.
[Linked Image]

Oh that is a fun trick they played!

Well done, Mary! clap

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards