Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: ShayneT Comments: In time, somewhere 2 - 07/30/14 03:45 AM
Obviously things are straying a bit from the original, but that's not all bad. I'm surprised so many Lois and Clark fans haven't seen Somewhere in Time. What do you think?
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 2 - 07/30/14 04:44 AM
I stayed up late last night watching Somewhere in Time again, as it's been years since I last saw it. It's on Netflix's Instant list (for anyone who hasn't seen it).

Ah, the photograph. That must be quite some hypnotic photograph if it has all the women wondering if he's looking at them with that look of love.

Interesting that Lois would fly from Michigan to Minnesota for an interview and then back again, instead of phoning. Then, again, she's a bit of a face-to-face type person.

Poor Clark arrived a hundred years too soon. So, does Lois somehow manage to go back in time? Does Clark really wait that long to meet her again? That's true love. What will he do, if he finally meets her in the future?

So, why doesn't Clark change from the suit? Is it because that's the suit he was wearing when she last saw him, or is there some other reason?

Is he caught in some sort of awful time loop and can only show up when someone's in danger? Otherwise crazily floating through time in one of those horrible clear time boxes (i.e. from Lois and Clarks)? I love that Lois found a photograph of him and his mysterious female friend, who just happens to have Lois's same (out of style for the time) haircut. The plot thickens.

I'm so glad you decided to write more. smile
Posted By: DebbieG Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 2 - 07/30/14 01:45 PM
Kind of melancholy at the moment; I'm hoping for a happy ending. wink It's an interesting take on the movie. I'm curious to see whether they ultimately land in the modern era or the past.

Well written, as always!
Posted By: Artemis Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 2 - 07/30/14 04:02 PM
Good story. Keep it coming, Shayne.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: Mike M Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 2 - 07/30/14 04:31 PM
Love it! Thanks for continuing the story. I was waiting for Lois to find a photo of Clark and the 'mystery' woman. Perfect place to end the chapter. I can't wait for the back story to be revealed.

I, like Debbie, wonder whether they will end up in the current time or the past but to be quite honest I really don't really have a preference either way.

I have updated the TOC to reflect the multiple parts and that it is not complete.

Mike
Posted By: mrsMxyzptlk Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 2 - 07/30/14 08:27 PM
I would rather have them end up in the present than the past - I think that Lois would have a hard time living back then with her modern sensibilities. I expect that Lois travelled through time and back, but Clark is just not aging and is waiting until she has her time travel adventure so that they can meet again. That doesn't explain the suit, though.
Posted By: Morgana Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 2 - 07/30/14 10:38 PM
Clark must be stuck in a time loop.

Please, please may the end of this story be better than the original. mecry
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: Comments: In time, somewhere 2 - 07/31/14 02:42 AM
So, is Clark a Kryptonian in this world? Is he stuck without Lois, not aging? Or is he just Joe Schmoe, regular guy?
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards