Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Helga FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/19/04 08:43 AM
I've just finished reading this on the archive, and I think it's fabulous.

I loved their costumes, and their conversations. And I was so glad Clark wasn't a lunkhead, and went after her and told her everything. smile

I'm now going to read it again on the boards...

Thank you,

Helga
Posted By: Gabriele Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/19/04 08:57 AM
You certainly susrprised me: I never guessed there would be two revelations.

Originally posted by Helga:
I loved their costumes, and their conversations. And I was so glad Clark wasn't a lunkhead, and went after her and told her everything.
I agree. A very WAFFY story and a marvelous Christmas present to all FOLCs. party
Posted By: avia Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/19/04 10:20 AM
At Last, smoochies!

And great smoochies too! laugh

Great ending, Wendy. I too was surprised by the double revelation but both were very well written and very believable and in character.

Such a WAFFy ending that I even regretted not celebrating Christmas myself for a minute or two. wink

I really liked the way Lois reacted to both revelations and that Clark was man enough to completely open up to her. thumbsup

And, okay, I can see why a sequel isn’t strictly necessary but I still wouldn’t mind an all WAFFy story from you in the near future. It could be a sequel or a stand alone, I leave that choice up to you. wink

I also, neglected to write this earlier but I really like this lighter side of your writing. Don’t get me wrong, I still expect warning if any of your future stories won’t contain the usual amount of angst wink , but I would definitely look forward to those.

Avia (now a little sad that this story is all done)
Posted By: Karen Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/19/04 10:29 AM
I finished reading this on the archive this morning, too, since someone hadn't posted it here yet. *glare*

The familiar voice jerked Lois out of her thoughts. Startled, she looked around her, acknowledging as she did so that she’d been walking along barely paying any attention to where she was going.

Darth Vader leaned casually against the corner of a building just ahead of her.
Good boy! *pets Clark* I'm soo glad to see you aren't being a lunkhead, and went after her as Vader. And it leads into such a lovely conversation. *sigh*

It was time, he’d decided. He’d revealed himself to her in one disguise, and she hadn’t torn him limb from limb. It was definitely time that he trusted her with his other disguise.
And not only do we get one unmasking, but two! I just love Lois' reaction to it, too. And such a lovely ending. *happy sigh*

Brava! clap Wonderful, Wendy, absolutely wonderful.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/19/04 10:54 AM
Aw Wendy this was the best birthday present yet! Thanks again for such a lovely story by my favorite folc author. Laura
Posted By: Simona Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/19/04 11:09 AM
thumbsup

Simona smile
hi

Thank you for this great present....it was the best present ever.

Two revelations and loveeeeeee blush

Great story.

.....oh..and, Merry Christmas to you too.

Karla
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/19/04 11:16 AM
lol

There's that Darth Vadar picture with a twist.

[Linked Image]

And there's me happily melting into a puddle.

Great finish!
JD
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/19/04 11:39 AM
Just dropping in briefly to say that if you haven't looked at the final post here, as opposed to the archive, or read it here more than about an hour ago, take another look - John created a pic for me which sort of suits the story. wink

Wendy smile
thumbsup
Posted By: Sira Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/19/04 02:02 PM
YEEEEEEESSSS! We got the Christmas revelation AND smoochies! I can't believe it! I was already grinning like a very happy idiot when Darth was revealed as Clark. But then I read the word 'alley', and it felt like my face was going to split up! Honestly, I didn't think it possible, but Wendy did it!

And pic was just great! clap
Posted By: Karen Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/19/04 03:00 PM
*dies laughing at the picture* I'm sorry, I'm sorry... but I'm seeing Dark Helmet when I look at that, not Clark as Vader. OMG
rotflol
rotflol
rotflol

It's the glasses, I swear. (for those who don't know, Dark Helmet was the Vader-type character in Spaceballs, played by Rick Moranis)
Hi,

Great story. wave
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/19/04 03:59 PM
I've already told you how much I love this story, Wendy, but I had to mention that picture... goofy Tell John he's a genius <g> He even got the right expression on Clark's face...

Too funny.

PJ
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

LOVED it!! It was cold and warm and mushy and sweet..I will float to sleep tonight thinking about it! wink

~Liz
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/19/04 11:24 PM
drool

Sweet end! blush

Jose hyper
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/20/04 01:25 AM
Wendy

You already know how much I love this story. smile
It's excellent. smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: IreneD Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/20/04 02:22 AM
Loved it!!

Lots of fun, great revelation(s), and wonderful kisses.

Irene
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 12/20/04 07:43 AM
Lol! Love the pic.

Still, Clark showed a lot of sense. I can just see our Clark going home and stewing over the mess he's created, but not able to figure out what to do about it. At least this one had the sense to realize what was important! I was also pleased to see that Lois didn't mess things up by getting angry and hurling all kinds of hurtful accusations at him. All in all, a very waffy Christmas revelation.

Nan -- who's great great great (not sure how many greats in there) aunt was the ancestress of Susan B. Anthony).
Originally posted by Nan:
Still, Clark showed a lot of sense. I can just see our Clark going home and stewing over the mess he's created, but not able to figure out what to do about it.
What I expected he'd do was agree to stay for the unmasking -- then reveal Darth as Superman. evil
Ooo I loved the story wendy, I'm just a big puddle of goo. And the pic of clark and darth vader rotflol rotflol Nice touch.

Rach
Posted By: SuperRoo Re: FDK: The Dark Side of Christmas - FINAL - 01/01/05 10:51 AM
Oh dear. I forgot about the final part of this story - smacks self.

I was reading the Cluechie Quiz Resurrected thread and then thought...hey I don't remember that happening. I couldn't believe that I forgot to read part three when it was posted.

Gee Wiz.

Well you know what kid, I loved it. Little pink hearts, red ones too, baby kittens and soft mittens - all your happy sappy stuff whirled in my heart. I loved it. WAFFY!!!! I've never used that word before.

I love revelations and when Lois and Clark get together. Those are my favourite stories.

Originally posted by Helga:
I loved their costumes, and their conversations. And I was so glad Clark wasn't a lunkhead, and went after her and told her everything.
Avia (now a little sad that this story is all done)
I agree too!

What a lovely story, where Clark is not a lunkhead and Lois is not Mad Dog!
Just perfect for a rainy day at home

Simona
Well put!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards