Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Kaethel Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 09/28/04 02:12 PM
Awwww. That was so sweet. blush I love how she realised she loved him, and I love how he admitted he loves her so much he can't put it in words. The solution was clever, too, but what I liked best was the last few lines and the reference to TOGOM! laugh Smooth!!

Kaethel smile
Posted By: Melisa Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 09/28/04 02:25 PM
Very sweet and funny. Thank you Tank for coming up with the idea, and thank you Wendy for fixing it. thumbsup

Melisa
Posted By: Meredith Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 09/28/04 03:47 PM
Awwww, Wendy, that was lovely! You certainly made it look easy. wink

She ran her fingers through her long hair. That was the one part of her new life which she’d actually found that she liked - the long, free-flowing style really suited her and, she thought, was very comfortable to wear.

But a new hairstyle was far from compensation for everything she’d left behind.
thumbsup

Mere smile
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 09/28/04 05:33 PM
Hi,

Cute story. hyper
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 09/28/04 07:46 PM
Awwwwww..great finish! clap

How do you whip that up so fast??

~Liz
Posted By: Laurach Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 09/28/04 09:00 PM
LOL on that last line! Good fix Wendy. Laura
Posted By: Julie S Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 09/28/04 11:28 PM
You had me in tears, Wendy. mecry

I love it, the way she looks at her memory box is just so touching, and captures perfectly her homesickness even without Clark there. Course, once he's there, it gets even better. <g>

Julie smile
Posted By: daneel Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 09/29/04 01:29 AM
They get a good solution, but I hope nobody else knows it!! goofy

Jose hyper
Posted By: Tank Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 09/29/04 03:57 AM
I see that Wendy forgot to add the last few lines to her part of the story. I'll be a good guy and add them back in for the gentle readers.

... Suddenly Clark, even though he was Superman, was nearly blinded and deafened by the bright flash and instantaneous boom of the massive lightning strike. Once his vision cleared he looked down at his precious bundle.

"Lois, I ... oops."

Clark had known that lightning was an unpredictible force of nature, but he was unprepared for what had happened. He glided swiftly to ground and gently laid the charred corpse of Lois Lane on the soft grass at his feet.

"Gee," he began, confusion in his voice. "It worked with Waldecker."

Tank (who is always ready to help out)
Great part, Wendy!! thumbsup thumbsup I can't believe you came up with it and wrote it in such a short amount of time!

Fantastic!!

Your turn to set up a T&W challenge fic now, huh? wink

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

P.S.:

... Suddenly Clark, even though he was Superman, was nearly blinded and deafened by the bright flash and instantaneous boom of the massive lightning strike. Once his vision cleared he looked down at his precious bundle.

"Lois, I ... oops."

Clark had known that lightning was an unpredictible force of nature, but he was unprepared for what had happened. He glided swiftly to ground and gently laid the charred corpse of Lois Lane on the soft grass at his feet.

"Gee," he began, confusion in his voice. "It worked with Waldecker."
No comment rotflol
Posted By: Karen Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 09/29/04 06:25 AM
I love the "fix", Wendy, especially the idea of sharing Clark's powers with Lois. I laughed at the Argentina line.

And Tank, you're an evil evil man. It's no wonder that they're called *Tank* endings! lol
Posted By: TicAndToc Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 09/29/04 09:42 AM
Wow, Wendy! On IRC the other night you said it'd be no problem, with just a sketchy outline of what Tank had set up... your quick brain amazes me!! You do such a nice job of making your fixes seem as if they were always intended to be part of the original story.

I wouldn't have thought of the Ultrawoman angle... I'd probably have had Intergang diluted, rounded up, disbanded, and neutralized. Too predictable, though, right?

And I have no doubt you'd be able to overcome Tank's little addition here in the FDK... maybe a dream sequence of Lois'? Superman or no Superman, I'd be pretty nervous of lightning and what it might do to me...

Curses, Tank, foiled again? Or not...? What else have you got planned for Wendy and our duo? I guess it's a good thing you're retired, or there'd be a lot more of this sort of thing around here. laugh
Posted By: tipiwoman Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 10/06/04 07:05 PM
Awww Wendy, this was such a good ending. Not Tanks! grin.

I just loved this whole story, her getting shot and hit, moving, not liking the neighbors, the box under the bed, missing Clark, him coming to find her and then the great idea of sharing his powers. what a neat idea. I don't think anyone has written stories on that theme have they? Of course I'm only into the M's I think!

Anyway. it was great.
Nancy
Posted By: TriciaW Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 10/09/04 07:06 PM
Wendy

An excellent response! smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 10/13/04 04:36 PM
Speaking of replying to comment folders - as I was elsewhere on these boards - I just remembered that I hadn't replied to this yet. Sorry, guys! frown

I'm really glad that you liked the solution. As Janet mentioned, I thought of the way out even before I'd finished reading Tank's part 1. I was on IRC at the time and several people there had already read it and were asking how I thought I'd get out of it, so I told them I already knew how. goofy This was rather easier than Tank's usual challenges!

Oh, and of course I couldn't resist the TOGOM dig! goofy

I'm also pleased that some of you mentioned Lois's treasure box. Even though she was in the witness protection programme, I couldn't see her not taking some keepsakes and mementoes with her.

As for Tank's epilogue... [Linked Image]

And some of you asked about the next challenge. Of course, it's my turn now. So all I can say is: Tank, be afraid. Be very afraid... [Linked Image]

Wendy smile
Posted By: Trenna Re: Feedback - Desperate Reporter 2/2 - 12/14/04 03:31 PM
Sorry this is SOOOOOO late, but I just read this on the Archive and wanted to respond

By now a LOT of people have probably seen Desperate Housewives.

I loved the story and won't be able to watch the TV show again without thinking that Susan is Lois Lane in the Witness Protection Program. laugh

Rumor has it that Clark Kent will be turning up soon as her brother too wink
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards