Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Ultra Lucille FDK: Camembert - 11/06/13 07:18 AM
Please post feedback for Camembert here. Any and all comments are greatly appreciated! smile1

I hope you enjoyed the story!
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/06/13 10:13 AM
clap Oooooh. Good one, Lois! You got him, and got him good. He *should* have known that. laugh

It does make you wonder why all the writers on the show became so obsessed with cheese in S2-S3. rotflol

Fun vignette. Keep 'em coming. laugh
Posted By: Ultra Lucille Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/06/13 01:31 PM
VirginiaR: Thanks so much for the feedback!

clap Oooooh. Good one, Lois! You got him, and got him good. He *should* have known that. laugh
I *did* think there was a certain amount of the plot calling the kettle black here...

Plus, the cheese reference really was too good to resist! <g>

Fun vignette. Keep 'em coming. laugh
I'm glad you liked it! I'll do my best smile
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/06/13 11:09 PM
Great story! Loved how you thought to shove one of Clark's all-time lamest excuses right back towards him clap ...loved the irony--and the fact that he didn't see it coming!

“Seriously, though, Lois,” he said, catching her gaze. “Why all of the lame excuses? Why are you using *cheese* of all things as a diversion tactic to avoid talking to me?”

Lois gave him a strange look that he wasn’t quite able to interpret. The closest he could come was total exasperation mixed with a heavy dose of irony. “Really, Clark??” she asked disbelievingly. “I mean, *REALLY*??”
Loved how Clark actually asked her about HER lame excuses--and after two years of Lois hearing about dentist appointments, late videos, cheese memberships, etc.---she finally has the upper hand dance

Really creative--thanks for sharing!
Laura
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/07/13 03:17 AM
Haha, I love it! That last line was just perfect.
Posted By: Shallowford Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/07/13 04:32 AM
Perfect harpoon! Thanks for the chuckle.

I'm hearing Martha saying, "Well honey, you HAD to know she would look it up. Relax. If she's making jokes about it she can't be all that mad after all."
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/07/13 05:40 AM
I read this yesterday, but it was on my phone and I couldn't really reply. Ever since I've been meaning to come back because this was really, really well done. It's well written, well paced, and it ends on a high (and highly amusing) note. Bravo! thumbsup
Posted By: Marcus Rowland Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/07/13 01:24 PM
Mmmm... Cheese, Gromit!

Nice story, and good to see Clark caught in a trap of his own making.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/07/13 02:56 PM
thumbsup Ha! Clark should have seen that one coming!
Posted By: Ultra Lucille Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/07/13 09:19 PM
Laura: Thanks for your comments!

Great story!
Thanks! smile1

Loved how you thought to shove one of Clark's all-time lamest excuses right back towards him clap ...loved the irony--and the fact that he didn't see it coming!
He *did* seem to be kind of asking for it…

Loved how Clark actually asked her about HER lame excuses--and after two years of Lois hearing about dentist appointments, late videos, cheese memberships, etc.---she finally has the upper hand dance
It did seem like fair turnabout. But you certainly have a point; her excuses were never any better! That one about choco-choco-monster-chip ice cream was indubitably just as bad as the cheese-of-the month subscription!
Posted By: Ultra Lucille Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/07/13 09:22 PM
NostalgiaKick: Thanks for the feedback!

Haha, I love it! That last line was just perfect.
Thanks! I will admit, that last line was the genesis of the story...
Posted By: Ultra Lucille Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/07/13 09:23 PM
Shallowford: Thank you for your comments!

Perfect harpoon! Thanks for the chuckle.
Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I'm hearing Martha saying, "Well honey, you HAD to know she would look it up.
rotflol That’s brilliant! I can totally see it!

Relax. If she's making jokes about it she can't be all that mad after all."
Martha really *is* the perfect mother.
Posted By: Ultra Lucille Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/07/13 09:24 PM
Sue: Thanks for leaving feedback!

Ever since I've been meaning to come back because this was really, really well done. It's well written, well paced, and it ends on a high (and highly amusing) note. Bravo! clap
Wow! Thanks!!! blush
Posted By: Ultra Lucille Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/07/13 09:26 PM
Marcus: Thanks for the feedback!

Mmmm... Cheese, Gromit!
clap Wow, I haven’t seen that movie in years! It brings back so many memories… You’re right; Wallace’s obsession with cheese totally correlates here!

Nice story, and good to see Clark caught in a trap of his own making.
I did rather enjoy the irony evil
Posted By: Ultra Lucille Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/07/13 09:29 PM
Morgana: Thank you for leaving feedback!

Ha! Clark should have seen that one coming!
I wholeheartedly agree!
Posted By: mrsMxyzptlk Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/08/13 04:01 PM
rotflol Love it!
Posted By: Ultra Lucille Re: FDK: Camembert - 11/09/13 09:21 PM
mrsMxyzptlk:

rotflol Love it!
Thanks! cool
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Camembert - 12/02/13 01:01 PM
Hi Lucille!

She could almost feel the knee-deep rut she was wearing into her brain cells.
So, *that’s* the explanation for the entire Amnesia/Deter-mess towards the end of Season 3.

It made her feel stupid. Almost galactically so.
[Linked Image]

Lois chuckled. Despite her best efforts, the sound came out rather too high and strained to sound genuine. “Of course not,” she avered, unconvincing even to her own ears. “Avoid it? No, not trying to avoid it --”
LOIS: Oooh! Is that a bank robbery over there?

After one glance, she simply tucked the covering back over this obvious plea for food poisoning. She had learned a thing or two after her experience with Ralph’s Pagoda.
/points at Recipe for Disaster/

“Seriously, though, Lois,” he said, catching her gaze. “Why all of the lame excuses? Why are you using *cheese* of all things as a diversion tactic to avoid talking to me?”

Lois gave him a strange look that he wasn’t quite able to interpret. The closest he could come was total exasperation mixed with a heavy dose of irony. “Really, Clark??” she asked disbelievingly. “I mean, *REALLY*??”
wave Michael
Posted By: Ultra Lucille Re: FDK: Camembert - 12/05/13 08:16 AM
Hi Michael!

Lois chuckled. Despite her best efforts, the sound came out rather too high and strained to sound genuine. “Of course not,” she avered, unconvincing even to her own ears. “Avoid it? No, not trying to avoid it --”
LOIS: Oooh! Is that a bank robbery over there?
laugh Being in on the secret sure gives her a whole new dimension of potential distraction tactics!

After one glance, she simply tucked the covering back over this obvious plea for food poisoning. She had learned a thing or two after her experience with Ralph’s Pagoda.
/points at Recipe for Disaster/
Ha! Yes, I'll bet she learned a few things there, too.

Another fun one!
Thanks!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards