Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: VirginiaR FDK - All In A Name (1/1) - 03/04/13 12:14 PM
Yes, I know this is a semi-Christmas story (at least, timeline wise), but it got delayed because I hadn't come up with the proper ending. The ending here is slightly different than over on the Nfic boards, where I was informed the newest Baby Kent's name wasn't obvious enough.

Let me know what you think. smile1 Comments appreciated, and feed the writer's soul.

All In A Name (Gfic) TOC
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK - All In A Name (1/1) - 03/04/13 02:30 PM
Cute. Love the reference to Super Hero Anonymous meetings.

Joan
Posted By: John Lambert Re: FDK - All In A Name (1/1) - 03/04/13 04:03 PM
“It would be especially bad if your secret identity were blown. We’d have to change his name as well as yours,” Lois said. “Anyway, I like you being unique.” She didn’t want both “Clarks” come when she called to one of them, or neither, thinking she was calling to the other.
I think that should be "both "Clarks" to come".
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - All In A Name (1/1) - 03/05/13 06:52 PM
Joan: Thanks for the feedback. laugh
Cute. Love the reference to Super Hero Anonymous meetings.
Glad you enjoyed that glimpse into Clark's social life. wink

John: Thank you for the quick edit. All fixed.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK - All In A Name (1/1) - 03/05/13 06:58 PM
AS I said on the other side of the boards, great fun! I totally get the "baby name angst" - being in the beginning stages of that myself. Love the edit you made to the end - it was a bit ambiguous on the nfic boards. Works a lot better here, so, thanks for that. smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - All In A Name (1/1) - 03/07/13 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
AS I said on the other side of the boards, great fun! I totally get the "baby name angst" - being in the beginning stages of that myself. Love the edit you made to the end - it was a bit ambiguous on the nfic boards. Works a lot better here, so, thanks for that. smile
Thanks. I like the other ending line though. smile1
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK - All In A Name (1/1) - 03/12/13 08:31 AM
Actually, Lane James Kent is a good name. It gives us a chance to remember a wonderful character and the great actor who portrayed him.

Just a thought.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - All In A Name (1/1) - 03/12/13 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Morgana:
Actually, Lane James Kent is a good name. It gives us a chance to remember a wonderful character and the great actor who portrayed him.

Just a thought.
Morgana: Thanks for the suggestion. If you remember, Lois DID think that was a good name (as did I). But one thing I always made sure of when I was picking out names for my offspring, is that it's good to have something you can yell when someone has cut up your new curtains while playing with scissors, (Sadly, a true story), or when one is on a crowded playground and it's time to go home and your little tike is blissfully ignoring you (a common occurance). Lane James while a good name, trips one's tongue.

I'm going to assume the actor and character to whom you are referring is Lane Smith, who portrayed Perry White, and who has sadly passed away, and not Lane Davies who portrayed Tempus and is still alive. laugh
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK - All In A Name (1/1) - 03/12/13 12:01 PM
Lane Smith definitely!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards