Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Vicki FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 01:52 AM
Cute story, Mary! goofy

I enjoy your Martha & Lara stories. Keep 'em coming! thumbsup

- Vicki
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 03:04 AM
“See?” said Martha, “Now that’s what I mean. Photography is not art; anybody and their brother can just pick up a camera and start snapping pictures. Mom and Dad have TONS of photos of us; are you going to say they’re artistic geniuses?”

“Martha, it’s more complicated than that; real photography has a kind of process to it. The light has to be a certain way; you have to decide whether to use color film or black and white…and then there’s subject. Some of those photographers had a really good eye! It’s not just something anybody can do, unlike Modern Art.”
They both have a point but, the photojournalist in me couldn't help but jump out at Martha's comment: Photographers are arstists... even Modern Artists sometimes laugh .

I had a real good time reading this light spirited story smile1
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 04:03 AM
LOL These two are too funny -- I enjoyed the art squabble, but I think my favorite bit was this:

The mugger swallowed and, for lack of a better plan, waved his gun at them. “You kids s-stay back! Hear?”

Martha gasped. “Oh no, Lara! He is going to shoot us! What EVER shall we DO?”

Lara brought a hand to her cheek. “Oh, if ONLY we were---I dunno---bullet-proof super-powered semi-Kryptonians or something!”

“Oh wait a minute, we ARE!”
rotflol

PJ
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 05:17 AM
smile1
Posted By: YellowDartVader Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 05:38 AM
That was so funny!!! I LOL'd the whole way! I love Lara's description of the movie and Martha's answers -- like it was so totally logical :p

Great story thumbsup . Will we see more with the twins??

- Laura smile
Posted By: Mister Data Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 06:14 AM
notworthy notworthy jump

James
Posted By: Hazel Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 07:02 AM
These two are hilarious. How wonderful to see a healthy, happy next gen family.

And LOL at the final punchline. Pam already quoted my fav line too. smile

More Martha and Lara!

Hazel
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 08:33 AM
LOL
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 08:44 AM
hyper
Posted By: Nan Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 09:40 AM
Lol! Now that's the kind of short story I like.

Nan
Posted By: Bumpkin Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 11:57 AM
Mary,

I just caught up with all three of your little ficlets and I have to say that you have a talent for delivering little zingers.. sweet and to the point smile Funny too which always helps. Keep em coming! I am enjoying them mightily!
Posted By: Tarkas Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 02:27 PM
I'm not going to get into the "Is it Art?" argument (too much of a Philistine -- no pun intended -- that way, I'm afraid), but this was a fun vignette from the lives of two highly entertaining characters.

One thing, though: Martha needs to learn to keep her mouth shut! Not a good idea to call her sister by name in front of a mugger and victim!

Phil
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 04:18 PM
Hi,

Great part. clap

Martha gasped. “Oh no, Lara! He is going to shoot us! What EVER shall we DO?”

Lara brought a hand to her cheek. “Oh, if ONLY we were---I dunno---bullet-proof super-powered semi-Kryptonians or something!”

“Oh wait a minute, we ARE!”
clap
Thankyou! Thankyou! It's such a pleasure to write for such wonderful readers. Thanks for your comments. smile

Ya'll want MORE?!
jawdrop
Erm, Ok. We'll see.

Pam---That's my personal fave too. laugh

Tarkas---Have you read The Big Debut? Martha and Lara are from the Altiverse, so everybody already knows who they are. Maybe I should put better intros at the top or something...
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/04/04 06:52 PM
Cute! clap

~Liz
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/05/04 04:29 AM
LOL !!! What every one else said. Great stuff, and thank-you.
clap clap

c.
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/06/04 08:59 PM
Mary

ROTFL! smile1
I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool
Posted By: merry Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/07/04 08:46 AM
Mary
very funny
just cathing up
merry
Posted By: EmilyH Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/09/04 05:54 PM
rotflol
LOL! Great story.
Posted By: betsy Re: FDK: Now That's What I Call Art - 02/12/04 05:56 AM
I like this what gen? next gen. At first, I thought it was really martha and Lara and you had some kind of alt-universe going on where Lara came here instead of Kal El...

as you can tell, I have some catching up to do.

Anyway, I just read this and one of your others. Very well written! good pacing, good dialog. I really enjoyed them both!
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards