Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: anonpip FDK: My Love - 01/24/12 09:51 PM
Come one, come all! Feel free to leave comments, complaints, whatever...
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: My Love - 01/25/12 11:44 AM
*Happy sigh*. Thank you for giving me my daily supply of WAFF. smile

I very much enjoyed this story. thumbsup

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: KenJ Re: FDK: My Love - 01/25/12 02:17 PM
I very much enjoyed the Clark POV throughout. So many times authors will jump from one to the other. smile
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: My Love - 01/25/12 02:33 PM
thumbsup
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK: My Love - 01/25/12 05:06 PM
Awww! /sniffles. That was just lovely. I also enjoyed the POV and I liked the scenes from year to year, showing us a few of the ups and downs they enjo...erm, endure.... ah, experienced through the years. Thanks for sharing.

B
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: My Love - 01/25/12 08:04 PM
I really loved that little bit of sweetness. Beautiful. Sigh... Laura
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: My Love - 01/25/12 08:12 PM
What a gentle passage throught the years with Lois and Clark. I especially liked the 'floating' at the end. (Sigh!)
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: My Love - 01/25/12 11:59 PM
Wonderful story that really captures the essence of Clark and his multi-faceted yet single-minded love for Lois. Love the scenes chosen to showcase his/their journey.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: My Love - 01/27/12 08:25 PM
Thank you all! It was harder than I had expected to try to write something after so long, so it's good to hear kind words.

I much appreciate the feedback.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: My Love - 01/28/12 10:51 AM
Hi Nancy!
I’m sorry I missed it on the beta wagon. frown Even had just re-read My Partner during Kerth prepping. Alas, available time and all that…

This interview wasn’t going that well, and getting flummoxed over a beautiful woman wasn’t going to help things.
/gets all sorts of ideas of Clark asking ‘Mr. White’ for permission to date said woman-cum-adopted-daughter/

It couldn’t have gone any more poorly than my interview had.
You never know. She *might* have worn an emerald necklace.

I mean, she did own a sweatshirt and I imagined she hadn’t bought it simply to fool me. She probably didn’t walk around her apartment alone wearing the dresses she wore to work.
Now, wouldn’t *that* be a twist?

I wasn’t sure Lois even knew I existed as anything more than an annoyance. To be fair, she didn’t seem to notice anyone else as people either.
wave Michael
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: My Love - 01/30/12 08:22 PM
Thanks, Michael!

No problem on BRing. I'm on here so infrequently these days, I wasn't even sure who was still around. Glad to see you are!

Oooooooh! Nice plot-bunny!
Any ideas? I'd love to read more Michael-fic...
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK: My Love - 01/31/12 04:58 AM
All the sections were great and worked together wonderfully well to form a lovely story.

However, my favourite was 1995, and I would have enjoyed seeing exactly what Clark had 'misunderstood'. His reaction was so typically lunkheaded. I wonder how Lois dealt with him putting some distance between them. (I'm not saying you should have included this - but it got me thinking smile )

Thanks for sharing,

Corrina.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: My Love - 01/31/12 12:13 PM
Any ideas? I'd love to read more Michael-fic...
blush Me, too eek On a serious note, I put it on my ideas-list, but so far it's just a cute bunny laugh

wave Michael
Posted By: anonpip Re: FDK: My Love - 01/31/12 08:39 PM
Thanks, Corrina!

That's my favorite part, too. I'm sort of a sucker for despondent Clark.

I don't really know what Clark misunderstood. I took that from the script of We Have a Lot to Talk About. At some point Lois said that Clark misunderstood her.

Actually, I just checked the script again and I don't see it, so I don't know exactly where I got it from. I may have interpreted it from something else she said.

Anyway, my assumption is that Clark misunderstood her answer to his proposal. He took it as "No, I don't want to marry you," and what Lois meant was "No, I'm not ready to be engaged to you right at this moment, right after learning this big secret about you. I need some time to get used it, and then ask again."

So, that's what I was thinking when I wrote it.

And Michael - if that plot bunny turns into anything (or anything else materializes on your screen), please let me know!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: My Love - 02/05/12 09:15 AM
blush

Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards